Hey, this is my first post. I have a BB9700 from Rogers and am looking to upgrade the software from the original one that came with the device 5.0.0.351. Ive read on here that Rogers is slow at updating the software, when it seems that every other carrier has updated at least once since the launch. Can anyone recommend me a version that will work well on Rogers and where I can download it from? Any help is greatly appreciated as my patience have run thin on Rogers and the slow pace at which they work.

Thanks
    06-01-10 06:57 PM
    all will work fine.. i am on rogers and use the latest os... look at the first post right at the top... the .680 software.
    06-01-10 07:02 PM
    I am currently using a Hutchison rel...I think the some offer multi language support. Hope that help's

Just remember to delete the vendor.XML of whatever you choose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 07:04 PM
    yup just be patient as it goes thru the process, and try not to panic when you read "Erasing data..." lol
    06-01-10 07:20 PM
    Any firmware will work, as long as you remove vendor.xml fromm your apploader folder.

You can even try the hybrid firmwares found in the os/beta/hybrid discussion category. They appear to draw out the best of each OS and combine all the beneficial bits into one "hybrid os"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD