Checked for updates last night and woke up this morning with a notification that an OTA update is available for T-Mo. I went ahead and let the phone update this morning and it took about an hour. so i just went to send a text message just now and i type the person's name in that i want to send it to and notice there are duplicate entries in my phone book!!

What gives?! Can someone help me out here as to getting back single contact entries? NOTE: NOT ALL CONTACTS WERE DUPLICATED.

thanks.

NOTE: I was currently operating on the .586 OS now i'm at the most current version .7something
    06-23-10 10:53 AM
    bump (...... added to meet min character requirements)
    06-23-10 04:29 PM
    Do you have a Gmail account? This is how I get around duplicate contacts. For me its too much work to fix it on the BB.

I have a Gmail account and have Gsync on my BB. After i did my OS upgrade last night, I noticed most of my contacts were duplicated, probably because of whats on my sims card and on Gmail.

I did a Google sync, then went onto my PC and opened my Gmail accounts. Went into contacts and modified/erased all my contacts. When done, I hit Gsync on my phone again and VOILA!!! All good now. It something that I learned here on Crackberry when I first got my 9700 and all my contacts were jazzed up.

Hope this helps.
    06-23-10 06:24 PM
    I'll try it out later or tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 08:10 PM
    okay well here's what i did.. went to gmail and deleted all my contacts.. went into my phone book hit sync and it did for about 3 seconds then said.. sync failed.. please tell me how to fix this... i'm starting to get tired of the blackberries and all their quirks
    06-25-10 05:23 PM
    update.. it gets to 61/630 contacts and fails.. everytime... obviously i should have around 300 contacts... what gives!?
    06-25-10 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD