07-28-09 11:39 PM
720 ... 678910 ...
tools
    PMSL???? Never seen that acronym???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 03:03 PM
    Just upgraded to .266 from .247 - after experiencing several dropped calls with .247 - along with the poor battery performance.
    05-05-09 04:34 PM
    sorry everyone.. its late and i cant read through all of this and download tonight.. can anyone confirm if this build works with mac bluetooth teathering yet??
    no.... it doesnt. (Tho check the thread in this forum somewhere recently as great inroads have been made in getting the mac working!)
    05-05-09 05:24 PM
    .266 stank for me. I rolled back to .247 too buggy, made my phone spas out and go into SOS mode, WiFi didn't work. Thanks but I'll wait till the next one, with the way these things are being spat out...should be next week

05-05-09 05:33 PM
    so is there ANY way I can upgrade my OS on my Bold while on a Mac?
    05-05-09 06:38 PM
    No I don't believe so, unless you use a Windows based computer or a Windows emulator.
    05-05-09 07:17 PM
    ohh great, because I do have Windows on my Mac, on the side, which I NEVER use, I just partitioned it for the **** of it, but it really sucks...so I guess I'll just wait for something compatible with Macs? Is that a possibility?
    05-05-09 07:47 PM
    Well great, why not give it a try? Download it, install it, see what happens?

05-05-09 07:49 PM
    well do I have to download the Blackberry Manager on my Windows, because I don't have it installed lol, is it worth it going from .157/1.67 to the newest OS? Any big changes that could possibly make me less lazy and attempt this?
    05-05-09 07:53 PM
    I believe you do as this is where the loader.exe file comes from. I think it is absolutely worth it, so do many others. Either way, it is still your call!

05-05-09 07:59 PM
    Oh, I'll look into it and give it a shot, what are the chances of bricking your device and also if I upgrade the OS do I have to rearrange all my icons, download my apps again, and etc?
    05-05-09 08:03 PM
    it is adviseable that you do a backup prior to installing an OS, and also do a 3rd party app back up while you are at it (check out the "How to... section" for that). The locations of apps should be part of the device back up. Some apps get wiped in the process, just redownload/activate and the saved theme settings should put them back to where they were prior. It usually takes me about an hour total including download time. I suggest DM 4.6 for the Bold. All other info is found within the pages of this forum. Good luck.

05-05-09 08:12 PM
    Oh and after installing OS 8 times on my device, the only time I bricked it was when I did it intentionally to wipe it. Just don't pull the cord prematurely, patience is a virtue.

05-05-09 08:16 PM
    Geeze, sounds like somewhat of a hassle, and is DM 4.6 a 3rd party app or something? Also, how exactly do you "activate" the saved theme settings? Can you save a theme where your icons are all in the order you want them in??? Thanks, I really appreciate your time.
    05-05-09 08:24 PM
    I've tried 3 times to install 266 and everytime I end up with the 'App Error 200' msg.

To fix I had to downgrade to the my base install. I am back on 247 now and it looks like I will be staying here for now.
    Last edited by paradox-sj; 05-05-09 at 08:31 PM.
    05-05-09 08:26 PM
    Geeze, sounds like somewhat of a hassle, and is DM 4.6 a 3rd party app or something? Also, how exactly do you "activate" the saved theme settings? Can you save a theme where your icons are all in the order you want them in??? Thanks, I really appreciate your time.
    It's not hard, but it's not super simple for first timers.

Device Manager 4.6, can be downloaded from RIM's website. It contains the loader.exe file needed to load the OS to your berry.

By activate I meant activate any apps you bought. The theme info should be saved in the backup, and reloaded as part of the loading process.

All the info you need is right here in crackberry.com, check out the BB 101 pages, lots of great tutorials there.

05-05-09 08:40 PM
    Thanks, I really appreciate it, big help to me, I've had my Blackberry since Christmas, but I have a Mac so I am totally unfamiliar with the DM and such...plus I'm new to the site as you can see, thanks
    05-05-09 08:46 PM
    This is my first try at an unofficial release. Waiting on it to load. That white screen is like **** on earth! You just kinda pray you don't screw it up.
    05-05-09 10:58 PM
    For the most part, this build has been BERRY good to me (see what I did there?), with a few minor issues:

Suddenly, Pandora won't play through my bluetooth stereo headphones. I have two different pair, a Samsung and an LG and it won't work with either. I had absolutely no issues in .247. While not quite a dealbreaker, it's annoying. Music from my MP3s on my storage card play fine through my headsets.

I used JLcomander to completely wipe my Bold before I applied this, so it's as clean as it gets.

I also periodically have issues sending MMS and have to battery pull before I can send them again. This is probably a carrier issue, but I've spent hours on the phone with At&t and they're blaming the phone. Everything else about this build seems solid.
    05-05-09 11:11 PM
    My one big complaint is that all my calendar appointments (birthdays, etc) disappeared. I am putting those back in, but help on that would be super.

05-05-09 11:52 PM
    Ok this is the worst firmware for me for battery life. I'm chewing through half a battery a day with fairly light use.
    05-06-09 03:14 AM
    I am trying to run the .exe, but it goes to a MS-DOS type box, then stops. I have done this before and never had any issues - any ideas?
    05-06-09 06:40 AM
    I am trying to run the .exe, but it goes to a MS-DOS type box, then stops. I have done this before and never had any issues - any ideas?
    ? Weird. Are you sure you're running the right exe file?

Loader.exe in Apploader folder?
    05-06-09 08:13 AM
    do you have to remove the visual voicemail in this one also? i havent updated since .237
    05-06-09 08:58 AM
    Just upgraded my Bold to .266. Works good so far (about 5 minutes of use). Anything I should expect?
    05-06-09 09:48 AM
720 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD