Hi guys,
    after ages of trying to do this OS update, it constantly fails on the Install bit of the update, it says 'boot ROM' and then stays on that for 5 mins and pops up with an error message which says there is something wrong with the USB lead, which i know there is not as i have linked other phones up with this cable, and tells me to go to control panel and change things etc.. which i have done, but still no luck. Any ideas why it stops? The computer's' do pick up the phone 'rarely' and backs up but not sure why it doesn't work
    Matt
    07-06-11 03:23 PM
    Hi guys,
    after ages of trying to do this OS update, it constantly fails on the Install bit of the update, it says 'boot ROM' and then stays on that for 5 mins and pops up with an error message which says there is something wrong with the USB lead, which i know there is not as i have linked other phones up with this cable, and tells me to go to control panel and change things etc.. which i have done, but still no luck. Any ideas why it stops? The computer's' do pick up the phone 'rarely' and backs up but not sure why it doesn't work
    Matt
    Did you wipe the phone? It sounds like the USB drivers may have been corrupted (either on the phone or the PC). IIUC, if you wipe it, that will force a reinstall of the drivers.
    07-07-11 09:18 AM
    Did you wipe the phone? It sounds like the USB drivers may have been corrupted (either on the phone or the PC). IIUC, if you wipe it, that will force a reinstall of the drivers.
    Well its an unlocked phone, but if i wiped it, would i lose the unlock, aswell as everything on the phone?
    07-07-11 11:31 AM
    Well its an unlocked phone, but if i wiped it, would i lose the unlock, aswell as everything on the phone?
    you would lose all the data but wiping does not remove the unlock from you phone.
    07-07-11 12:21 PM
    Yep, I also suggest wiping it and doing a fresh install. I always do this and has yet to fail me.

I use BBSAK to wipe.

Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD