I have noticed that lately my Bold has droped an active call with the dreaded call failed message after talking for better than 10 minutes, AND the phone is pretty warm. I know almost all smart phones get fairly warm the longer you are talking on one, but my question is is that why my call is getting dropped? I am in a less than perfect coverage location at times so thats a potential contributer and I have also made a call from Bold to my house and left it sitting for 15 minutes and it didnt drop the call... Just wondering what others had found. My Bold is ATT and has their latest OS. I'm not going to return unless it gets worse I suppose. It took 2 times to get the first working Bold; the first overheated when charing to the point of melting, and the second just had a totally fubar'd OS that would never work...
    06-15-09 02:07 PM
    Might be switching back and forth between 3G and EDGE, dropping the call.
    06-15-09 02:10 PM
    Might be switching back and forth between 3G and EDGE, dropping the call.
    Actually, that's a very good point. Where the calls are frequently dropped, I tend to waver back and forth with EDGE vs 3G coverage when I watch the network indicator. Thanks for pointing that out.
    06-15-09 02:15 PM
    Actually, that's a very good point. Where the calls are frequently dropped, I tend to waver back and forth with EDGE vs 3G coverage when I watch the network indicator. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Too bad this phone has a sloppy pass off.
    06-15-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD