application loader error

You cannot update your software using this system as you device is currently activated on Blackberry enterprise server or Blackberry professional software. Please contact your administrator for updates, or check for updates from your carrier service provider:

What the heck does that mean?
    BES is corp software. You are probably a BIS user.

I would try wiping your device with crackmem or JLCommander and try loading your .266 OS again.

Also, DM 4.7 has caused others major problems on 9000's. I would suggest reinstalling 4.6 or upgrade to 5.0 instead.

Also, are you logged in as an Administrator?
    Last edited by synwars; 05-12-09 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Rewording
    05-12-09 12:02 PM
    I am not an administrator. I will try the above recomendations.

thank you.
    05-12-09 12:19 PM
    Hi all!!
    OK, so i'm waiting for my BB Bold in the mail. (shld b here 2ml or so).
    Its also my 1st BB.
    Do u suggest me upgrading my OS immediately? Or should I play ard w what it comes w b4 doing it?
    Also, wad wld da process of upgrading my OS be? Do I need to do a back up n stuff?
    Sorri for the stupid questions, but i'm new, so do forgive me!
    05-12-09 12:22 PM
    I am not an administrator. I will try the above recomendations.

thank you.
    I'm pretty sure you need to be logged on as an Administrator.
    05-12-09 12:30 PM
    Hi all!!
    Its also my 1st BB.
    Do u suggest me upgrading my OS immediately? Or should I play ard w what it comes w b4 doing it?
    Also, wad wld da process of upgrading my OS be? Do I need to do a back up n stuff?
    Welcome to CB YummyBerry, and congrats on your new Bold.

I personally would suggest you get to know your phone first before attempting an OS upgrade. These days, Bolds are shipped with the appropriate software in them to run at a satisfactory level to match the network it is branded for. Get to know your phone, then make love to it later.

Check out the BB 101 Lecture articles also, read them one by one, these will speed up the process for learning all about BB's.

BLACKBERRY 101 LECTURE ARTICLES
    05-12-09 12:36 PM
    Hi all!!
    Its also my 1st BB.
    Once you're comfortable with your phone, you should look into a spell checker. Usually there are pretty good free add ons for Mozilla Firefox.
    05-12-09 01:14 PM
    well, looks like the battery life on this OS is worst than .247.. battery doesn't even last a day....I wiped the phone re-installed .266 and the battery still drains quicker than on .247. I'm going to let it drain down real low then recharge and see how it responds...if battery still suck, I will be downgrading
    05-12-09 02:17 PM
    well, looks like the battery life on this OS is worst than .247.. battery doesn't even last a day....I wiped the phone re-installed .266 and the battery still drains quicker than on .247. I'm going to let it drain down real low then recharge and see how it responds...if battery still suck, I will be downgrading
    Sorry to hear that. I found .247 to be the worst, and .237/.266 to be the best for both memory and battery usage. I honestly believe that it depends a lot on what apps are installed on the device.

Don't forget to pull the battery for more than 30 seconds after an OS is loaded...
    05-12-09 02:53 PM
    Question, is there any reason doing this upgrade would have erased all my contacts, emails, texts, etc? I've upgraded with all the official releases and have never had this happen before. I restored it all from desktop manager so all is now well and good on the new OS, but i was just wondering why this happened...thanks for any and all help!
    05-12-09 03:08 PM
    Question, is there any reason doing this upgrade would have erased all my contacts, emails, texts, etc? I've upgraded with all the official releases and have never had this happen before. I restored it all from desktop manager so all is now well and good on the new OS, but i was just wondering why this happened...thanks for any and all help!
    Nope, as long as you did a backup prior to the install or clicked ok for the backup at install. After the OS is loaded, do a restart then connect to Dm and restore the back up, all items should be replaced. The reason you do this manually is because sometimes the loader does not auto restore your backup.
    05-12-09 03:37 PM
    Sorry to hear that. I found .247 to be the worst, and .237/.266 to be the best for both memory and battery usage. I honestly believe that it depends a lot on what apps are installed on the device.

Don't forget to pull the battery for more than 30 seconds after an OS is loaded...
    I always do a battery pull after the upgrade, and my battery life has gotten better each time I've upgraded until this OS. It also seems like my USB port maybe having some connection problems
    05-12-09 03:43 PM
    Nope, as long as you did a backup prior to the install or clicked ok for the backup at install. After the OS is loaded, do a restart then connect to Dm and restore the back up, all items should be replaced. The reason you do this manually is because sometimes the loader does not auto restore your backup.

I figured it was something along these lines, it's just never happened before, haha. Thanks for your answer!
    05-12-09 04:20 PM
    synwars,

Thanks for your help. After some research I realised debranding was a different thing all together. I now have a debranded blackberry bold on the newest firmware .
    05-12-09 04:43 PM
    the blackberry.com servers wont let me fully download the file, it keeps stopping. does anyone have an alternate download link?
    05-12-09 05:19 PM
    synwars,

Thanks for your help. After some research I realised debranding was a different thing all together. I now have a debranded blackberry bold on the newest firmware .
    Good stuff. Glad to help. Enjoy your newly debranded phone!

It opens up lots of cool options to mess around with, especially in the E-screens. However, don't do it unless you do some research first! And always document any changes so you can revert back to default in case there is an error.

Cheers!
    05-12-09 05:22 PM
    the blackberry.com servers wont let me fully download the file, it keeps stopping. does anyone have an alternate download link?
    Uh oh. Someone didn't read through all 9 pages of 300 posts to find an answer!!!

Just kidding. There are alternate mirrors to download from, and two different versions to download.

FYI:

There is no difference between a beta and the Official Release except the Vendor.xml file on a beta is empty versus full on the carrier release. Other than that they are the exact same.
    Beta's are found here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/new...ml#post2513772

Vodaphone Official mirror here:

Mirror - Rapidshare

Cheers!
    05-12-09 05:30 PM
    is the 5.0 OS stable?
    05-12-09 05:30 PM
    is the 5.0 OS stable?
    Wrong thread, you can find that info out here:

5.0.0.93 BETA 9000 Findings Thread

9 pages of pure results and findings!!! Good luck!

05-12-09 05:37 PM
    I just installed the vodafone 4.6.0.266 no problems at all. went from getting 20-30mb free to after upgrading and mem optimizing I am getting 45mb+ free LOL. everything is functional the only issue I may see is the calender....alot of entries didnt save but some did. But thats ok if theres any issues I should look for PIN me and let me know.

JV
    05-12-09 09:14 PM
    After too many problems with the 8900 i switched to the Bold, much better quality phone imo. I just wanted to know what is the most stable beta for the bold that is available? Thanks.
    05-12-09 09:35 PM
    I think that You couldn`t do you did.

My upgrade to 266 work fine.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Huh??? Phone wrks fine like I said but I was just wondering what would happen if I didn't delete that vendor file. And yes it was my first OS upgrade. Indepth it was and upgrade after getting the 507 prompt due to a friend locking me phone and not remembering the code which in turn wiped the phone...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 12:00 AM
    I actually downgraded to .247 tonight. Had hourglass too much on .266 version. Was on .247 before and that's my favorite so far.
    05-13-09 12:21 AM
    I actually downgraded to .247 tonight. Had hourglass too much on .266 version. Was on .247 before and that's my favorite so far.

I had the same problems...hour glass would just pop up so i had to downgrade i thought i was the only one with this problem..
    05-13-09 12:29 AM
    Where can I find .247? I am thinking about going back to the AT&T .167 until they officially update.
    Last edited by ptb6744; 05-13-09 at 12:37 AM.
    05-13-09 12:33 AM
    What would be the best official OS to update to?
    05-13-09 12:42 AM
720 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD