i'm currently running .167 and havent yet updated my bold because of lack of PC access. ( i own a mac)
    When i do get access to one how do i delete the old OS after installing the new OS?
    05-17-09 01:31 PM
    Well i just loaded up this OS on my blackberry bold (I AM ON ROGERS) and i backed up my third party software PROPERLY.

This OS so far once installed showed me 55mb of memory and that is with most of my third party apps installed.

Original OS was the 4.6.00.162 and with all apps installed it only gave me around 36-40MB memory.

So far all my apps Third Party Apps are working.

amAzeGps
    Anagram
    AppStoreLib
    bbcalls
    BBTran
    callsblacker
    CaptureIt
    FXConvertor
    GoogleMaps
    maxmem
    memoryup
    MHAppStore
    monopoly_classic
    peekaboo
    QuickPull
    Shazam460
    shrinkit
    SMSwithLocation
    speedtest
    TwitterBerry
    vlingoForBlackBerry
    WeatherEye
    YellowPagesBlackBerry

The only thing i don't see any more is the BBMAPS, i don;t care as google maps is good and amazegps is good for finding me and so is SMSwithlocation.

The best thing to finding where i am is to look out the window of my vehicle...

How to installed and backup your third party apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

And here is the page i read on how to do an upgrade for the OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/pro...ocedure-53359/

Now the thing is crackmem v3.4 can wipe your unit and at the sametime it updated the new os as it was the only one there in the list after you removed all older OS'es from your PC.

So in that page that is for loading the OS a few steps are redundent.

Basically all you need to do is load crackmem when your reading to load the OS and wipe the unit which will update it with the new OS, then after that is all done and the unit boots backup ... use crackmem to optimize what you wnat removed. Then it will rebot again loading the OS again and you should be fine.

Well i did just that and still i think RIM locks the default wallpaper and music and pictures so they do not get removed and same as flicker and myspace and facebook... all these also stay.

So do as you wish, but make sure to BACKUP your third party APPS properly.

The other thing is all my bookmarks are gone and my contacts, OPPS i guess i should fo wrote them down... LOL

Oh well i know all numbers and most websites i had in there.

Also you will need to resetup your settings if your running the firewall and so forth, plus resetup your emails in order to make them peoperly work again. Also if your using MSN messager MOBILE notification service, this will need to be setup again.

To me this is no big deal as it is all fast to do.

The OS and backup and reinstall of third party apps was quick as most apps kept there keys and such and loaded as if they were like before.

Anyhoo thats my input and so far i the newer OS.

as for battery Power it appears to be the same.

As for speed it is a little faster/responsive over the older default OS.

Edit:

I managed to get my contacts and bookmarks and sms messages back including a few other things i wanted from a previous OVERALL backup from May 14th 2009.

I did lose some contacts since then and browser bookmarks, but no biggie.

I suggest all to do a FULL BACKUP before doing any OS install, then do the third party apps only and read about how to do that properly.
    Last edited by xamdam; 05-17-09 at 05:08 PM.
    05-17-09 02:50 PM
    does this new os support chinese?
    05-17-09 03:53 PM
    does this new os support chinese?
    It is a Multi-Language version so i would suspect it should, but not 100% know.

Here is where i got the release, which is the link in the OP's post.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F

Choose your device.
    05-17-09 05:06 PM
    A couple questions.... Shazam, how or where do you set the settings to get it to work? Next question,
    Is SMSwithLocation a paid app or free?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 05:10 PM
    A couple questions.... Shazam, how or where do you set the settings to get it to work? Next question,
    Is SMSwithLocation a paid app or free?

Shazam

Go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications

Then scrool to Shazam and Left click on it, choose edit permissions, then expand the Interactions, then choose ALLOW for recording.

Then collapse the Interactions again and close.

Then setup Shazam from the Icon.

-------------

As for SMSwithlocation it is a FREE program and i love it, great for sending your GPS and address location along with a map to whomever can recieve SMS.

Or like im my case i copy the info and send it as a MSN mesenger to those who don't have a phone, but have MSN.

Here is a link to their website (below) I am running Version 0.993 the lastest as of last week...

Wizi / iPhone
    05-17-09 05:28 PM
    Okay so right now I have .210 and before I upgrade I want to know when I do a full back up before I upgrade does it automatically save up the previous os and what not?
    05-17-09 09:39 PM
    Shazam

Go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications

Then scrool to Shazam and Left click on it, choose edit permissions, then expand the Interactions, then choose ALLOW for recording.

Then collapse the Interactions again and close.

Then setup Shazam from the Icon.

-------------

As for SMSwithlocation it is a FREE program and i love it, great for sending your GPS and address location along with a map to whomever can recieve SMS.

Or like im my case i copy the info and send it as a MSN mesenger to those who don't have a phone, but have MSN.

Here is a link to their website (below) I am running Version 0.993 the lastest as of last week...

Wizi / iPhone
    Is FXconverter for creating ringtones? Is that a free app or paid?

05-17-09 09:43 PM
    This upgrade is completely draining my battery life. What do I do?!?!
    05-18-09 09:54 AM
    Frequent charges. Keep a wall/car charger on hand. That's what I do.

05-18-09 09:59 AM
    Well that just seems silly. I can't sit by a charger all day. My poor bb was working just fine when I took it out of the box from AT&T and I had to read this thread and get all intrigued by more memory and now I can't keep the thing charged well. And I'm scared to do anything else to it. Would anyone guide me o how to go back to the state it was in when I took it out of the box? I've got this Visual Voicemail icon now that does NOTHING and Tetris and all kinds of other crap that just does nothing. I just want it back to how it was out of the box. Can someone please send me in the right direction? I've been googling and see that I can wipe it with JL Cmder would anyone recommend that?
    05-18-09 10:32 AM
    Not to be rude, but if you read this thread, or did just a little more reasearch, you could have removed the visual voice mail and the other games and anything else you didn't want BEFORE you did the upgread using crackmem. My battery like did go down, but its still useable. And I'll take that with the much improved memory mangement any day. I guess it depends on your lifestyle, I'm in the office all day and after hours I'm driving around so I always have my phone charging.

05-18-09 11:07 AM
    This upgrade is completely draining my battery life. What do I do?!?!
    Have you performed a battery pull after completing the upgrade process? I have generally found the battery to quickly deplete after an upgrade if I don't do a battery pull.
    05-18-09 11:11 AM
    05-18-09 11:22 AM
    Okay so right now I have .210 and before I upgrade I want to know when I do a full back up before I upgrade does it automatically save up the previous os and what not?
    Full backup is recommended so it saves OS and all your contacts and messages and sms messages and so forth.

The thing is if you lose that inof its GONE for good, so do a full backup to once the new OS is installed you can retrieve your contacts and so forth via the bb manager by using the restore advanced option.

Also you will need to do a Third Party Backup as the FULL backUP does not include third party apps.

So do a full and then do the third party app backup, MAKE sure to do it PROPERLY or you will lose it all.

Again once new OS is installed then you can us BB manager LOAD APP and load your third party apps back.
    05-18-09 01:52 PM
    Is FXconverter for creating ringtones? Is that a free app or paid?

No FXconvertor is a currency convertor.
    05-18-09 01:53 PM
    I upgraded to .266 this morning with no problem. However, I noticed when I select memory under Options, I see "Device Memory cannot be read. Verify that the device memory is formatted."

What does this mean? My Bold seems to be working fine. I can play music on my memory card also.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    05-18-09 02:16 PM
    Ok it happened to me as well when i used RIMS MML UNLOCKER program.

You will need this file.

Run the BB file and put your password in thats if you have one for your device and when its done, it will recognize your media card again on the PC.

Your device will be rebooting after you hit continue.

I have a bold 9000 and this fixed my issue.

Here is link to file.

PinStack.com

You may have to register to that site, takes like 2 min to be done.

To read more about this...

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack.com
    05-18-09 04:41 PM
    I updated to .266 last night on my AT&T Bold (which is on BES). After completing the update, I have no web browser, and not receiving any BES connectivity (no Exchange email, calendar, tasks, etc). I am still receiving Gmail, Hotmail etc. I emailed my help desk today to ask them to resend Service Books, which they did twice, but it's still not working.

Some notes: Enterprise Activation now is empty, where befor teh update it was populated. MDS Activation is not activated, and I beleive it was before the update.

NOTE: When I was on BIS, I'd update leaked OS's all the time without issue. I'm new to BES, and don't want to get myself into trouble at work having bricked my Bold.
    05-18-09 07:27 PM
    hey guys,
    Quick question, im still running OS v4.6.0.167, can I upgrade straight from that to OS .451? Or do I need to follow in succession of the upgrades? Thanks in advance!
    05-18-09 07:39 PM
    hey guys,
    Quick question, im still running OS v4.6.0.167, can I upgrade straight from that to OS .451? Or do I need to follow in succession of the upgrades? Thanks in advance!
    You can go direct.
    05-18-09 07:59 PM
    i just got a bold unlocked for t-mobile, and im wonderin if i upgrade the os will that mess the phone up?
    05-18-09 10:34 PM
    Nice , I got another 6m free memery after upgrading.

Did anybody find any different else?

Suggest to give a list for all of bolder.

Thanks.
    05-19-09 04:01 AM
    hey guys,
    Yes you can, but do do a BACKUP of your third party apps (Do it Properly) and also a full backup too as both are needed prior to doing any OS upgrade, reason is well if you read all my posts in here, which is only about 5-6 you will see why it is required, otherwise you will lose your data for good cause the new OS will wipe everything out.

Any questions please ask away.

i just got a bold unlocked for t-mobile, and im wonderin if i upgrade the os will that mess the phone up?
    I would state that any upgraded OS can do just that, but if you backup everything and also do a third party app backup (Do it Properly) you will always have something to go back on.

Nice , I got another 6m free memery after upgrading.

Did anybody find any different else?

Suggest to give a list for all of bolder.

Thanks.
    Yeah i got 10mb more free after initial bootup and wity my third party apps installed... WOOT.

Now with it fully loaded i mean i added more programs then ever, on bootup i am around 33-40, but with MORE apps now.... WOOT
    Last edited by xamdam; 05-19-09 at 07:27 AM.
    05-19-09 07:23 AM
    I updated to .266 last night on my AT&T Bold (which is on BES). After completing the update, I have no web browser, and not receiving any BES connectivity (no Exchange email, calendar, tasks, etc). I am still receiving Gmail, Hotmail etc. I emailed my help desk today to ask them to resend Service Books, which they did twice, but it's still not working.

Some notes: Enterprise Activation now is empty, where befor teh update it was populated. MDS Activation is not activated, and I beleive it was before the update.

NOTE: When I was on BIS, I'd update leaked OS's all the time without issue. I'm new to BES, and don't want to get myself into trouble at work having bricked my Bold.
    You may have to reactivate your work places login info and reactivate MDS.

If MDS is not in the phone at all, you must of deleted it and it can be restored Separately from a backup or reinstalled separately.

If you have any FULL BACKUP prior to this, then open BB manager and chose restore Advanced Tab and then open up that backup file show it shows on the left side of the screen. Then look for MDS and enterprise info there to see if you can restore JUST that info.

If not then ask your work place for all the info again.

Also if you cna't restore, then go to APP loader in BB manager and add programs and see if MDS is in there to add.
    05-19-09 07:27 AM
720 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD