Is it me or is the camera on the 9780 inferior to the one that was one the 9700?
    It's definitely you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 10:33 AM
    The camera on the 9780 is much better than the 9700.

P.S. Is it me or is the camera on the 9780 inferior to the one that was one the 9700?
    05-03-11 11:18 AM
    Ok Ok. I give up. It HAS been a while since I had my 9700 so maybe my memory is screwed up. See what old age does for you?
    05-03-11 11:32 AM
    wont have it, if you want OS7 gotta buy the new blackberry's. Thanks a lot RIM, good way to make money
    05-03-11 04:06 PM
    Maybe we will see some sort of a hybrid bb7 on bb6 bb6.5 lol

05-03-11 10:33 PM
    wont have it, if you want OS7 gotta buy the new blackberry's. Thanks a lot RIM, good way to make money
    Well, it isn't just RIM. ALL of the cell phone manufacturers do this. Sometimes it's definitely a planned thing but I also think that sometimes a new OS just requires it. They have their business plan but we have to be smart enough to a) know what we want b) be prepared to wait for it if necessary and c) realize that this is how it's played. Knowing all of this would not have stopped me from getting my 9780. For even if you had waited and gotten one of the newer devices, there will simply be some other reason you should have waited on THAT device. Don't you see? You're fighting a losing battle.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-04-11 07:56 AM
    As is my standard reply, I am NOT going to get worked up over whether the 9780 will or won't have OS7. I bought it for what it gives me now. If it couldn't satisfy my needs now, I wouldn't have bought it. If I determine later that I need what 7 gives me, then I will see about getting a device then. I cannot and will not play this game. I would forever be playing catch up with this technology. For the record though, I just recently came back to Blackberry because I no longer want a touch screen phone. I have an Android tablet (which I love also) and it suits most of my data needs. I wanted a phone that does all the things a phone does well which Blackberry is clearly superior at (call quality, battery life, notifications, messaging AND the ability to do it all one-handed). I do not want yet another touch screen phone because until such time as batteries catch up, I would never get that great of battery life out of it. Now, should RIM come out with a "normal" Blackberry with clearly superior hardware, I will be right on it.

P.S. Is it me or is the camera on the 9780 inferior to the one that was one the 9700?
    Your absolutely right .. Specially the excelent battery life on the 9780. But I think it'll make things a lot easier and phone features a lot more sofisticated if the phone was touch. Instead of finding and pointing with the trackpad.. Don't you think???

09-12-11 03:09 AM
    9780 was made for os6.
    Period.

Why buy a 9780 if all we needed was OS7??

Blackberry 7 OS was designed for newer devices with different hardware specs etc..

If somebody has bought a 9780 after the launch of 9900 and other OS7 devices, he/she should understand what was the reason to buy a 9780.
    If it was in the hope that 9780 would also have OS7 soon, then it was a mistake for sure.
    Better sell or exchange your 9780 and get a newer os7 device.

09-13-11 04:10 PM
    Well, it isn't just RIM. ALL of the cell phone manufacturers do this. Sometimes it's definitely a planned thing but I also think that sometimes a new OS just requires it. They have their business plan but we have to be smart enough to a) know what we want b) be prepared to wait for it if necessary and c) realize that this is how it's played. Knowing all of this would not have stopped me from getting my 9780. For even if you had waited and gotten one of the newer devices, there will simply be some other reason you should have waited on THAT device. Don't you see? You're fighting a losing battle.
    Actually, not all companies do this. Take Apple, for example. The iPhone 3GS, a small upgrade from the iPhone 3G (kind of like the Bold 9780 is to the Bold 9700), was released in 2009. The iPhone 3GS came with iOS 3.0. It has been updated with the latest iOS 4.0 and will receive the next update, iOS 5.0.

The Bold 9780 came out in 2010 with OS 6. If you compare it to the iPhone 3GS, the Bold 9780 should be able to get at least the next two OS updates. However, it can't even get one!
    Last edited by BTFan; 09-13-11 at 10:47 PM.
    09-13-11 04:26 PM
    yes, as consumers, it is absolutely normal for us to say that that is the way RIM makes money. but of course, because that is what they do - they make phones! - & tablets LOL i have to admit, it is VERY HEARTBREAKING to know that there is another device that gives you more, just months after you bought 9780 - i bought mine in may 2011, & 9780 was released in Q3 2010 - it's not even a year old! i thought i was catching things quickly back then, & now i realized, that is how the trend is going.. u'll always lose (unless u don't mind devoting ur $$ just to keep up to date)... although it is heartbreaking, i hope this will be a leap for success for RIM to gain more in the future. With QNX being used in future platforms & more, RIM is on its way to winning back what is crowned for them back those days
    09-13-11 10:08 PM
    Personally... I think that all th Blackberrys from 9300 and up should be able to run the OS 7 Software. Take this in consideration. I just HaB the iPhone 3GS and it is 4 Years old and it can run IOS 6.1.3. on an old phone. I have the BlackBerry Curve 9300 3G and all I can update to is OS 6. I think this is Kinda PATHETIC! I'm Almost considering going back to an Apple device.
    03-31-13 08:27 PM
    Forgot to add. OS 7 Doesn't run with QNX. Well not yet anyways!
    03-31-13 08:28 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD