It is amazing that after months with this issue RIM has not released a specific fix for the bricking issue.

Do you think that with version 7.1 the bricking issue has ended in the 9900?

I have avoided bricking a third bold by not charging it in the night or overcharging the phone. I would like to stop thinking about the issue all the time to avoid the bricking issue.

Some problem I got is that every week or less the bold is too slow and I have to restart it. I hope this version fixes this issue as well.
    01-10-12 10:47 AM
    Newer version of 7.1 is released this week.
    But no one has confirmed about bricking with this OS, on the contrary no one has even confirmed to recover already nuke/brick 9900.
    OS7.1 has device analyser, but I am not much aware of it�s importance. As it doesn�t run by itself and perform some sort of analysis on 99XX.
    01-10-12 10:55 AM
    My 9900 bricked when I was on 7.1.0.73
    01-10-12 11:18 AM
    Newer version of 7.1 is released this week..
    Any idea what verison number it will be ??

Newer than the latest leak or an official verison of it ??
    01-10-12 11:33 AM
    I have avoided bricking a third bold by not charging it in the night or overcharging the phone. I would like to stop thinking about the issue all the time to avoid the bricking issue.
    I have seen similar posts about avoiding things that cause bricking and have thought that it may be the wrong approach if you have a phone covered by warranty. If the bricking is a hardware problem you really want your phone to brick now, while it is under warranty, rather than when it is out of warranty.
    Jberry32 likes this.
    01-10-12 11:37 AM
    I have seen similar posts about avoiding things that cause bricking and have thought that it may be the wrong approach if you have a phone covered by warranty. If the bricking is a hardware problem you really want your phone to brick now, while it is under warranty, rather than when it is out of warranty.
    I am on my third bold and it is in no way funny to lost all the information on the bold, also even you have a backup the new bold will have a new pin and your BBM contacts have to authorize you again.

Also who wants to go 2 times to your carrier leave the phone, wait 1 hour or more to leave the phone then again go back another day to get the new phone and wait another time 1 hour or more.

If you don't have nothing to do in your life it is funny to go and pick a new phone, but after going 2 times and waited more than 3 hours in total and have 3 phones this is a real nightmare.

I don't worry about the warranty because it will end in over 9 months.
    01-10-12 03:26 PM
    STOP!! STOP!! rehasching the same sh*t. Move on they will let you know when they have figured it out.
    01-10-12 03:56 PM
    Nope, My Bold 9900 bricked when it was running OS 7.1.0.284, So I got a replacement.
    03-30-12 11:41 AM
    I have never bricked a phone on both OS 7.0 and 7.1. By looking at the posts here on crackberry, it looks like no one is having bricking issues with any of the leaked OS 7.1s. Some people here even claimed that they fixed their nuked Bold 99xx using OS 7.1 leaks.
    03-30-12 11:46 AM
    I am on my third bold and it is in no way funny to lost all the information on the bold, also even you have a backup the new bold will have a new pin and your BBM contacts have to authorize you again.
    There is no reason you should ever lose all of the info on your device... Between BB Protect, email account address book/calendar sync, and Desktop Manager backups, there's no reason you shouldn't have a form of backup.
    03-30-12 01:04 PM
    I am also on my 3rd ATT Bold 9900 since Nov 6,2011.#1 and2 crashed/bricked and couldn't be revived. When I tried to get my e mail going, my e mail address didn't exist and it took 3( three) hours with Att Tech Support on the phone to get it going. Couldn't get my original adress back had to add another character (a new address) seemed like both times I delt with Att Tech support on the lost email address issue, it was like they had never encountered this before ! Different pin # so Blackberry protect didn't work.Had a Blackberry rep come to Att store, got on the phone,with Att and whoever Still had to make a new e mail address Must be a better way! These were Att.blackberry.net e mail addresses. So secure , I couldn't get into them!
    03-30-12 04:21 PM
    Has anyone bricked with OS 7.1.0.155?
    06-02-13 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD