Has any one noticed an increased number of dropped calls on the .266 build? I did notice the white screen since I first loaded this build. I tried running the new att build and the dropped calls seemed less but the system was slow and the app memory was almost always below 20 with 5 apps and only increased slightly after a battery pull. Any suggestions?
    No drop call fro me. Regarding the white screen; can u pls explain how did it happened? I have never experience that, maybe I didn't trigger it enough (no holster atm). Suggestions? Try to do the battery pull method and see whether it helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 05:01 AM
    I haven't noticed any problems at all. I've been running this os since Wed and so far so good. Memory seems to have increased, battery life seems to be the same, and seems to be staying on 3G and not dropping to EDGE more...
    06-19-09 09:00 AM
    I haven't noticed any problems at all. I've been running this os since Wed and so far so good. Memory seems to have increased, battery life seems to be the same, and seems to be staying on 3G and not dropping to EDGE more...
    Long time no see. Hope all is well.
    06-19-09 01:29 PM
    The one thing I really noticed about this build is that it jumps back and forth from 3g to edge more so than .247...hopefully, the new OS has better RF..
    06-19-09 03:35 PM
    So I have been using this OS for about a whole day and I must say that everything works much better than the official release that AT&T released. Memory is staying at a consistent 30mb-35mb rather than the 5.3 mb i was having before. I have yet to see the "white screen" after pulling it out of the holster. The themes are working great and the battery life is excellent.. So far an A+ in my book. Still testing out a few more things to make sure things are working out 100% normal. I am upset though that the new 4.6.0.282 OS just came out and will allow you to change your network for those with the AT&T Bold...
    Last edited by UknowChinchilla; 06-19-09 at 04:54 PM.
    06-19-09 04:42 PM
    I am upset though that the new 4.6.0.282 OS just came out and will allow you to change your network for those with the AT&T Bold...
    Just a quick correction. You can choose between 2G and 3G. It's nothing like manual network selection. Still great tho.
    06-20-09 04:25 AM
    I've upgraded with all the official releases and have never had this happen before.
    07-22-09 09:52 PM
    I just upgraded to .266 and everythin is working great! Memory has gon up and is stable but 1 thing I've noticed since upgradin is dat wen clicking menu button and clicking again it selects instead of minimizing! Is very annoying is there anyway to change this?
    07-22-09 10:09 PM
    Has anyone on 4.6.0.282 tried the one from Vodafone Egypt? The one from Rogers stinks on the media volume.
    I have a recent Bold from Vodafone Egypt ,and it works fine in everything ) except his small KB to my taste) .
    OS is v4.6.0.190 ( Platform 4.0.0.172)
    07-23-09 04:46 AM
    does this package contain vodafone branding?
    07-23-09 03:38 PM
    does this package contain vodafone branding?
    I am not sure what you mean .
    07-24-09 03:47 AM
    i've normally been use to nokia's and if the network provided the phone then the screen save and wallpaper contained logos of the network and some restrictions to the handset features (missing wifi etc) so all i want to know if i use this firmware will it i get vodafone themes etc?
    07-24-09 04:20 PM
    Vendor branding is stored on the phone itself. Installing an OS from a vendor other than your own will not rebrand your BlackBerry. You will have issues installing an OS from another vendor only if you neglect to remove the vendor.xml file from the OS build prior to install, and once it's installed, it may as well have come from your own carrier, as you'll be getting all of their service books anyway as soon as you connect to their network and register your device.

07-25-09 03:29 AM
    i've normally been use to nokia's and if the network provided the phone then the screen save and wallpaper contained logos of the network and some restrictions to the handset features (missing wifi etc) so all i want to know if i use this firmware will it i get vodafone themes etc?
    I bought the phone 3 months ago from Vodafone Egypt, the word Vodafone is on the body itself of the phone , so this will not be moved. However, they also have a red wall paper with thie logo, but this I have replaced easily. never used WiFi , although available. the plan I have is 90.00 LE/month for 10 MB. each extra MB is for 0.10 LE ( 1 LE for 10 MB) really cheap than the other 2 Provider here.
    This data plan include everthing ofcourse ( email,surfing,downloading,..) .
    They will remove the lock to their network if you tell them that you are travelling abroad.
    For Nokia , I do not think you will have your email pushed, so I heard , but you can make some types of Nokia, is checking your emails every certain amount of time. This is worse ofcourse than pushing.

I hope I told you what you want .
    By the way < are you going to live in Egypt, as I can see that now , your are not.
    07-25-09 06:35 AM
    no i'm in the uk and dont have plans to move.

i dont have no logo etched onto my phone i was just thinking of branded by software update and whats the worst that could happen if i updated by using a networks firmware,

my current firmware is V.6.0.247 (platform 4.0.0.206)
    07-25-09 10:21 AM
    no i'm in the uk and dont have plans to move.

i dont have no logo etched onto my phone i was just thinking of branded by software update and whats the worst that could happen if i updated by using a networks firmware,

my current firmware is V.6.0.247 (platform 4.0.0.206)
    If you have an unbranded phone and you put a vodafone OS on it then it wont put any vodafone themes etc nor will it put any sort of vodafone software on it.

Ive 282 from Rogers that im using on my Bold, which is unbranded as well and all i did was delete the vendor.xml file and everything worked perfectly well once my upgrade was done through DM...i have no rogers themes, wallpapers or software on my device.
    07-25-09 10:31 AM
    In Vista it's : C:\ProgramFiles(*86)/CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Apploader.

But the file is definitely there.
    I typed in that exactly like you have here, and I get an error message.
    07-25-09 02:04 PM
    If you have an unbranded phone and you put a vodafone OS on it then it wont put any vodafone themes etc nor will it put any sort of vodafone software on it.

Ive 282 from Rogers that im using on my Bold, which is unbranded as well and all i did was delete the vendor.xml file and everything worked perfectly well once my upgrade was done through DM...i have no rogers themes, wallpapers or software on my device.
    exactly what i was looking for. thanks for your help.

will placing another networks OS void the warranty?
    07-25-09 02:58 PM
    I found the vendor file and deleted it. The install went fine.

07-25-09 03:21 PM
    I'm downloading this one now.
    07-28-09 11:39 PM
720 ... 272829
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD