That seems like a very "general" statement... does he mean that in this case there is no difference or in any situation there is no difference.. I kinda doubt that.. hmmm

I'll think about it.. I need it for work so am none to excited about bricking or otherwise breaking the device.
    The difference between the beta and the official is that you have to remove the vendor file from the official before you upgrade. That's it.
    04-29-09 08:38 PM
    That seems like a very "general" statement... does he mean that in this case there is no difference or in any situation there is no difference.. I kinda doubt that.. hmmm

I'll think about it.. I need it for work so am none to excited about bricking or otherwise breaking the device.
    There is never any difference between a beta and official release (same version number of course) except for the vendor file. This has been said over and over again in almost every thread. My humble suggestion is for people to read the whole thread before making the same question hundreds of times.
    Yes, the .266 Vodafone UK official release is EXACTLY the same as the .266 beta version that leaked a couple of weeks ago.
    Cheers!
    04-29-09 08:48 PM
    I had updated to the beta previous to the 4.6.0.266. I was about to downgrade to the official release because ever since I upgraded, my ringer and speaker phone won't work. I was about to downgrade until I saw .266 so I upgraded instead hoping it would fix the problem. IT HASN'T!

Anyone have any idea on what I should do to fix this problem? I've gone into the advanced editing modes of the ring profiles and have tried EVERYTHING.

Any ideas??
    04-29-09 08:58 PM
    I did read the whole thread. it explained nothing specifically to validate that point.

It sounds like your saying if it gets released to the public with the same version number then they have made no changes...?
    (other than the vendor file crap)

I guess that makes sense...
    04-29-09 08:59 PM
    I did read the whole thread. it explained nothing specifically to validate that point.

It sounds like your saying if it gets released to the public with the same version number then they have made no changes...?
    (other than the vendor file crap)

I guess that makes sense...
    Right.. An "official release" is a "beta" that has been picked up by a major carrier and released as supported software.
    04-29-09 09:08 PM
    If I am having problem with my phone rebooting while making a call under .247 should I upgrade to .266? And if I upgrade is it possable to downgrade to something else if .266 isn't any better?
    Definitely possible to do all that...

anyway, just upgraded from .247.....

improvement in speed is not tremendous O_o, as i've been reading, but there is some increase in speed.

memory app after battery pull is 55 mb, and was 52 mb after an hour of testing ... used to be 47 mb after battery pull with .247........ so thats good.

a minor hissing sound when listening to music both from the speaker and headphones... but its no biggy (only hear it when the track begins, cuz its quiet)

BB browser is definitely a little faster (not as fast as opera mini however) and the cursor moves quick. so lots of distance covered but cursor with not much effort on the thumb. Pretty kool. I'm still sticking with opera mini, atleast till skyfire comes out.

Viigo, facebook, google maps, pandora are working just fine....

youtube deos not work..... says error playing in red and white on the top right of the media player right when the video is about to start.... i'd appreciate if someone could please tell me if there is a fix for this

well, i guess thats about all i do on my phone.
    04-29-09 09:20 PM
    Nice! upped to .266 a few days ago and I couldn't be happier.
    04-29-09 09:24 PM
    you look like david draiman ebedoun! hes the vocalist for the band disturbed btw, if u didnt know.
    04-29-09 09:41 PM
    Guys,

would love to try this but i wanted to find out if anything is wonky if my firm uses BES and i'm on enterprise server with wireless synch. Do i need to call my it guys and get another ent activation button or does it just inherit the credentials it had when it had the prior rev of the OS?

** No problem. i tried it and it worked like a charm! Let's hope this fixes the horrific memory leaks of the first 4.6.0.167
    Last edited by skerr; 04-29-09 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Update
    04-29-09 10:05 PM
    if i have an unlocked bold will this effect it being unlocked after the update?

its an att branded and i have att... so i really dont have a way to tell.... just thought i would ask in case i decide to sell down the road?

Thanks!
    04-29-09 10:05 PM
    Does this version still have the problem that the visual voice mail (the three vvm files) prevents the regular voice mail icon from appearing on the home screen?
    Hence, they must be removed through CRACKUTIL in order to get the voice mail icon?
    04-29-09 10:50 PM
    the site says it is for vodafone UK... any link to the north american version?
    04-29-09 10:57 PM
    if i have an unlocked bold will this effect it being unlocked after the update?

its an att branded and i have att... so i really dont have a way to tell.... just thought i would ask in case i decide to sell down the road?

Thanks!
    No it wont affect the unlocked bold
    04-29-09 11:05 PM
    No it wont affect the unlocked bold
    Thanks man!!
    04-29-09 11:30 PM
    No, it is a vodaphone release, not a NA carrier release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 11:58 PM
    should that matter?

I upgraded fine and I'm on Telstra Australia network...
    04-30-09 12:11 AM
    I have had my bold for about a week. I decided to load this firmware and it has significantly improved battery life on my phone.
    04-30-09 12:20 AM
    Its Multilanguage. Just remove the vendor.xml files as stated on the first post and it can be used on any carrier
    04-30-09 12:22 AM
    should that matter?

I upgraded fine and I'm on Telstra Australia network...
    Nope, doesn't matter, just delete the vendor file, that's it.

04-30-09 12:22 AM
    I have had my bold for about a week. I decided to load this firmware and it has significantly improved battery life on my phone.
    Yup, OS from the box sucks big time. .266 is best OS yet.

04-30-09 12:23 AM
    Its Multilanguage. Just remove the vendor.xml files as stated on the first post and it can be used on any carrier
    You must have that as an Autotext response/signature by now... Haha! :S

04-30-09 12:26 AM
    .266 improved my battery life greatly from .247
    04-30-09 01:26 AM
    I was really looking forward for this one.. But I`m at work for 5,6 more hours so i cant update

Can anyone please tell me, if there is (Cech / Ceczh / Če�ky) input language?
    04-30-09 02:46 AM
    I just upgraded for the first time from .167 what a diffrence in memory app..i went from 24 mb to 44 mb...only problem no thumbnail pics in the app store..anyone else having this problem?
    04-30-09 02:47 AM
    Thumbnails are now showing maybe slow connection was the problem
    04-30-09 02:50 AM
720 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD