Y0us3f,
    As dumb it may sound: We pay for the damn 3G to work as 3G. Instead, we're "happy" suddenly to work slower! AT&T is now happy since we pay for the promised 3G, yet are okay with a slower connection for the sake of saving some battery life....
    06-22-09 01:57 AM
    Wow thats a lot how did that happen i gained probably about 3 mb after the install of .282. Curious did you wipe your phone before the os upgrade or just upgraded. I just upgraded with wiping the memory clean. IDK if that has something to do with the hug jump in memory?
    Just did a standard upgrade via Apploader. But, now that I think about it, I did remove Japanese character support. I don't know much about the BlackBerry OS beyond my knowledge as a user, so I can't say whether or not that is a plausible explanation for such a drastic improvement. I do know it couldn't have hurt, however.
    06-22-09 02:03 AM
    No material differences between the two.
    06-22-09 02:12 AM
    Just did a standard upgrade via Apploader. But, now that I think about it, I did remove Japanese character support. I don't know much about the BlackBerry OS beyond my knowledge as a user, so I can't say whether or not that is a plausible explanation for such a drastic improvement. I do know it couldn't have hurt, however.
    I got a 10MB increase when I took the language support off for Japanese, Chinese, etc. on 266, and kept it off for 282. This upgrade is about 30% faster than .266 (averaging around 50MB, high of 57 and low of 45 over the last 24 hrs.).
    06-22-09 02:18 AM
    Yeah i did mine via apploader too. Just double checked Japanese character support isn't installed. I guess different strokes for different folks.
    Last edited by championart; 06-22-09 at 02:39 AM.
    06-22-09 02:32 AM
    Yeah i did mine via apploader too. I dont think i have chinese character support on. think only language installed is english but how do make sure a 100%?
    Go to Settings>Options>Language. Click on the "Language" and "Input Language" settings and make sure only English pops up as an option.
    06-22-09 02:39 AM
    thanks just checked and it wasn't installed but what i found when i checked language settings on my phone is that in addition to English input i had UK english installed so i went to DM and i'm uninstalling it as we speak i'll see what that does as it says its also deleting BB Fast predictive text also.
    Last edited by championart; 06-22-09 at 02:49 AM.
    06-22-09 02:42 AM
    If you de brand it you can change it with any version of OS!!

I did mine works fine
    and that's also looked down upon around here, be careful.

I don't prefer any one os to the other, the changes are so subtle except for the 3g/2g switch that I can't tell any difference.
    06-22-09 03:07 AM
    I seem to like .247 the best. I tried .266, and .282; .266 was decent, and .282 I had bad signal strength. .247 just seems to work the best for me. I might not have given the other two a fair chance, but I'm happy with .247 for now.
    06-22-09 03:09 AM
    I like .282 better than .266.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 03:22 AM
    Y0us3f,
    As dumb it may sound: We pay for the damn 3G to work as 3G. Instead, we're "happy" suddenly to work slower! AT&T is now happy since we pay for the promised 3G, yet are okay with a slower connection for the sake of saving some battery life....
    I don't understand
    i was able to change from 3g to 2g even when i was on .162

2g
    3g
    2g & 3g

?
    06-22-09 06:53 AM
    I don't understand
    i was able to change from 3g to 2g even when i was on .162

2g
    3g
    2g & 3g

?
    It's an AT&T issue, other carriers are not effected.
    06-22-09 06:55 AM
    Originally Posted by devek View Post
    Y0us3f,
    Well, they publish their 3G areas. It's unreasonable to demand 3G where they already stated it does not exist. Nobody was forced to get the phone or use AT&T.
    06-22-09 06:57 AM
    .282 is definitely better, better battery life, better signal and it works faster (more reponsive) then .266 and lower....
    06-22-09 07:07 AM
    Is anyone having issues with the Camera on 282? I am getting some strange image quality / Lighting / HUE issues.

Apart from that, I love 282. Battery life is the best ive seen and overall a very fast firmware
    06-22-09 07:31 AM
    .266 best for me
    06-22-09 11:00 AM
    .266 is better than .282

-pic thumb nails load slow (no big deal)
    -battery life on EGDE is less on 282 than .266 but still good enough.
    - my data indicator is super active & annoying (arrows constantly moving) (is there a solution?)
    -memory management on 282 is good but does not hold as good as .266

I'll keep 282 but ONLY because I'm too lazy to downgrade
    I can live with it til the next official.
    06-22-09 11:10 AM
    back at .266 there was a constant lag on .282. just my opinion.
    06-28-09 03:20 PM
    .266 has better signal strength for me, been tested both OS on the same locations, probably 4 places, all with bad signal coverage, the .266 still got 1-2 bar whereas the .282 got 1 only or the signal was completely shut off. Moreover, the .282 OS suffer the slow picture loading time, and it's really annoying as I have over 1000 pictures on my phone. Everything else is the same, apart from the feature on the .282 that allows at&t users to switch from 3G to 2G only, it's really great and help with your batt life. I'm sticking with the OS .266

06-28-09 04:47 PM
    BB Beta OS's..
    I like ice cream. Chocolate, Vanilla any kind. Breyers is my favorite, you know the one with cream and sugar and thats it. Of course Ben & Jerrys is in a class all its own and everyone knows that Cherry Garcia is better than Chunky Monkey. BB OSs like ice cream have got a flavor for every taste; sometimes you just don't know what you got till you try it.
    -Better memory
    -better battery
    -better browser
    -better radio
    ya,ya,ya
    There is such disparity between so many users I think it has become meaningless to ask. The ONLY way to know the best OS is to try a spoonful.
    But since you asked... .266 is the best OS hands down, period, finuto.
    06-28-09 05:17 PM
    247 > 266/282
    Ditto on at least the .266 part. My next upgrade will be the one where they fix the stupid wordwrap problem in text boxes like the one I'm posting in now.

06-28-09 11:44 PM
    I am still running .247 very stable but reception could be better, I have only had 1 memory alert but I am still doing a lot of setup on conact list alert settings etc...(I put a 4gb card in mine)

06-29-09 01:38 AM
    .282 for sure. Memory management is awesome and so is the 2G, 3G option. Battery life is about the same for me when 3G is on but when its off I can go about 20% longer.
    06-29-09 12:21 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD