Hi all, I was wondering if there is a simple solution for wirelessly syncing blackberry BIS with outlook calendars and contacts, similar to MobileMe for the iphone? I would really like to switch from the iPhone to the Bold, but I can't live without the wireless sync feature that automatically keeps my desktop, laptop and phone synced at all times. I've had blackberries before and never remember to manually sync them (and it doesn't sync well with more than one computer anyway). I did a bit of research on the Blackberry Unite software, but I'm not sure if that's exactly what I need and frankly, based on the user feedback, it sounds like a nightmare. I don't need to share info with anyone, just to sync my own calendar and contact data between phone and computers. Any ideas?
    11-12-08 11:18 AM
    I am VERY new at this; getting my first blackberry yesterday. But I was reading online earlier, and someone posted somewhere that they had outlook, google calendar and their BB calendar sync. I bet that the google calendar syncs wirelessly to the BB, and outlook syncs to google, so all get updated every few minutes. Might be worth checking out.

Later,
    B.
    11-14-08 07:07 AM
    astrasync.com

It only works with Exchange 2007 servers for now, but I believe there should soon be a new release that will sync with Exchange 2003 servers.
    11-14-08 09:20 AM
    hey,

check out funambol -- Funambol Mobile 2.0 Messaging Powered by Open Source / www.myfunambol.com. Wireless sync of contacts, calendar, tasks, notes. tasks and notes are not viewable using their less-than-useable web interface, but they have clients for blackberry, ipod / iphone, outlook and more... i use it primarily for back up of my Blackberry, but you can do all sorts of crazy things using funambol as the middle-man.

cheers,

J
    11-14-08 01:55 PM
    You can sync the calendar using google sync. It will sync outlook to a google calendar then sync the google calendar to the BB.
    11-14-08 02:33 PM
    I'm trying to do the same thing. Any more details on how to do it? Will it sync both ways?
    11-15-08 12:47 PM
    I just set up funambol yesterday and it seems to be working well. I have the Outlook plugin on my work computer which sends the data to the server and then plug in on the BB device itself. Hopefully he keeps running smoothly because this is what I was looking for.
    11-19-08 03:50 PM
    Mine isn't perfect but my outlook syncs to plaxo, plaxo syncs to google and google syncs to my BB. I only set it up once and it works. Every now and then I get a duplicate.
    12-31-08 12:00 PM
    You may want to look at a hosted BES, that's just another option. I don't think anything is going to be as seamless as that. They really aren't that expensive and you get other benefits.
    12-31-08 12:54 PM
    I just set up funambol yesterday and it seems to be working well. I have the Outlook plugin on my work computer which sends the data to the server and then plug in on the BB device itself. Hopefully he keeps running smoothly because this is what I was looking for.
    I see that you were able to get your Bold to work with Funamobl. Which device did you tell the system you had?

My sync errors out on the calendar synching part.

Any suggestions?
    03-19-09 10:14 PM
    As long as you have the Desktop Redirector and Outlook both open then Redirector will forward you all of your new emails, calendar items and any changes you make to your address book, etc.
    03-20-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD