06-22-10 10:13 PM
54 123
tools
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Here you go. I had asked on another thread if Opera Mini Beta 2 worked on the 9650 but didn't get a response. Great thread.

I may have to upgrade now.

Beta 2 is better in other ways imo. The font is MUCH larger. OM final is unreadable for me due to the much smaller maximum font size. The Speed dial page is much nicer looking in beta 2 as well. Crazy how Opera killed the links to the beta after the final is released.

I really wouldn't get the 9650 if Opera Mini (beta 2) didn't work on it. Reading newspapers is what I do most on my Tour, and nothing comes close to the speed and usability of OM. Especially since I started using <* then roll trackball up> to start a new tab and <* then roll trackball to either side> to cycle through them. <* then roll trackball down> to close tab. Spacebar page down is where it's at too.

I'm assuming the above shortcuts do work with the trackpad?
    06-20-10 04:32 AM
    Update:

I found 5.0.19692 available for download here:
    Opera Mini for BlackBerry download for Blackberry - Softpedia

However, the trackpad sensitivity makes it fairly unusable. BUT, other than that, so far it seems to work. That is, I can actually shut down the app and trackpad clicks actually work whereas the versions of 5 I have downloaded from the Opera website did not work. I couldn't shut down the app and has to perform a battery pull to kill it.

I located a .jar file for 5.0.19693 and might try to install it.

If anyone has a perfectly working version(no trackpad issues) of Opera Mini 5 on their 9650 I would certainly be interested in knowing which version they have.
    I have Opera Mini 5 Beta. It works the best out of all of them. No trackpad issues whatsoever.
    RapdShare download limit has been maxed I was told.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 06:50 AM
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Here you go. I had asked on another thread if Opera Mini Beta 2 worked on the 9650 but didn't get a response. Great thread.

I may have to upgrade now.

Beta 2 is better in other ways imo. The font is MUCH larger. OM final is unreadable for me due to the much smaller maximum font size. The Speed dial page is much nicer looking in beta 2 as well. Crazy how Opera killed the links to the beta after the final is released.

I really wouldn't get the 9650 if Opera Mini (beta 2) didn't work on it. Reading newspapers is what I do most on my Tour, and nothing comes close to the speed and usability of OM. Especially since I started using <* then roll trackball up> to start a new tab and <* then roll trackball to either side> to cycle through them. <* then roll trackball down> to close tab. Spacebar page down is where it's at too.

I'm assuming the above shortcuts do work with the trackpad?
    Wow! I never used those shortcuts before for Tabs. To answer your question, yes they do work. I'm using the Beta version of Opera Mini. The Beta version works with the 9650, not the Final released version.
    In order to use the shortcuts you mentioned you have to press *, let go, and then move the trackpad.

06-20-10 07:00 AM
    Download limit reached on the link for the Opera .cod. Any chance someone could re-upload?
    PM me if you need the .cod file.

06-22-10 10:13 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD