Has anyone tried oprea or bolt browsers yet in their new bolds? I have bolt on my storm and gf tour and I really like it. I was wondering if anyone has had any issues yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 02:19 PM
    Bolt works on the 9650
    06-07-10 02:22 PM
    2.1 version?
    06-07-10 04:37 PM
    Yeah, 2.1 works
    06-07-10 04:40 PM
    Opera doesnt work on the Bold.. Bolt does, but I'm not a fan of Bolt
    06-07-10 04:41 PM
    How well does Bolt work on the 9650? It's a lot slower than Opera Mini on my Curve. It always hangs at 20%, then eventually loads the page a little while after that. It doesn't cache pages well. When going back it always try to reload most of them. These are major turn offs for me, therefore I use Opera Mini, which is pretty fast. Since Opera Mini is having issues on the 9650, does Bolt have the same issues it had on older devices?

06-07-10 09:52 PM
    something that upset me considering i've got the bold coming in a day... was that in comparison test to webpage www.crackberry.com (non mobile version) both of them never loaded it before, no cookies saved, the blackberry tour loaded the website faster than my brother's blackberry bold... both on the 3g network.. it was prob 2 seconds faster but still some what of a let down, I want to try to take a video of it when mine comes in, possibly do a comparison of it and hop on my wifi on the new bold and compare it to my tour on the network, i'm hoping the bold beats it...

back to the original question.... there's the BB native browser which I always end up going back to... the Opera browser and the Bolt... anyone else I wouldn't trust....

my favorite was the Opera Mini for my blackberry storm 2 days...
    06-08-10 12:03 AM
    Yea. Opera Mini Doesnt work on the 9650... It sucks..

The browser is the best and quickest, too bad it doesnt work..
    06-08-10 01:09 AM
    Yea. Opera Mini Doesnt work on the 9650... It sucks..

The browser is the best and quickest, too bad it doesnt work..
    That sucks

Opera Mini is my favorite browser, and I agree that it's the fastest. If it wasn't' for that, I would already ordered the 9650. I'm not a Bolt fan. It hangs too often at 20%, and we all know about the default browser.

06-08-10 01:21 AM
    Bolt used to hang up for me too. Try the latest version it works much better for me. I preferred Opera Mini on my Tour. Too bad it doesn't work on the 9650.
    06-08-10 01:24 AM
    Bolt used to hang up for me too. Try the latest version it works much better for me. I preferred Opera Mini on my Tour. Too bad it doesn't work on the 9650.
    I have the latest version of Bolt which is 2.10
    Sometimes it hangs at 20%, and other times it does not.
    It does it more often than it should.
    Keep in mind, I'm on a Curve 8330.
    I hope Opera Mini can find a fix while we continue to wait on the WebKit browser.
    06-08-10 01:32 AM
    Opera mini 5 works great on the 9650. I prefer the built-in browser usually tho. Just have to turn off javascript and most sites work pretty well.
    06-08-10 04:45 AM
    Opera mini 5 works great on the 9650. I prefer the built-in browser usually tho. Just have to turn off javascript and most sites work pretty well.
    Most people are saying that Opera Mini 5 won't work, and the cursor moves all over the place at times.
    06-08-10 04:47 AM
    Most people are saying that Opera Mini 5 won't work, and the cursor moves all over the place at times.
    I downloaded it from the opera site and it works normally. The cursor is a little sensitive with the trackpad definitely.
    06-08-10 04:49 AM
    Try http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/uzard-browser-476216/. Has Flash.

06-08-10 05:06 AM
    tried Opera Mini 5, it's impossible, the cursor is all wonky using the trackpad.

Bolt 2.1 has nice features and all that jazz, but I am not a fan of how it handles the cursor either, I don't want mine auto-snapping to links/text boxes and it seems to reload a page anytime i type in a box.

Going to give this uZard browser a try, will let you know. The stock BB Browser does a good job of loading forums and sites made for mobile phones.
    06-08-10 08:52 AM
    The cursor on Opera Mini is horrendous. It jumps all over the place on the 9650.

06-08-10 03:41 PM
    I'm still using beta 2 of Opera mini 5 and it works for me perfect on the 9650. The new bolt 2.1 is much better than older versions. Uzard web browser didn't quit get it for me. It seemed to have some issues still.
    06-08-10 03:46 PM
    I'm still using beta 2 of Opera mini 5 and it works for me perfect on the 9650. The new bolt 2.1 is much better than older versions. Uzard web browser didn't quit get it for me. It seemed to have some issues still.
    Where did you get the link for the version of Opera Mini that works on your device? I put it on someone else's Bold from m.opera.com and the cursor went haywire.

06-08-10 03:48 PM
    I downloaded it when it first came out and I was on my Tour. I heard some people having issues after they upgraded away from the beta so I stuck with it. I haven't had any problems. PM me your email address and I'll send you the .cod for it. I loaded it from the .cod from my Tour and it works fine.
    06-08-10 05:03 PM
    I downloaded it when it first came out and I was on my Tour. I heard some people having issues after they upgraded away from the beta so I stuck with it. I haven't had any problems. PM me your email address and I'll send you the .cod for it. I loaded it from the .cod from my Tour and it works fine.
    Wow! That's awesome. If so, this will be great news. That's one of the main reasons of why I haven't ordered my 9650 yet. I've been messing around with Bolt to see if I can learn to love it, but it's not working for me.
    I had Opera Mini 5 on my Curve, but it wouldn't allow my BlackBerry browser to open YouTube links anymore.
    Does having the beta version of Opera Mini on the 9650 yield the same results, as far as not being able to open YouTube videos from the main browser?
    06-08-10 05:14 PM
    Just tried it. When I tried to open a youtube video it re-directed it to the default browser. The default browser opens them fine though.

06-08-10 05:23 PM
    Just tried it. When I tried to open a youtube video it re-directed it to the default browser. The default browser opens them fine though.

Great! I assume Opera Mini 5 doesn't hijack the default browser in OS 5, in comparison to OS 4.5.
    Opera Mini 4.2 will open a YouTube video, redirect and opens the default brwser, and the file will play in the default browser. Opera Mini 5 does the same thing, but the file will never play in the default browser. No YouTube video will play on my 8330 if Opera Mini 5 is installed on my device. Once removed, everything is back to normal.

06-08-10 05:29 PM
    Nope, still works fine in the native browser.

06-08-10 05:34 PM
    I downloaded from opera.com. It's Opera mini version 5.0.19692.

The native browser really is pretty good, though. Compared to the 8330 (which has a horrible, useless browser) the browser on the bold is pretty good for just about every site I need. Engadget, crackberry, cnn, ars, slashdot, etc. The only complaint is that it's a little slow and there's no flash.

Here's what you have to do:

a) Turn off javascript (you can turn it on for individual bookmarks but most of the time it is too slow or screws up the rendering)
    b) Set browser identification to Firefox

Honestly I don't even care that much about the webkit browser anymore, the BBOS 5 browser does just about everything I need.
    06-08-10 06:15 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD