Just started using the BB browser, and noticed it is a lot faster now. Been using Opera Mini for quite some time, but I'm definitely glad I don't have to wait forever and look at the hour glass.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 11:32 AM
    How come i cant download the os. It downloaded halfway then it stop and my firefox closed by its self.
    05-07-09 11:46 AM
    I upgraded to this release 266 on AT&T from the 167 and this now drains my battery in a matter of a couple hours without doing anything with the phone. On the prior version, if I let the phone sit idle it would stay powered for approx a couple days.
    05-07-09 12:19 PM
    I upgraded to this release 266 on AT&T from the 167 and this now drains my battery in a matter of a couple hours without doing anything with the phone. On the prior version, if I let the phone sit idle it would stay powered for approx a couple days.
    That's not right, did you do a hard reset - battery pull?

Try that if it doesn't fix it I would reload the OS. I had that trouble before I think on .237, didn't load properly, so I reloaded and it stopped.
    05-07-09 01:59 PM
    So far I'm really liking the battery life with this OS
    05-07-09 02:01 PM
    Weird thing that some hate this OS for batt.life, whilst other love this same OS for it's batt.life...
    That would make me guess that any batt. issues are not caused by the OS, but by some something else?
    05-07-09 03:13 PM
    Weird thing that some hate this OS for batt.life, whilst other love this same OS for it's batt.life...
    That would make me guess that any batt. issues are not caused by the OS, but by some something else?
    definitely agree it will vary with usage patterns throughout the day, your current settings and amount of apps you have running in the background. Which no 2 people we have the same results.
    05-07-09 03:24 PM
    Can anyone tell me if this release has arabic and russian language in it?
    05-07-09 03:37 PM
    I have an unlocked blackberry bold with T-Mobile UK O.S 4.6.0.216.

Because I have a vodafone sim card in there right now, I have downloaded the newest available vodafone UK O.S. Is there anything I need to do in particular to the phone before I update it via desktop manager?

Thank you
    05-07-09 03:56 PM
    I have an unlocked blackberry bold with T-Mobile UK O.S 4.6.0.216.

Because I have a vodafone sim card in there right now, I have downloaded the newest available vodafone UK O.S. Is there anything I need to do in particular to the phone before I update it via desktop manager?

Thank you
    I would still delete the vendor file for the sake of safety. It would suck to go to all that trouble just to fine out that you needed to delete the vendor file.

05-07-09 04:01 PM
    I've seen this question asked twice in the thread now, but no answers:

Do you need to do something about visual voicemail when you update if you're on ATT? TIA!
    05-07-09 04:12 PM
    I would still delete the vendor file for the sake of safety. It would suck to go to all that trouble just to fine out that you needed to delete the vendor file.

Thanks.

I'm about to make a full backup and will restore it once the new firmware is on there.
    05-07-09 04:29 PM
    Guys, my telco has not release .266 yet
    Am wondering whether will the new os caused any prob if I download it

05-07-09 04:35 PM
    Guys, my telco has not release .266 yet
    Am wondering whether will the new os caused any prob if I download it

Not if you delete the vendor.xml file first before uploading to your device.
    05-07-09 04:39 PM
    Not if you delete the vendor.xml file first before uploading to your device.
    thanks for the quick reply, buddy

05-07-09 04:48 PM
    synwars do I do the O.S update via add/remove applications or update software?

I did it via add/remove apps first but the o.s is still T-mobile (old version).. I'm trying it the other way, desktop manager can see the update and lets me choose it but then tells me no need to update?
    05-07-09 05:26 PM
    synwars do I do the O.S update via add/remove applications or update software?

I did it via add/remove apps first but the o.s is still T-mobile (old version).. I'm trying it the other way, desktop manager can see the update and lets me choose it but then tells me no need to update?
    Remove all OS first by add/remove programs. Go into DM and do backups, and 3rd party app backups, then close DM. Then install the .266 software to PC, delete the vendor file, plug your berry in, then double click loader.exe to upload the OS to the device. Don't use DM to do the install, just the loader.exe which is found in the same folder as vendor.xml.

05-07-09 05:33 PM
    That's not right, did you do a hard reset - battery pull?

Try that if it doesn't fix it I would reload the OS. I had that trouble before I think on .237, didn't load properly, so I reloaded and it stopped.
    I did remove the battery several times. I moved down a version and will see how that goes for a while.
    05-07-09 05:55 PM
    Remove all OS first by add/remove programs. Go into DM and do backups, and 3rd party app backups, then close DM. Then install the .266 software to PC, delete the vendor file, plug your berry in, then double click loader.exe to upload the OS to the device. Don't use DM to do the install, just the loader.exe which is found in the same folder as vendor.xml.

I managed to update the way you said. The O.S version is updated however the phone is still T-mobile branded. Is this because I never removed the O.S completely?

Thanks once again
    05-07-09 06:03 PM
    I managed to update the way you said. The O.S version is updated however the phone is still T-mobile branded. Is this because I never removed the O.S completely?

Thanks once again
    The upgrade will not remove the branding on your phone.
    05-07-09 07:21 PM
    Just wondering has anyone else experienced a little memory loss with this os. Although i tend to start off with more memory (47-48mb) than i did with .167 (25) i tend to drop to around (45) within an hour and after a couple of hours to (39-40). Do you think I should reinstall the os or is this normal?
    05-07-09 09:22 PM
    ok this upgrade jus didnt work for me at all i was running .216 and i tried to do the upgrade and it didnt upgrade but now my battery runs down real fast. this morning i sent mabye 5 sms and my battery was down to half bar!? wats up with that!?
    05-07-09 10:32 PM
    Not sure what the battery life complaints are about. I have been emailing, BB Messengering, SMSing, TweetGenius is running and WiFi is on...3 hours later only half of the first bar is gone. This has been fantastic!

05-08-09 12:35 PM
    Ever since I downloaded .266, my phone is very hot and battery has run down a great deal - is there a way to check if any apps are running (I know I should know this already)
    05-08-09 01:38 PM
    .266 works great for me after a few days of testing. Anyone still using .167 really needs to make the upgrade

So the bold is backed up and sync'd up.

Latest version of DM on the pc.

I'm taking your advice going from .167 to .266

Wish me luck!

I'm hoping this will solve some of the spontaneous reboots and black screen / red led berry problems I've been having.

I will post back with updates.

05-08-09 02:33 PM
720 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD