but urs is unlocked, do u think thats why?
    No as it was locked with .266 and i unlocked it days afterwards.
    05-28-09 07:28 PM
    So now even after doing a battery pull several times the static remains. I'm switching back to .247 something is wrong with this os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There is nothing worng with the OS i have been running it for weeks now without any issues and hundreds of people as well.

If your getting static then that is another issue not related to the OS, but just in case you got a buggy install.

I suggest you use crackmem v3.4 or newer if a newer one is out from a few weeks ago and make sure the vendor file is deleted in the OS, download the OS again make sure it is Vodafones version.

Once crackmem is open there is the option to check off delete vender.xml after checking that off, make sure the OS on the left is checked off and is .266 .. then hit the WIPE option and it wil wipe and install the OS all in one gathering.

Make sure to BACKUP what you want first and yoru third party apps as well, separately do the third party apps.
    05-28-09 07:33 PM
    There is nothing worng with the OS i have been running it for weeks now without any issues and hundreds of people as well.

If your getting static then that is another issue not related to the OS, but just in case you got a buggy install.

I suggest you use crackmem v3.4 or newer if a newer one is out from a few weeks ago and make sure the vendor file is deleted in the OS, download the OS again make sure it is Vodafones version.

Once crackmem is open there is the option to check off delete vender.xml after checking that off, make sure the OS on the left is checked off and is .266 .. then hit the WIPE option and it wil wipe and install the OS all in one gathering.

Make sure to BACKUP what you want first and yoru third party apps as well, separately do the third party apps.

Well I actually read earlier in the thread that a couple of people experienced a hiss with the speaker and problems with the volume, so I don't doubt that the os is messed up, the average person won't notice for a while because honestly who listens to music on their berry that much? ....... I think I'm one of the few. And now that I changed back to .247 it is all good. But I might consider going with what u said, thank you! And I don't mean to argue just stating a few points. And thanks for the reply

05-28-09 09:55 PM
    Hello all,
    i have problem with CallLogs on the 266.
    When I press "Dial" button i see list of calls but "Time column" missing, there are onlu Contact Name and Number. When I press BB button on the call there no DETAILS menu ...
    05-29-09 03:51 AM
    i downloaded the link and how come I'm still stuck on .167? Need some help please...
    05-29-09 06:39 PM
    I upgraded to this more than 1 month ago. everything was working really great. then without warning, i had 3 reboots in an hour. jus when i thought it was over, my calls started dropping and then my bold froze twice during a call.

sorry guys, but i had to go back to .247 which, to me, is alot more stable
    05-29-09 11:48 PM
    Azacel, log into your BIS acct and send the service books.
    I'm new to the site but I just updated yesterday and besides having it reset my phone to factory settings I also lost the bb browser and have media net twice with no option.My emails now also don't reconcile.How do I log into my BIS acct?Any help is appreciated as att has no clue other than they said all day Thursday they were getting calls.
    Last edited by mrmotosuwa; 05-30-09 at 03:01 AM.
    05-30-09 02:51 AM
    I'm doing pretty good on .266 but wanting to knock out some of the added games that were installed with this version. Beyond that generally everything works pretty well with a slight increase in memory noted (mid 30's).

05-30-09 12:27 PM
    just upgraded....took a while for me considering I'm too lazy to leave my beautiful Mac and go downstairs on my PC. I do have Windows on my Mac, but I hate it no matter where it is. I'm loving the OS so far because the App Memory increased drastically, it went from about 21 MB to 45 MB+, its great. I haven't tested out the battery seeing as I just downloaded it, but I know people have complained of battery life problems. Also, what is up with SO many new icon/apps in the downloads folder, is there anyway to delete them off of the device? I hid them all, but I assume they take up some space ha, there's about 7-8. Thanks in advance.
    05-30-09 03:01 PM
    trying to upgrade to.266 w/ desktop mgr. I keep getting a fatal error when I get to the "connecting to boot ROM" I am a newbee to BBs and os upgrades, PLEASE HELP !!!
    Last edited by TailorMade1; 05-30-09 at 09:45 PM.
    05-30-09 05:04 PM
    So far so good for me. A HUGE improvement over .126 that I had on my Rogers Bold. Excellent!
    05-31-09 01:03 AM
    First post
    First OS update upload!

Wish me luck!
    05-31-09 04:50 AM
    Update from yesterday....I picked up another 10MB by taking out all of the East Asian Language support items..I'm near 45MB now! Awesome running OS for sure even with a few applications I added after I switched from .167.

05-31-09 05:45 AM
    First post
    First OS update upload!

Wish me luck!
    Good luck as this is now my third post..you see the two above..!

05-31-09 05:48 AM
    LOL. I like 266, it's a good OS. I also liked 228 really stable as well... Hmmm... OS 5.0 anyone? heheheh
    05-31-09 06:20 AM
    What improvements come with OS 5.0?
    05-31-09 09:45 AM
    Thanks. About to go load it now.
    05-31-09 03:43 PM
    question:....is this upgrade for unlocked blackberry bolds only?.....and will this upgrade allow me to run blackberry appworld on my unit?......thanks
    05-31-09 04:20 PM
    no but u do have to remove the venndor file if your not with the company a quick search on here will tell you exactly how to upgrade to a new os
    05-31-09 04:28 PM
    battery life is great for mine after testing it all day, love the extra App Memory, runs so smooth now
    05-31-09 04:35 PM
    thanks.....but it will allow me to run appworld?....cause i have v4.6.0.162 (platform 4.0.0.155)...and appworld and vlingo isn't working
    05-31-09 04:51 PM
    App world and viigo are working fine with .266 on my Bold

05-31-09 05:27 PM
    k....thanx......well im downloading the upgrade now.....will see how it works when it's done, but one thing, i must delete the vendor xml icon even if im on a private server?
    05-31-09 05:34 PM
    I miss 5.0 however the battery life on this one has me hooked
    05-31-09 05:52 PM
    Uggg I dunno why but I updated to this version again & I can literally watch my battery bar drain..I had full bars an hour ago & now I've lost 2 already...

Where is the list of older OS versions...Seems the links have disappeared

Ok well went all the way back to .162 & nuthin seems to work..LOL guess I'll find one in the middle..i think .187 was fairly good on my battery I could go a week without charging it on one OS..Wish I could remember wich one lol
    Last edited by BlankBerry; 05-31-09 at 07:00 PM.
    05-31-09 06:16 PM
720 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD