I am setting up all my work phones right now. 4 BB10 devices, and 3 OS7 devices. The Z10's and Z30 all sync with my outlook.com contacts and calendar flawless, but my Bold's do not give the option to sync calendar. They only show the check boxes for Contacts & Deleted Items under the Synchronization Options, no Calendar.

I am going nuts right now, because I have been setting up BlackBerry's for years and I have never not seen the calendar option (We have always used Google, and have just switched to Outlook). Am I just overlooking something silly because I'm frustrated? Or does Outlook.com not allow for calendar syncing with OS7 devices? I have been using calendar sync flawlessly on the BB10 devices for months, the Bold's just don't allow me to set it up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as my employees are waiting for their phones to begin their jobs I'm hoping my being frustrated is just clouding my mind and I'm overlooking something silly.

Thanks in advance!
    03-05-14 09:04 AM
    Outlook.com does not show option for calendar sync-img_00000643.jpg

Swiped on a beautiful AMOLED BlackBerry 10.
    03-05-14 10:37 AM
    For the 9900 phones are you setting the outlook up as pop3 or imap cuz you can do both and I don't think the calendar shows up on the pop3
    03-05-14 11:34 AM
    Hmmmm. Honestly I don't know. It just asks me for my email and password. I don't see any options for choosing which type. I can't figure out what I am missing here, I have never had this problem in the past. Feel kind of silly I'm stuck on such a basic thing.

03-05-14 11:47 AM
    I am curious- how do you get your Z10 to synch with outlook .com and your contacts/calendar? I cannot get it to work. I am still on T- Mobile's 10.1.
    03-05-14 11:51 AM
    Hmmmm. Honestly I don't know. It just asks me for my email and password. I don't see any options for choosing which type. I can't figure out what I am missing here, I have never had this problem in the past. Feel kind of silly I'm stuck on such a basic thing.

Click on setting up a new email but give it a bogus address so you know it won't find that server. It will then push you to manually put in the server addresses and see if that doesn't help when you manually put them in. Use the imap ones.
    03-05-14 12:30 PM
    Click on setting up a new email but give it a bogus address so you know it won't find that server. It will then push you to manually put in the server addresses and see if that doesn't help when you manually put them in. Use the imap ones.
    I for some reason am not getting those results. If I put in a bogus address, it just tells me that my info is invalid, and sends me back to the log in page
    03-05-14 12:56 PM
    I am curious- how do you get your Z10 to synch with outlook .com and your contacts/calendar? I cannot get it to work. I am still on T- Mobile's 10.1.
    On the Z10/Z30 it just worked right away with no tweaking at all. Just put in log in and password, and set the switches to sync. Try deleting the account and re-add and make sure the switches are set to yes.

03-05-14 01:22 PM
    Ok I'm stumped at this point because that works for me. Who's the service with or are you using BES? Can you not log into the service online to add it that way?
    03-05-14 02:18 PM
    Ok I'm stumped at this point because that works for me. Who's the service with or are you using BES? Can you not log into the service online to add it that way?
    Just a regular Verizon account. Not BES. The normal verizon BIS log in website says that I cannot log in from there and I have to do it from my phone.

I'm getting pretty worried, since my entire crews schedules are done via BlackBerry, and suddenly I'm not able to get it working now that I transfered everything to Outlook.

I have to somehow figure this out. It must be something simple I'm overlooking I hope.

03-05-14 02:30 PM
    I have now tried this on 2 Bold 9930's and 1 Torch 9850 - All failed to offer the calendar sync option. I have also wiped all phones and tried from a fresh install, no go.
    03-05-14 04:21 PM
    I have now tried this on 2 Bold 9930's and 1 Torch 9850 - All failed to offer the calendar sync option. I have also wiped all phones and tried from a fresh install, no go.
    As far as memory serves, all BBOS only have OTA calendar sync for GMail with 1 calendar. If you want to sync an Outlook calendar you will have to use desktop Outlook and a connection to Desktop Manger, which is what I still do roughly once a week.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 03-05-14 at 11:06 PM.
    03-05-14 10:04 PM
    I've recently used OneMediaHub as a workaround to enable calendar sync for a 9900. Seems to work well so far. It's a pretty straightforward system and seems to instal and embed nicely into outlook on most devices / desktops. You can set manual or auto reconciliations across devices.
    03-06-14 02:46 AM
    So Outlook.com does not have calendar integration as easy as Gmail? For the past 3 years I have had 1 email address on all 7 BlackBerry phones for my employees, that housed all our customer contacts and calendar schedules. When 1 person updated a calendar or contact, it updated in the other 6 phones. Simple, no other programs needed, just worked over OTA without manually doing anything.

Is that not something that Outlook.com can do? On all the 3 BlackBerry 10 devices I have, it works flawless just like the Gmail did. Is it confirmed that OS7 devices can't do this? I don't feel like the number of phones should have anything to do with it, as I can't get the calendar option to show in any OS7 device, even after all other phones were wiped and had no email accounts on them.

Does anyone have Outlook.com calendar sync enabled in OS7?

03-06-14 06:38 AM
    This might be cumbersome but have you tried to use the desktop manager to sync the calendar manually for the OS7 devices?
    03-06-14 09:11 AM
    I have not tried that. Although that technically may work, I unfortunately need calendars that update in real time OTA as employees in the field add things to calendar entries.

03-06-14 11:02 AM
    I realized today that I have 3 free upgrades on my business account. So unless anyone has any knowledge on how to make OS7 devices sync outlook calendars OTA, I will probably upgrade them all to BlackBerry 10 devices.

Not the best option and not something I want to do, since I will use up all my remaining upgrades, but this syncing is mandatory for the way we operate.

Oh well, looks like my employees will be getting shiny new phones

03-06-14 12:55 PM
    Sorry I couldn't think of anything else. The only other option I had was to link it with a gmail acct so you could sync calendar but that's like a pain in the a**
    03-06-14 01:47 PM
    It's no problem man, I appreciate it. I also thought of the Gmail linking, but I was very happy to leave Gmail behind. The constant begging me to join G+ really annoyed me away from them. I'm extremely happier with Outlook, except for this little thing. But oh well. Forced upgrades are sometimes needed. Now I am the proud owner of Z10's, Z30's, and Q'10's

03-06-14 03:10 PM
    If you set up outlook.com as a exchange active sync on the Bolds you should be able to get the calendars. "s.outlook.com" is the server. User and password for your email.
    03-06-14 07:36 PM
    Traveling this week with my Z10 but I can't wait to check this out on my 9930 when I get back home again. Thank you!
    03-10-14 09:47 AM
    It's no problem man, I appreciate it. I also thought of the Gmail linking, but I was very happy to leave Gmail behind. The constant begging me to join G+ really annoyed me away from them. I'm extremely happier with Outlook, except for this little thing. But oh well. Forced upgrades are sometimes needed. Now I am the proud owner of Z10's, Z30's, and Q'10's

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know I had the exact same experience. BB 10 synced calendar right away with my live.com (outlook.com) account but there is not, nor have I ever seen in years past, an option for the calendar to sync with the live.com/outlook.com mail. Contacts, yes, but not calendar. I also agree with you wholeheartedly about annoying many Google services have become!

Good luck with your new BB 10 devices!
    03-20-14 07:41 PM
    I am very happy with them. For the first time ever I was also very impressed with Verizon. I already owned the Z10's and Z30, but all 3 Q10's were completely free with my upgrades. And then Verizon pushed out the OS update so everything was great.

My only complaint is something with the calendar that I cannot figure out. But I am assuming it is an Outlook problem, and not a BlackBerry problem.. we make all our initial calendar entries from the outlook.com browser, and entries have formatting. Nothing much, just a basic form pasted in each entry. The problem is that if an entry is edited in the BlackBerry calendar, it auto removes all formatting. It will look perfect in the phone, then right when save is pressed, all spaces between words are deleted and crushed into each other. Looked horrible and not readable after on both the browser and the phone. I have yet to find any fix.

That may not make sense without a picture, is was a bit hard to explain.

Swiped on a beautiful AMOLED BlackBerry.
    03-20-14 09:22 PM