has this happened to anyone?

today at work my bold was in its holster (bb brand so it does the magnet shut off thing) i pull it out and it was kinda hot.....i hadn't used it for at least an hour and no programs were running. i have good service on the sales floor so i know it wasn't that i was trying to connect...

it stayed like that for a while, battery pulled it and left it like that to cool off for like 5 min.....

it all good now, and for now just wanted to know if anyone has similar story....thanks
    05-28-09 01:42 AM
    Some of the earlier OS builds had a problem with the handhelds getting hot. I experienced this with Rogers .162 build. IME, .237/.247/.266 all have been okay for low heat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:48 AM
    So its an OS problem. It only happened this one time tho....oh and dumb question but how do I choose change OS and which would be best

05-28-09 01:52 AM
    So its an OS problem. It only happened this one time tho....oh and dumb question but how do I choose change OS and which would be best

I can't guarantee that it is solely the OS's fault. What OS do you have now?

05-28-09 01:55 AM

05-28-09 01:59 AM

That's almost as bad as .162

05-28-09 02:02 AM
    Most midlet games will do this if you leave them running in the background also.
    05-28-09 02:03 AM
    Tough call. Many people still run .167 with no problems besides a lagging OS.

I as always recommend .237 or .266-EA versions, but again that is entirely up to you.

To upgrade an OS you download and install a version to you OS. Delete the vendor file and and plug in your BB, hit apploader.exe and follow the prompts.

05-28-09 02:03 AM
    ummm.....yyyeaaaahhh....ya lost me... i do this in DM?
    05-28-09 02:05 AM
    That's almost as bad as .162

Aha, very true. The key word here, however, is "Almost". .162 gave me random restarts along with hot flashes. .

05-28-09 02:06 AM
    ummm.....yyyeaaaahhh....ya lost me... i do this in DM?
    BB 101 Lectures come in handy here: BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

I prefer to do it the apploader.exe way, which is a simplified version of doing it the DM way.

Download the OS of choice to your PC. Install said OS to your PC. Do a complete back up of your BB including 3rd party apps in DM. Go to C:>Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>Apploader> there you will find both the Vendor.xml file and the Apploader.exe file. Delete the Vendor file, disconnect your PC from the internet, plug in your BB, double click Apploader.exe, follow the prompts, do not unplug until it has finished doing its thing, then do a battery pull, restore your backed up files to your phone using DM and woila! Completed.

And before you ask: How to do a 3rd party app back up.

Feel free to ask questions, there are many helpful people on this board.

05-28-09 02:28 AM
    wow thanks!!!! i was lost and now im found!
    05-28-09 02:30 AM
    wow thanks!!!! i was lost and now im found!
    No worries. BTW, the latest "official" OS can be found as stickies on the top of the 9000 page. .266 Vodaphone and Optus are the latest, as well as AT&T's .167 with an improved platform.
    05-28-09 02:34 AM
    oh ok ill check it in the morning. thanks again
    05-28-09 02:36 AM
    has this happened to anyone?

today at work my bold was in its holster (bb brand so it does the magnet shut off thing) i pull it out and it was kinda hot.....i hadn't used it for at least an hour and no programs were running. i have good service on the sales floor so i know it wasn't that i was trying to connect...

it stayed like that for a while, battery pulled it and left it like that to cool off for like 5 min.....

it all good now, and for now just wanted to know if anyone has similar story....thanks
    From what I understand, plenty of Japanese can empathize with you...
    05-28-09 02:54 AM
    ..........lol?
    05-28-09 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD