07-28-09 11:39 PM
720 ... 23456 ...
tools
    You didn't do a full backup including apps? Shame.

I always use the loader.exe file, 6 OS now, no problems. I find that DM tends to complicate an otherwise simple process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 06:50 PM
    ya did that but its too late for all the apps. there all lost and need to be reloaded. im so pissed right now . gotta redo all the themes, everything. its not even mine its my dads. but still. so pissed i hate blackberry right now

its my fault for not manually backup up the apps. does it auto-back them up in some temp location? is their anyway to restore the apps.
    Theme data should be in the regular loader backup as long as you checked the right box, try searching for it.

3rd party apps have to be manually backed up.

04-30-09 06:53 PM
    I don't see a Loader.exe in my folder....
    04-30-09 06:54 PM
    Which Windows OS are you running? As long as you have a BB OS installed it will be there have to look in the right place.

04-30-09 06:56 PM
    Windows XP SP2
    04-30-09 06:58 PM
    Check out Program files/common files/research in motion/apploader you will find Loader.exe in there.

04-30-09 07:01 PM
    Hi,

I download and try to install .266 on my Bold. However, about 4 minutes into the update process it stops and will not update. The error message is

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

I have pulled the battery twice and reset my computer three times. Has anyone been able to upgrade after they experience this problem? What does this problem mean, how can I solve it??
    04-30-09 07:05 PM
    I wonder why so many are having a hard time with this OS? Which version did you DL? The Eastasia one or Vodaphone one?

04-30-09 07:07 PM
    I have several files that have loader in them but they are all .dll files. Not a single .exe

I might have to re-download.

I d/l the Vodaphone version.
    04-30-09 07:09 PM
    I wonder why so many are having a hard time with this OS? Which version did you DL? The Eastasia one or Vodaphone one?

Please can someone help me with deciphering the "Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]" message. What does this mean?? I have backed up, pulled the battery, restarted xp, and uninstalled (in xp) and reinstalled DM, the EastAsia, and Vodafone_UK releases. Please does anyone know how I can install .266 without getting the Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001] error message? I am doing nothing out of the ordinary. First, delete vendor.xml, then run loader.exe.
    04-30-09 07:14 PM
    Very strange on both accounts.

Bbsnub, try uninstalling/reinstalling the OS file to Windows. What version of DM are you using?

Poincare, what version of DM are you using?

04-30-09 07:21 PM

I downloaded and installed Eastasia version and have had no problems compared to the original ATT OS I had on the Bold.

With the ATT OS i started with just 21 mb of memory after a battery pull and often fell to 12 or below.

With this OS i start the day with 42 mb and never fall below 30.

However, I think I think I got slightly better battery life from the original ATT OS. I used to have 20% or more after 14-16 hours of normal use. Now I get down to 15% after about 12 hours.
    04-30-09 07:22 PM

Bbsnub, try uninstalling/reinstalling the OS file to Windows. What version of DM are you using?

Version 4.7
    04-30-09 07:28 PM

I am using Desktop Manager 4.7. And, actually I am just typing loader.exe to try and install .266. I am not using the DM software. Any ideas anyone?
    04-30-09 07:34 PM
    DM 4.7 has caused lots of people trouble with other upgrades. Generally 4.6 is recommended. I deleted all old OS's and used 4.6 and upgraded tonight and it was smooth as cream.
    04-30-09 07:51 PM
    Not a very good release in my opinion...upgraded from 247 to 266 and now find that weathereye doesnt work...says no city found...when London UK is one of the largest cities in the world lol...even putting in NYC dont help.
    Quicklaunch works but leaves those stupid silly arrows on the screen...if u press the bb button then they go away.

Im going back to 247 by the looks of it...everything worked perfectly fine on it.
    04-30-09 08:06 PM
    Just upgraded from .247. Got rid of the junk with CrackMem and then DM 5 for the rest. Seemed quicker than usual, with the backup option unchecked about 15 minutes all in all.

Still early days but memory after a few pulls is up to 51.8 vs 47.3 (both after idling for a few minutes), pictures on the memory card load up faster and after a pull it takes about a minute to get to the security check vs about 2-3 minutes on .247.

BUT...Did get an error ("uncaught exception error service in use" or something, thats all I remember) after the first two pulls but once I restored my backup and restarted it was no more! Figured it was probably one of the 13 apps installed which needed the restore for my custom settings.
    04-30-09 08:10 PM
    I lost permission to use BerryBuzz. I am being prompted to use the trial or pay for the full version. I have already purchased it but did not keep my validation number or whatever it's called. Not sure why this happened - all other apps up and running.

Might have to buy it again. Bit of a pain.
    04-30-09 08:17 PM
    weathereye doesnt work...says no city found...when London UK is one of the largest cities in the world lol...even putting in NYC dont help.
    Same here...a re install and a restart doesn't seem to help either.

UPDATE: Another restart later and it has now found London!!
    Last edited by Boldest Berry; 04-30-09 at 09:09 PM.
    04-30-09 08:48 PM
    has anyone had their blackberry battery overheat?
    I upgraded my bold os to .266 when it was beta and i realized my
    batter overheated while i was using the AT&T CV (cellular video) so i downgraded back to .167. Is it because of the os or the extensive use of the program?
    Last edited by rk1991; 04-30-09 at 09:20 PM.
    04-30-09 09:06 PM
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    Do I need to replace the deleted file with something else?
    04-30-09 10:10 PM
    I gave up. I went back to the OEM .167 and platform. Too much headache involved with unofficial/official releases for other carriers besides mine. I'm sure RIM looks at this forum, they would be crazy not too. Free beta testing at its finest. Hopefully they get it right soon.
    Last edited by BBsnub; 04-30-09 at 10:20 PM.
    04-30-09 10:14 PM
    CrucialXtreme...seriously, is there any need for me to replace the beta .266 build that I've been running for the last little while with no real issue (except memory leak) with this new "official" .266 release?

I mean...are there any real improvements that I would go to all the trouble for?
    04-30-09 10:16 PM
    Ok, So about having the .266 OS for about a full day. I didn't really notice a change in battery life big or small, my pics load up faster than .247 after the initial view which is slow but fast afterwards. My over all memory increased from about 53mb to about 57mb, fresh from battery pull of course and deleting the sample pics on the device and any apps and games I will never use. All in all not a bad first day.
    04-30-09 11:39 PM
    Can i use DM 4.6 to update this os onto my Bold instead of DM 4.7? Because I only have a pathetically slow gprs connection and lack the patience to download DM 4.7 which is around 80 mb. Please let me know, anyone!

04-30-09 11:53 PM
720 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD