Sorry for the stupid question: If I upgrade to the latest and greatest via the app loader, do I still retain all my apps? Garmin mobile, RepliGo reader, BB Alerts, etc? Or do I have to reload all the apps?
    06-21-09 06:09 PM
    You should back everything up. Go to the site in my sig, then go to Articles. There is a very thorough advanced article titled Proper Upgrade and Downgrade. Everything will be there once you are finished.
    06-21-09 06:13 PM
    If you don't wipe your phone first your apps will still be there but you might have to register some of them again to get them working. If you wipe, you will have to restore from a backup. Either way, you should backup your data and all of your third party apps before installing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 06:13 PM
    Sorry for the stupid question: If I upgrade to the latest and greatest via the app loader, do I still retain all my apps? Garmin mobile, RepliGo reader, BB Alerts, etc? Or do I have to reload all the apps?
    Oh, sorry. You said via apploader. I believe app loader wipes the device, so yes, you will need to reinstall. Again, back it all up first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 06:15 PM
    Thanks for all the excellent advice. Will do as suggested.
    06-21-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD