I know this has been hashed and rehashed as I have been reading all sorts of posts on the topic but i would like to see if anyone knows the simple generic answer for my problem.

I was wondering if anyone knows the pairing code for the bold 9000.

or does each unit have a unique code?
    07-24-11 11:12 AM
    Are you talking about Bluetooth pairing? Or something else?

Have you tried 0000 or 1234?
    07-24-11 12:34 PM
    yes. i had the pairing done, and the bluetooth was not working so I searched for a fix and the only one I ran across asked me to update my drivers via the guide suggested in these forums. It requires me updating the drivers after the first pairing, then removing the laptop from the phone (leaving the phone pairing on the laptop device),then reconnecting the two. Alas, I need the pairing code. I tried the pairing code I generated when I first paired the two, and it is not working, along with 1234 and 0000.
    07-24-11 01:15 PM
    Ah. In that case, the code is generated at the time of the attempted pairng. It's a security measure. There's no standard code.
    07-24-11 01:23 PM
    the strange thing is, since I cannot delete the phone pairing from the computer as it will delete the changes to the drivers I have made, I seem to need the default blackberry code
    07-24-11 01:27 PM
    Ah. In that case, the code is generated at the time of the attempted pairng. It's a security measure. There's no standard code.
    This is it. If it failed, you need to delete the devices and try again.
    07-24-11 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD