i just got my 9650 today with sprint. and i tried downloading bolt and opera. opera wasnt too good and bolt is a little slower than opera was on my 8330 but its still pretty good. i like it.
    06-08-10 06:25 PM
    I am still using the Beta Opera Mini on my Bold and it works fine. I still prefer the native browser though.
    06-08-10 10:26 PM
    I downloaded it when it first came out and I was on my Tour. I heard some people having issues after they upgraded away from the beta so I stuck with it. I haven't had any problems. PM me your email address and I'll send you the .cod for it. I loaded it from the .cod from my Tour and it works fine.
    No luck installing the .cod files.

Resulted in error messages when trying o run Opera Mini afterwards.
    06-10-10 12:22 AM
    I'm still using beta 2 of Opera mini 5 and it works for me perfect on the 9650. The new bolt 2.1 is much better than older versions. Uzard web browser didn't quit get it for me. It seemed to have some issues still.
    You're right ross778!
    Opera Mini 5 Beta does work for the Bold 9650.
    I wish they would provide a download link for users to download, rather than the version 5 they have out now that won't work for our devices.
    The Beta version rocks!
    Now I'm back to using Opera Mini again.
    I'm so happy
    06-17-10 08:49 AM
    You're right ross778!
    Opera Mini 5 Beta does work for the Bold 9650.
    I wish they would provide a download link for users to download, rather than the version 5 they have out now that won't work for our devices.
    The Beta version rocks!
    Now I'm back to using Opera Mini again.
    I'm so happy
    I tried om5 and it didn't work at all. What version then? A beta?
    The one at m.opera.com for bb sucks bad. The cursor is sloppy all over the place, drives ya nutty!
    Can you link us to the beta?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-17-10 at 09:59 AM.
    06-17-10 09:44 AM
    I tried om5 and it didn't work at all. What version then? A beta?

Yes..the Beta version.
    It was the version of Opera Mini 5 right before the latest official version.
    The latest version worked fine for most devices. I heard that the latest OS 5 builds for trackpad devices have problems with the final build of Opera Mini 5.
    I installed the old Beta 5 version and it works perfect. I haven't found any issues thus far.
    06-17-10 10:00 AM
    Yes..the Beta version.
    It was the version of Opera Mini 5 right before the latest official version.
    The latest version worked fine for most devices. I heard that the latest OS 5 builds for trackpad devices have problems with the final build of Opera Mini 5.
    I installed the old Beta 5 version and it works perfect. I haven't found any issues thus far.
    Where'd you get it? I don't see it at m.opera.com at least not listed as beta. There are 2 om 5's and an om 4.2. I'm sure alot of folks would like to be rockin' om on their berries.
    06-17-10 10:30 AM
    Where'd you get it? I don't see it at m.opera.com at least not listed as beta. There are 2 om 5's and an om 4.2. I'm sure alot of folks would like to be rockin' om on their berries.
    You will need the .cod file and BBSAK to install it.
    06-17-10 10:49 AM
    I use opera 4.2. Is Opera mini 5 any better? And in which ways.
    06-17-10 11:11 AM
    I prefer Opera Mini 4.2 because it's easier and faster to navigate. It uses the BlackBerry Menu key, like you would in all applications. Opera Mini 5 has a nicer layout, but getting to settings and closing the application takes longer.

06-17-10 11:18 AM
    I use opera 4.2. Is Opera mini 5 any better? And in which ways.
    How'd you get past accept? The 9650 has no soft keys to accept it. No cursor on 4.2 either. Maybe I'm not seeing something. I actually liked 4.2 alot on other devices.

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out. DOH!
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-17-10 at 11:27 AM.
    06-17-10 11:20 AM
    How'd you get past accept? The 9650 has no soft keys to accept it. No cursor on 4.2 either. Maybe I'm not seeing something. I actually liked 4.2 alot on other devices.
    Opera Mini 4.2 doesn't work we'll on the Bold 9650. It works better on other devices.
    On the 9650 you have to use the Q and P buttons on your keypad. You can navigate with the trackpad, but you have to make a selection with the Enter key instead. Awkward setup.

06-17-10 11:28 AM
    Opera Mini 4.2 doesn't work we'll on the Bold 9650. It works better on other devices.
    On the 9650 you have to use the Q and P buttons on your keypad. You can navigate with the trackpad, but you have to make a selection with the Enter key instead. Awkward setup.
    Yeah, so I'm seeing. It's a learning curve then.
    06-17-10 11:35 AM
    Can you post the .cod file?
    06-17-10 09:44 PM
    Yes, please post the COD file!

06-17-10 10:05 PM
    Or tell us where we can find it, please!
    06-17-10 10:13 PM
    06-18-10 12:16 AM
    Does anyone know if Mozilla will release a mobile version of their Firefox browser for our BB's? I thought I read a posting saying that they will...
    06-18-10 02:55 AM
    Thanks for posting this. Can you tell me how to get it on to my blackberry from here?
    06-19-10 09:40 AM
    Thanks for posting this. Can you tell me how to get it on to my blackberry from here?
    Use BBSAK to install .cod file to your phone.

BBSAK:
    RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0

06-19-10 09:49 AM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting the download. It works perfectly, no trackpad issues at all. Can't believe I missed Opera that much, but I'm glad to have it back!

06-19-10 10:43 AM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting the download. It works perfectly, no trackpad issues at all. Can't believe I missed Opera that much, but I'm glad to have it back!

I'm glad it worked for you. I'm glad to have it as well. Especially for full HTML sites. Since I was forced to use the BlackBerry default browser at first, I've been pretty much using it for my mobile sites ever since. I like how I can add bookmarks in the default browser, then when I want to find them I start typing and it will narrow down the search.
    I'll be using both browsers now. At first it was strictly Opera Mini.

06-19-10 10:49 AM
    Download limit reached on the link for the Opera .cod. Any chance someone could re-upload?
    06-19-10 08:22 PM
    Download limit reached on the link for the Opera .cod. Any chance someone could re-upload?
    I will second that.
    06-20-10 02:08 AM
    Update:

I found 5.0.19692 available for download here:
    Opera Mini for BlackBerry download for Blackberry - Softpedia

However, the trackpad sensitivity makes it fairly unusable. BUT, other than that, so far it seems to work. That is, I can actually shut down the app and trackpad clicks actually work whereas the versions of 5 I have downloaded from the Opera website did not work. I couldn't shut down the app and has to perform a battery pull to kill it.

I located a .jar file for 5.0.19693 and might try to install it.

If anyone has a perfectly working version(no trackpad issues) of Opera Mini 5 on their 9650 I would certainly be interested in knowing which version they have.
    06-20-10 03:43 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD