So, I got a replacement a couple of weeks ago and noticed that with this new handset when I lock it the notice looks different i.e no green call symbol (the method it shows you to unlock). It got me thinking about the OS, it must be different from the previous handset - on this handset I am running .586 - which is the best version of the OS to be using at the moment?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 05:13 AM
    is the OS you are using now if fine, then dont worry about upgrading it to the latest...

like the saying goes.... If it aint broke, dont fix it
    07-03-10 06:25 AM
    It's a teeny bit laggy.

Sometimes I get a quick white screen (for about a point of a second) when activating the screen and my texts freeze up!
    07-03-10 06:42 AM
    hmm then you may want to upgrade, but the choice is yours... the latest is 5.0.0.743 link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ne...mobile-481639/

and just in case you need the how to: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    07-03-10 06:45 AM
    If you want the latest T-Mobile version, check for a wireless update on you phone and should pop up a .714 upgrade as that is the latest one, even over .586.

I am coming from .330 and only see minor differences, little better speed, stronger UMA/Wifi signal and apps seem to load quicker.

Honestly though, like C-86 said, if it aint broke, don't fix it...as there won't be much difference from .586.

Read up on .743 is an EA leak and read a lot of negative reviews on it. Good luck!

07-03-10 06:51 AM
    yes the EA leak is crap... but the offical by rogers or optus is fine... i was haivng nothing but issues with the leaked from EA, but as soon as i loaded the optus one, not a single issue at all!
    07-03-10 07:00 AM
    I stopped upgrading at .656. This phone just works. It aint broke as they say.

07-03-10 07:36 AM
    I'm on Orange UK and I don't think they ever update the OS. I have updated before when I was using an 8900 (I upgraded to OS 5.0). What, in your opinon, is the best OS to use with a 9700? For best performance, no lags, good battery life (although my battery life is IMMENSE at the moment, still had 65% when I went to bed at 3am and had taken it off the charger at 11am the morning before (I am a heavy user too!)
    07-03-10 07:37 AM
    As the guys above are saying, every load is a crap shoot. There are many factors. I myself roll between loads all the time however there are drawbacks. There will never be a perfect software load.

07-03-10 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD