OS 6.0.0.333 is great being that it in itself is an early beta (Non-Official) OS I want better and expect it when they eventually release an official.
    12-14-10 12:05 PM
    I would never go back to OS 5
    +1 OS5 is clunky and screams "Welcome to 2009"!
    12-14-10 12:08 PM
    im just waiting for the offical... 5.0.0.983 is doing good for the most part and bolt browser is always working so no stress right now
    12-14-10 12:18 PM
    I am running .333 lags in display properties, and in the pulldown on home screen, It's definitely a full step slower than my wife's 9780 but, oh well. How do you do a Java swap and will it correct these minor issues?
    Do we believe that a final product 6.0 for the 9650 will run as well as the 9780? Thanks
    We HOPE the official is better than what we have know. But only the big guy upstairs knows that...and he isn't telling!

To do a full java swap, go to the Hybrids thread and download the java folder which is zipped. Unzip it and "move and replace" it into an installation of 333. That is the java you are moving will replace the java already installed there. Then run apploader. Great instructions in the thread. Try SCrid's hybris if you are game.
    12-14-10 03:33 PM
    I'm running 357 on 9650. Today I was on a subway. When I had reached the underground part of the rid I turned off my mobile network to save battery life. When I got off of the subway and turned it back on I noticed 14 of my apps were missing. I checked to see if they were hidden with no luck. The application manager says they're not installed, as does app world. But they're still using the memory up. It makes no sense. Apps include : Sprint Navigation, dictionary.com, Poynt, Sprint nfl, texas hold'em live, facebook, myspace, yahoo messanger, AIM, CONTACT book, the preinstalled music player, calculator, camera andpictures. It's ridiculous. Never seen anything like it before. Has anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 05:21 PM
    I'm using the .333 leak and so far so good. I'm hoping the official is right around the corner.
    12-14-10 06:35 PM
    I absolutely love it over OS5. The only thing I would change, and hopefully themes will eventually allow this, is I want just one home screen. I do too much accidental scrolling to Media, Favorites, etc
    12-14-10 07:23 PM
    I absolutely love it over OS5. The only thing I would change, and hopefully themes will eventually allow this, is I want just one home screen. I do too much accidental scrolling to Media, Favorites, etc
    +1 The default theme on OS6 is sooooo ugly!!!!
    I can't wait for a decent theme!
    12-14-10 08:03 PM
    +1 The default theme on OS6 is sooooo ugly!!!!
    I can't wait for a decent theme!
    Thats the biggest reason I want an official release. I don't mind the few bugs that .333 has I really just want to start seeing some themes come out.
    12-14-10 08:30 PM
    Hi All,
    Is it just me, or is everybody facing this?

I downloaded a theme from appworld for 9650, but i cant seem to be able to switch to another theme under Options>Devices.

Also, another problem is I cant seem to configure my right convenience key as well. The menu shows empty screen, and returns to main.

Any body facing same issues?
    12-16-10 09:56 AM
    Hi All,
    Is it just me, or is everybody facing this?

I downloaded a theme from appworld for 9650, but i cant seem to be able to switch to another theme under Options>Devices.

Also, another problem is I cant seem to configure my right convenience key as well. The menu shows empty screen, and returns to main.

Any body facing same issues?
    Which OS? If you're on 5 make sure you have downloaded the proper resolution for the theme.
    12-16-10 10:08 AM
    sorry. Forgot to mention, im running on OS6. .33.
    12-16-10 10:12 AM
    sorry. Forgot to mention, im running on OS6. .33.
    That's the problem then. There are NO themes for OS6.
    They won't work, whatever you have downloaded. No themes exist for OS6 except for the Torch. Delete it. and wait with the rest of us.
    12-16-10 10:16 AM
    That's the problem then. There are NO themes for OS6.
    They won't work, whatever you have downloaded. No themes exist for OS6 except for the Torch. Delete it. and wait with the rest of us.
    Damn! Yea.. the original theme looks ugly! haha

Thanks!!
    12-16-10 11:03 AM
    i loaded up .333 leak on my 9650 yesterday and iam loving it so far !! what is considered a bad memory leak ? i turned my bold on at 12:30 am and was qt 263289346 bytes and now its 6:00 pm and im at 251286036 !! is that good or bad ?
    12-16-10 05:00 PM
    i loaded up .333 leak on my 9650 yesterday and iam loving it so far !! what is considered a bad memory leak ? i turned my bold on at 12:30 am and was qt 263289346 bytes and now its 6:00 pm and im at 251286036 !! is that good or bad ?
    Well ur talking 18 hrs and no change in memory really. Maybe 1MB difference. In the same time period my phone has lost 22.8 MB. Which do you think is good or bad? Haha

12-16-10 05:16 PM
    Well ur talking 18 hrs and no change in memory really. Maybe 1MB difference. In the same time period my phone has lost 22.8 MB. Which do you think is good or bad? Haha

So it must be some apps you have installed on your bold correct ? The only app I installed is twitter for bb and some preloaded apps in the software !

12-16-10 05:21 PM
    No I'm not sure that's the problem but thanks. Ihave spent a long time evaluating this problem. I think it might be hardware related or os related on my hardware.
    So it must be some apps you have installed on your bold correct ? The only app I installed is twitter for bb and some preloaded apps in the software !

12-16-10 05:27 PM
    I've been using .333 for a while now. I don't facebook notifications and I get a popup message saying I need to subscribe to data a plan. Not sure why these things happen. Anyone know if I can use the .418 update for the Bold 9700?

12-16-10 05:31 PM
    Hi need help - just got OS 6 for BB 9650, i think i like it - but how do i move Apps that are there only thru search - ie Calcualtor i use often - how to a relocate it to another screen......also I see when moving some apps that i want hidden & i move to folder it only gives me 3, ie if i want to move "ESPN" to Sports i dont have that option

thanks!
    01-15-11 04:59 PM
    Hi need help - just got OS 6 for BB 9650, i think i like it - but how do i move Apps that are there only thru search - ie Calcualtor i use often - how to a relocate it to another screen......also I see when moving some apps that i want hidden & i move to folder it only gives me 3, ie if i want to move "ESPN" to Sports i dont have that option

thanks!
    I answered your question on the other thread where you posted.

Please do not cross post!!

New Bold 9650 OS 6 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    01-15-11 05:38 PM
    Have the latest OS 6 and the slight increase in speed is the only advantage I see. I hate the fact that a lot of the websites I read are now so small in print (font) that I have to use the magnifying glass - which is a pain and really slows up reading. The extra scrolling you have to do to find the icons you want is also a pain. Maybe it's just the model (4650) instead of the OS6.
    01-15-11 09:57 PM
    Have the latest OS 6 and the slight increase in speed is the only advantage I see. I hate the fact that a lot of the websites I read are now so small in print (font) that I have to use the magnifying glass - which is a pain and really slows up reading. The extra scrolling you have to do to find the icons you want is also a pain. Maybe it's just the model (4650) instead of the OS6.
    I like universal search...makes everything faster.
    However, for the small font in browser issue, try Bolt Browser. You can enlarge the font and it has tabbed browsing and COLUMN VIEW!
    Just like OS5. It really is very good. I don't care if they ever fix the native browser because I will use Bolt. There is also a small jad file that you can install from their home page that allows Bolt to be the DEFAULT browser for links in emails, sms and mms.

I find it works very well and has even allowed me to start posting again from WAP as opposed to always running to my PC.

The icon scrolling will be gone as soon as RIM releases Theme Builder 6 fr the 9650. There are themers out there right now salivating to create a decent theme for OS6.
    01-16-11 08:50 AM
    i cant seem to save pics through bolt browser since i upgaded to os6 do i need to re- install bolt again ?
    01-16-11 08:08 PM
    i cant seem to save pics through bolt browser since i upgaded to os6 do i need to re- install bolt again ?
    Yes you do because I can save pictures with it on OS6.
    01-16-11 08:17 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD