First post here. Take it easy on me...
    So I upgraded my Bold to .266 with no problems & I can't complain. The only thing is that this OS came pre-installed with a lot of CRAP! I now have MobiTV, Get Mobile Banking, My-Cast Weather, WikiMobile, Make-UR-Tones, Music Videos & Visual VoiceMail....and none of these browser launchers work. Any way to remove these? Also, At&t's Cellular Video does not work since the update. Thanx
    05-24-09 03:09 PM
    I heard the East Asia version didnt have as many problems... is this true?
    05-24-09 05:09 PM
    I have the east asia version and haven't had any problems yet!

Is there a way to uninstall the visual voicemail? Because I use youmail with email mp3 attachments so I don't need it (:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 08:44 PM
    Hi, I updated to ver 266 but i have on issue, usually my blackberry messenger show everyone personal status message but when i upgraded to ver 266 they didnt show the message, i see on their contact info and the status message did not appear, it only shows the pin and nickname and the availability status
    05-24-09 09:58 PM
    I think I did something wrong. I downloaded the software file and went and deleted the vendor.xml . Now I dont see any Loader.exe and dont know how to install the update!
    05-25-09 12:27 AM
    Smooth as silk, very good OS, highly recommend.

^ If you don't see loader.exe you may have accidentally zapped it being that it should be in the same folder. Might need to reinstall your software.
    05-25-09 01:40 AM
    Just a note for BES users. I had to start my activiation and let it sit for a few minutes. When it doesn't look like there is any more network activity do a battery pull. When the phone fired back up it gave me the proper list of items to sync from the BES and gave me a proper progress indicator.
    05-25-09 02:46 AM
    Been having problems with MMS and Music Player. Everything else works fine.

05-25-09 08:04 AM
    Smooth as silk, very good OS, highly recommend.

^ If you don't see loader.exe you may have accidentally zapped it being that it should be in the same folder. Might need to reinstall your software.
    Do you mind telling me how to do that?
    05-25-09 08:12 AM
    I think I did something wrong. I downloaded the software file and went and deleted the vendor.xml . Now I dont see any Loader.exe and dont know how to install the update!
    What version of DM are you running???

05-25-09 08:33 AM
    v4.7
    05-25-09 11:30 AM
    v4.7
    Keep in mind others have had problems with their Bold's and DM 4.7.

I would suggest uninstall and reinstall your OS on your PC again, and also downgrade to DM 4.6.

05-25-09 12:47 PM
    Keep in mind others have had problems with their Bold's and DM 4.7.

I would suggest uninstall and reinstall your OS on your PC again, and also downgrade to DM 4.6.

How do i reinstall the OS? I deleted the "vendor" or whatever its called in apploader folder and then I looked for the loader.exe file and its not there. I was just following the directions to updating the software to 4.6.0.451
    05-25-09 05:02 PM
    How do i reinstall the OS? I deleted the "vendor" or whatever its called in apploader folder and then I looked for the loader.exe file and its not there. I was just following the directions to updating the software to 4.6.0.451
    Download .266 again or where it is on your download area ... install it again.... then go to the install folder and just delete the vendor.xml

I use crackmem v3.4 lastest as a few weeks ago.

Get it as it is the best by far APP i love it for OS installs, you can delete the vendor.xml with it and when you hit WIPE it will do that, plus install the OS after it does the WIPE.

And yes use 4.6 DM as 4.7 is buggy for some reason or another.
    05-25-09 08:35 PM
    Hey guys...know this is probably a stupid question, but the update with the Vodaphone UK, will it affect any of the original AT&T settings on my phone?
    Newb to updating OS, sorry...thanks for any help.
    05-25-09 09:10 PM
    Hi everyone,

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Optus (Australia) seems to have listed an official update for .266:

Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9000 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.451 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 4.6.0.451
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.6.0.266
    * Software Platform: 4.0.0.223
    * File name: 9000jEastAsia_PBr4.6.0_rel451_PL4.0.0.223_A4.6.0.2 66_Optus_Mobile_Pty_Limited.exe
    * File size: 97.55MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

For those who are interested.
    05-26-09 12:54 AM
    Hey guys...know this is probably a stupid question, but the update with the Vodaphone UK, will it affect any of the original AT&T settings on my phone?
    Newb to updating OS, sorry...thanks for any help.
    as long as you delete the vendor file, you will be fine. once its done loading the software, AT&T will push the service books back to your phone. do a backup first with DM and reload the backup file after its done to save yourself some time.
    05-26-09 12:59 AM
    as long as you delete the vendor file, you will be fine. once its done loading the software, AT&T will push the service books back to your phone. do a backup first with DM and reload the backup file after its done to save yourself some time.
    Thanks...I will give it a shot
    05-26-09 05:28 AM
    Has anyone noticed major memory leaks with the bold on .266 weird I was at 18mb free memory with just a battery pull back to 40.1mb

05-26-09 05:44 AM
    Has anyone noticed major memory leaks with the bold on .266 weird I was at 18mb free memory with just a battery pull back to 40.1mb

Make sure you are closing your Apps correctly
    05-26-09 05:46 AM
    Download .266 again or where it is on your download area ... install it again.... then go to the install folder and just delete the vendor.xml

I use crackmem v3.4 lastest as a few weeks ago.

Get it as it is the best by far APP i love it for OS installs, you can delete the vendor.xml with it and when you hit WIPE it will do that, plus install the OS after it does the WIPE.

And yes use 4.6 DM as 4.7 is buggy for some reason or another.
    what is the different b/w below

Desktop Manager 4.6.0 B23 Multilanguage - Without Media Manager

Desktop Manager 4.6.0 B23 Multilanguage - With Media Manager
    05-26-09 08:14 AM
    what is the different b/w below

Desktop Manager 4.6.0 B23 Multilanguage - Without Media Manager

Desktop Manager 4.6.0 B23 Multilanguage - With Media Manager
    One has the roxio media manager designed for Blackberry and one doesn't.

If you are not going to add pictures or any other type of media via your PC then use the one with out media manager
    05-26-09 11:10 AM
    i updated the softwear and now is running smooth. No more hiccups plus i got my mms working again
    05-26-09 12:16 PM
    After doing all the required steps and installing the os I go to options and I see that its .167 any idea why?

05-26-09 12:42 PM
    This is very frustrating. Not sure why but all blackberry.com software downloads continually time out. Last few times it took multiple downloads to get the complete file. Blackberry.com seems to be up and down today as well.
    05-26-09 12:52 PM
720 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD