Which one is faster? Advantages?
    01-05-11 08:17 PM

Hands down OS6 is one big gigantic advantage besides that you cant use themes yet. I put the .333 leak on my brothers bold and for some reason after an hour he lost bbm. i had to reinstall os5 and i was getting ready to throw up at how dreadfully slow everything is on that os. The boot time alone is worth the update. Going from almost 10 minutes to a little over 4 minutes is huge. Without getting into specifics i am never going back to os5.
    01-06-11 04:57 PM
    Believe it or not, I was going to start a thread with this exact title yesterday.
    01-06-11 09:14 PM
    OS6 is nicer looking but the browser is slower IMO than the OS5 browser. I also miss my themes. And I have a huge memory leak. But having said all that, I would still opt for 6 over 5. And so that's what I run...OS6.

The browser has tabbed browsing which is great but word wrap is still not perfected.
    01-06-11 09:41 PM
    For now, I'm sticking with OS5. My Bold is an integral part of my work day. On and off throughout the day, I am on the phone, email, text, taking pictures of job sites, using the voice recorder, scheduling appointments on the calendar, and more. The last thing I want is a device that is buggy, and currently I have NO bugs. Re-boot is in the 4 minute range (16 3rd party apps, 1 theme) and I usually re-boot once a month...just for drill. No memory loss. No camera issues. No signal bounce. No browser problem. After migrating from the Curve, to the Tour, and now the Bold I finally have a device that just works! If it's not broken...don't fix it!!

However, I read that QNX will continue the from factor that is being established with OS6 and I know that I'll eventually load 6 on my Bold and settle in with it, just to prepare myself for my next BB. With the variety of postings on 6 and the reported issues (some have issues, some don't), I'm in no hurry. I'm definitely looking forward to the day when I read more consistent, positive reviews of OS6. I really don't care if the OS is a leak or official, just give us an OS6 that I'm comfortable installing on my Bold. I'm not there...yet!

THANKS to all who have taken the OS6 plunge and continue to report their findings.
    01-07-11 07:26 AM
    For now, I'm sticking with OS5. My Bold is an integral part of my work day. On and off throughout the day, I am on the phone, email, text, taking pictures of job sites, using the voice recorder, scheduling appointments on the calendar, and more. The last thing I want is a device that is buggy, and currently I have NO bugs. Re-boot is in the 4 minute range (16 3rd party apps, 1 theme) and I usually re-boot once a month...just for drill. No memory loss. No camera issues. No signal bounce. No browser problem. After migrating from the Curve, to the Tour, and now the Bold I finally have a device that just works! If it's not broken...don't fix it!!

However, I read that QNX will continue the from factor that is being established with OS6 and I know that I'll eventually load 6 on my Bold and settle in with it, just to prepare myself for my next BB. With the variety of postings on 6 and the reported issues (some have issues, some don't), I'm in no hurry. I'm definitely looking forward to the day when I read more consistent, positive reviews of OS6. I really don't care if the OS is a leak or official, just give us an OS6 that I'm comfortable installing on my Bold. I'm not there...yet!

THANKS to all who have taken the OS6 plunge and continue to report their findings.
    Hiker, totally understand your position. I'm retired and I don't need my device to exist in my work, I do use it some for my 2 day a week part time job the keeps me off the streets (golf course?) and out of trouble. Therefore, I'm probably more comfortable with tinkering with my OS. Haveing had a career as a computer programer I do like being on the cutting edge; thus, I have loaded many iterations of BB6 both base and hybrids. I am having no problems, Baby Bold runs very well, and everyting works. I will admit that the browser leaves something to be desired but since I'm not a big user most of the time I can live with it for now. I will say that I believe the webkit browser is a good start toward providing the BB family with a top notch browser, I just hope that RIM gets it up to speed in a timely fashion.

However, if I was in your shoes, needing my device as an accessory to getting my job done I would probably be as cautious or more so than you are being. When you are totally dependent on a tool such as you seem to be, it is not good to tinker with it and take the chance of bricking it and not having it ready to go when needed.

We'll continue to blaze the trail for you and keep you posted on our progress.
    01-07-11 07:54 AM
    For me BB6 is just more intuitive. I show 1 row of icons and keep 6 different icons in the top row of each of the trays and it makes scrolling to the app I need a breeze. I have OS5 on my Storm2 and it's just unusable...too clunky for my taste.

BB6 runs much smoother in my experience.

OS6 is nicer looking but the browser is slower IMO than the OS5 browser.
    Glad to hear you're warming up to your "but t-ugly" theme!
    01-07-11 07:59 AM
    Well, I'm happy to report that after much tinkering, my OS6 installation seems to be trouble-free; except for the memory leak.

I have conquered all the camera reboot problems with this latest hybrid and therefore, everything works on my phone! I rely on my phone a lot; but it is not mission critical for my job. Therefore I can tinker like Bob said above. The browser is not to my liking but everything else about 6 is smooth and fast. So, memory leak be damned, I'm forging ahead!

Now get me my PlayBook and I'm all set!!!!
    01-07-11 08:02 AM
    OS6 is nicer looking but the browser is slower IMO than the OS5 browser.
    I have found the opposite on my vzw bold... granted I switched from the storm 2 to the bold (bold browser is much faster) and only had os5 for about 2 weeks I feel like the os6 browser has been much faster for me so far.
    01-07-11 11:52 AM
    I have found the opposite on my vzw bold... granted I switched from the storm 2 to the bold (bold browser is much faster) and only had os5 for about 2 weeks I feel like the os6 browser has been much faster for me so far.
    I have to agree with you here, especially with wifi, the browsing is much faster on my Bold with BB6.
    01-07-11 12:04 PM
    OS-6 Browser has been faster for me...BUT:
    I hate not having column/word wrap, or at least a way to zoom and read wap sites without having to scroll to and fro ....my electron microscope is getting worn out trying to read this site.
    I wish they'd make a 'tray lock' because a lot of times, I'm on my home screen scrolling through icons and I scroll too far and the tray slides to the next one, like favorites or media, very annoying and sloppy.
    Also, I was expecting OS-6 would grow my mini bold 9650 to the size of a 9000, but no such luck, they really need to address this issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 12:23 PM
    @jaydee - I don't know if you saw my post on the uptime thread, but after letting .415 settle down, I have zero memory leak. I've been sitting at ~246.5MB after about 60 hours now. The only programs I didn't install with .415 was PingChat and KIK. You got a list with all our installed apps from a couple of us, perhaps you'd like to verify that list to see if you can narrow down your problem app.

I'm really liking OS 6, and I find the browser to work fine for me. I'm usually behind a computer most of the day for work and at home for personal time, so the small amount of time while I'm out and about and need to use the web, the BB browser works fine for me. I even have Bolt installed and haven't used it since OS 6, where as in OS 5, I used it a lot more. I like the GUI, and the interface. I wish there more more customization allowed, as in types of tabs, and the placement of icons (permanently). I don't get any problems with reboots either. Having been on leaked OS 6 for awhile now already, it won't be long before I'm ready for the next OS!
    01-07-11 12:27 PM
    @jaydee - I don't know if you saw my post on the uptime thread, but after letting .415 settle down, I have zero memory leak. I've been sitting at ~246.5MB after about 60 hours now. The only programs I didn't install with .415 was PingChat and KIK. You got a list with all our installed apps from a couple of us, perhaps you'd like to verify that list to see if you can narrow down your problem app.

I'm really liking OS 6, and I find the browser to work fine for me. I'm usually behind a computer most of the day for work and at home for personal time, so the small amount of time while I'm out and about and need to use the web, the BB browser works fine for me. I even have Bolt installed and haven't used it since OS 6, where as in OS 5, I used it a lot more. I like the GUI, and the interface. I wish there more more customization allowed, as in types of tabs, and the placement of icons (permanently). I don't get any problems with reboots either. Having been on leaked OS 6 for awhile now already, it won't be long before I'm ready for the next OS!
    Arcadence,
    I never have installed those two apps that you dumped so...it's gotta be something else for me. But after I installed 415 and even now with the hybrid...I still have a leak.

I may never get rid of it. I am going to install SCrid's hybrid tonight and keep my apps off for a few hours and see if the leaking begins again.
    01-07-11 12:55 PM
    Os 6 is great if ur phone has 500mb ram and up,if not your memory will not be enough to install applcations ,u can only install wat u need,and very limitted,coz os 6 eats too much memory everytime you open any applcation,the browser will slow also.and it automatcally close the browser if its too high in memory,unlike os 5.although its old u can install many apps,and the browser is faster,and u can use more themes
    04-29-13 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD