Ok this weekend I upgraded my phones to 9700's and I love the device. I upgraded to .593 and I am not in love with it. The tmobile stock os of .330 was fine but I have heard both good and bad things about .423 and .442 so I leave it up to my fellow bb addicts to help me out. 9700 tmobile which os has worked best for all of you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 05:50 AM
    Give .586 a go

I've been using it since my carrier officially endorsed it a couple of weeks ago, and have been very happy with it

...and according to the rumours, TMO US are also going to support it soon
    04-27-10 06:19 AM
    Ask your parents. Parents always know what good and not good for you.
    04-27-10 06:49 AM
    Ask your parents. Parents always know what good and not good for you.
    Do your parents know that you're on a computer, alone and unsupervised?
    04-27-10 06:54 AM
    YOU are not in love with .593... I guess I'm not in Love with it, but it's given me absolutely NO problems on my T-Mobile 9700, and works very well as far as I'm concerned... what is your major issue with this OS???
    04-27-10 06:55 AM
    Only you know the answer to that, try out different OSs and then ask yourself the same question

04-27-10 06:56 AM
    The os does not have the seperate text and email option and disabled my stand by button I know it is stuff I can live with but I wanted to see what other 9700 users are using.

04-27-10 07:20 AM
    The os does not have the seperate text and email option and disabled my stand by button I know it is stuff I can live with but I wanted to see what other 9700 users are using.

Separating Text Messages from Email is a Theme based item... if your theme does not give YOU an option to change this then download a new theme that does allow this, or complain to the Theme builder... I build my own and know how to build my themes correctly.

The Standby button will NOT come back if you want a newer OS... if you want it back you'll have to go back to .330... start using the Lock button if you want a newer OS. RIM is not going back to the Standby button.
    04-27-10 07:26 AM
    .593 does have the option to seperate SMS and Email, as do all later OS builds. It's under Messages > Options > Inbox Settings

Standby is now incorporated in the new Lock feature (top left button). This is how RIM intend it to be from now on, so you'll have to live with it if you want to update in the future
    04-27-10 07:28 AM
    See this is why Iove this site did not know about all this stuff. Thanks to all

04-27-10 08:29 AM
    I'll try .545 or .593. I'm on .593 myself.
    04-27-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD