PLEASE! SOME ONE! POST ON RAPIDSHARE! or somewhere else! i try and try and try to donwload it from blackberry home, but it stops always on 50% PLEASE!
    Uhhhh Page 25 in this thread...Only posted about 20 times
    05-14-09 10:04 AM
    UK version KILLED my battery...if the battery drains completely can it be recovered????

I was able to wipe it clean but know since the battery is dead and the wall charger nor the pc usb will charge it, only my car charger charged it, will I be able to put the OS back on?

I'm so pissed right now!!!
    05-14-09 10:20 AM
    New Bold user here. I picked up my first BB last week and have been tinkering non stop since.

Been running beta .266 for the past 3 days, and I must say its a massive improvement over the stock .162 that comes loaded with Rogers. Battery life is improved drastically (althought I don't have experience with other versions). Phone seems to run a bit faster and mem stays hovering around 45mb, whereas, on .162 I'd drop all the way down to 20 - 25mb midway through the day. Beta .266 has been good to me, its been running smooth and fast.
    05-14-09 10:24 AM
    UK version KILLED my battery...if the battery drains completely can it be recovered????

I was able to wipe it clean but know since the battery is dead and the wall charger nor the pc usb will charge it, only my car charger charged it, will I be able to put the OS back on?

I'm so pissed right now!!!
    This happened to mine once when I left the bb plugged into my pc over night with pc off...Drained battery completely dead pc wouldnt charge it wall charger wouldnt charge it So I jumped in the truck to head to rodgers store plugged it into car charger by the time I got there it was fully charged & worked perfect..lol Yes you'll be able to upgrade still nothing wrong with the phone just charge it completely with car charger 1st
    05-14-09 10:35 AM
    This happened to mine once when I left the bb plugged into my pc over night with pc off...Drained battery completely dead pc wouldnt charge it wall charger wouldnt charge it So I jumped in the truck to head to rodgers store plugged it into car charger by the time I got there it was fully charged & worked perfect..lol Yes you'll be able to upgrade still nothing wrong with the phone just charge it completely with car charger 1st
    I don't recall leaving it plugged up for a long period of time...I noticed with the upgrade that my phone was getting hot while charging and was acting funny..I really do think it's the OS since others are experiencing the same thing with this OS.

Did you have any more problems with your battery?
    05-14-09 10:38 AM
    Nope battery is fine if your havin problems just downgrade to wichever OS you feel is the most stable
    Im currently re-installing 247 after completely wipeing the BOLD (wich Ive never done before) EEK!!!
    266 gave me a fatal error while installing & only installed 1/2 the OS
    Last edited by BlankBerry; 05-14-09 at 10:59 AM.
    05-14-09 10:54 AM
    Nope battery is fine if your havin problems just downgrade to wichever OS you feel is the most stable
    Im currently re-installing 247 after completely wipeing the BOLD (wich Ive never done before) EEK!!!
    266 gave me a fatal error while installing & only installed 1/2 the OS
    now it won't even charge in the car...going to warranty center to get new battery

UPDATE: IT'S ALIVE!!!!! New battery installed east-asia .266........now lets see if the battery goes down.....

UPDATE: Well new battery, looks like same result. I'm downgrading to the new AT&T OS and see if that works...if same result then I know it's the USB port that is the problem..
    Last edited by SuperTone; 05-15-09 at 08:17 AM.
    05-14-09 12:21 PM
    Hello guys!, i just instaled .266 os to my bold, but now i have a problem with the BlackBerry Browser, it doesnt star the blackberry mobile home, is like both icons on my bold start the wap browser, i try to cofigure it on the rbowser options on my bold but nothing i try so far seems to work, please, i'll apreciate some help, thanks...
    05-14-09 02:53 PM
    Azacel, log into your BIS acct and send the service books.
    05-14-09 11:38 PM
    hi friends. i live in iran and i just bought this pretty cellphone yesterday from a seller that import blackberry phones from noth american. my bold is from AT&T and unlocked with a special code that career gave to the first seller. my os version is 4.6.0.167 too and i want to know that can i update with this version that you give the link here?
    i mean if i update to this version is there any chace that my phone locked again?
    thanks and sorry for my poor english
    no one want's to answer me?!
    05-15-09 03:28 AM
    I think once it's unlocked u should be fine..
    05-15-09 08:20 AM
    No, an update will not lock your phone. Make sure to delete vendor file. You'll be fine.
    05-15-09 10:04 AM
    I have a officially unlocked Bold

i did all the things in the beginners list but cant upgrade it.

using vista

and DM 4.6

Basic Procedure (Beginners)
    Backup Phone in DesktopManager.
    Unplug phone and close DM.
    Install new OS .exe file.
    Plug phone back into PC and let drivers install.
    Launch DM and proceed with update of OS.
    Make sure you pick Backup Data and Apps (including Messages) during the backup!!!
    DO NOT under any circumstance unplug the phone or use the PC while the update is in progress. Do not let screen saver kick in either.
    Unplug and use phone ONLY once the upgrade procedure states that it's finished by the DM update software on the screen.
    05-15-09 10:41 AM
    I have a officially unlocked Bold

i did all the things in the beginners list but cant upgrade it.

using vista

and DM 4.6

Basic Procedure (Beginners)
    Backup Phone in DesktopManager.
    Unplug phone and close DM.
    Install new OS .exe file.
    Plug phone back into PC and let drivers install.
    Launch DM and proceed with update of OS.
    Make sure you pick Backup Data and Apps (including Messages) during the backup!!!
    DO NOT under any circumstance unplug the phone or use the PC while the update is in progress. Do not let screen saver kick in either.
    Unplug and use phone ONLY once the upgrade procedure states that it's finished by the DM update software on the screen.
    Have you deleted the vendor.xml file?
    05-15-09 10:55 AM
    I upgraded from .247 to this one today. Right after the upgrade, I had no data connection. Calls go through fine, but no data. Suddenly data started working for a while, then stopped again. It has been sporadic. I resent the service books, reregistered, restarted the phone. Unless the upgrade somehow went bad, I don't understand what the deal is. .247 was working fine.

I'm going to give it a little more time, but I may have to downgrade.

I installed it last night and my BIS connection wasn't worknig. It's weird because I could browse the internet on my phone normally but 3rd party apps such as Google Maps and Viigo wouldn't work.

I did some searching and resent my service book and now data connection is good
    05-15-09 11:02 AM
    thanks for you help.
    is there any problem with this new update le someothers said about battery draining and overheating the handset?
    i don't have any of this problems right now, is there any chance that if i update my bold this problem come to my lovely berry?!
    05-15-09 11:51 AM
    Just updated to .266 and it works great! Battery life is now Amazing. I couldn't get 12 hours with .167 and my Bluetooth on and now its been on at least 24 and i am at approx 50% batt which is insane! I didn't find any memory leakage or anything else to complain about. It's been great so far!
    05-15-09 01:25 PM
    anyone having troubles downloading the file today goes to 26% then server error
    05-15-09 11:39 PM
    anyone having troubles downloading the file today goes to 26% then server error
    Download off rapidshare. Links are on the thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 12:06 AM
    Download off rapidshare. Links are on the thread

One more time, why not?

.266 BETA DOWNLOAD LINKS - all found on the Beta release thread below:

Beta .266 thread.

1st - Megaupload.

Mirror 1 - Rapidshare.

Mirror 2 - Rapidshare.

Mirror 3 - Hotfile.

Mirror 4 - Depositfiles.

05-16-09 01:13 AM
    one quetion guys, i install opera mini on my bb every time i try to download somthing, bb explorer pops up and say that browsert need wi-fi connetion.
    i buy elecite inspired theme and when i get the download, according to instruction email that elecite sent to me i should download the theme from my bb, not on my pc.
    how can i download this theme without browser poping up. i mean is there any way to download the file with opera mini?
    thank u guys for you helping.
    05-16-09 11:33 AM
    I used the O2-UK OS for my Bold, works well as compared to my previous OS. Application memory around 35MB, better than before but no where near others 50MB free. Although I'm having problem re-installing my backed up 3rd party apps.
    Last edited by SammyUK; 05-16-09 at 12:26 PM.
    05-16-09 12:23 PM
    I'm having trouble loading this os. I install the file on my computer, then i delete the vendor file, then i plug in my bb and then double click the loader file. After I click next and all that it tells me that there is no device software in desktop manager for the device I have connected. Ive installed new o/s's before and never had this issue. Help please.
    05-16-09 02:11 PM
    I don't understand. Why are some getting better memory stability than others.

After a battery pull, I have 100 mbs free. After half an hour of twitter, bloomburg, mccleans, its down to 0.

Do I need to do something different to stablize the memory?

05-16-09 03:06 PM
    Dag nabit! I haven't been able to update to .266. I dont know why.i've tried a ton of thing but I'm stuck at .247. grrrrr!
    05-17-09 12:43 AM
720 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD