Hey everyone,
    I am currently running Blackberry OS 6.0.0.333 on my 9650, and I am just wandering who else has it and what are some of the problems that you have encountered with the leak of 6.0 for the 9650. So far the only thing that I have found wrong with mine is that I am unable to download Sprint TV. Basically I just want to hear everyone�s input on the leak that they have and what pros and cons you have about the OS 6 for your Bold 9650.
    Last edited by nsantiago630; 12-10-10 at 12:27 PM.
    12-10-10 12:19 PM
    It's nice, webkit's a bit laggy for my taste. There's a crapload of threads already going on about 6 and the up/downsides of it. Look around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 01:04 PM
    OS 6 is nice overall..especially the Webkit browser..which still could be improved upon speedwise with later OS releases imo

It's nice, webkit's a bit laggy for my taste. There's a crapload of threads already going on about 6 and the up/downsides of it. Look around.

Have you tried a .407 over .333 full Java swap? After letting it settle for 24 hours, browsing speeds has improved a bit.
    12-10-10 01:22 PM
    Sprint TV is not available for download from your phone with OS 6, however if you goto the Sprint forum section, there's a thread about adding the cod for Sprint TV manually. Someone posted a cod, but I think there's another cod missing because it's not working properly. But keep your eye on it. We just need someone with a Tour or someone with a Bold running OS 5 to upload the proper cods.

One of my complaints for OS 6 is with the webkit browser, I can't get any phone numbers to show up as links! Before I used to be able to click a phone number in a Google search and it would automatically dial the number. Now I have to cut and paste which is really annoying. Hope they fix this.
    12-10-10 01:39 PM
    It runs well, the browser needs some tweaking imo. Check out the other threads there's a ton of them out there.
    12-10-10 02:25 PM
    One of my complaints for OS 6 is with the webkit browser, I can't get any phone numbers to show up as links! Before I used to be able to click a phone number in a Google search and it would automatically dial the number. Now I have to cut and paste which is really annoying. Hope they fix this.
    That could be a setting issue, because using the leaked OS6.333 I can click on a phone number in Google that shows up as a blue hyperlink on my 9650 and just click on it to make a call!

I doubt there would be a diff. for VZ or Sprint as our carriers.
    12-12-10 12:52 PM
    I went from the original storm to a droid incredible, to the 9650 with the expectation that it was the device best able to handle os6. I've had it with blackberry, the webkit browser, while better than what it had before, is still trash. I have a hard time believing that anyone who says webkit is fine uses it very often. The only sites that I'm actually happy with its performance in are those designed specifically for the mobile form factor. I recently got my gf an iphone4, and using her phone makes me feel sad at how behind blackberry is.

Admittedly, my usage pattern has changed. I moved from commuting by car everyday to commuting on a bus for an hour plus each way. I'm also on the other side of the world now, so all the friends I used to chat with(blackberry still wins for typing) have been replaced with websites.
    I've been a big blackberry fan for five years, had a 7130 before my storm. I've eagerly looked forward to os6, but at the moment it doesn't look good for us blackberry users, and I'm likely buying the next iphone.

12-12-10 07:17 PM
    I don't mind the browser for the most part but this dang site...cb.com is the ABSOLUTE WORST displayed site on it! What a lousy selling point. I can't see the text or navigate this crackberry site on it with any ease at all!

The rest of OS6 is not ready for primetime either, as I have experienced HUGE memory leaks no matter what version or hybrid I have tried. And I have tried most of them all. I'm very disappointed with it, to tell you the truth but I continue to use it because when OS6 works properly, the scrolling and zooming make things go faster. That is, if I'm not rebooting to gain back all my leaked memory...
    12-12-10 08:50 PM
    I don't mind the browser for the most part but this dang site...cb.com is the ABSOLUTE WORST displayed site on it! What a lousy selling point. I can't see the text or navigate this crackberry site on it with any ease at all!

The rest of OS6 is not ready for primetime either, as I have experienced HUGE memory leaks no matter what version or hybrid I have tried. And I have tried most of them all. I'm very disappointed with it, to tell you the truth but I continue to use it because when OS6 works properly, the scrolling and zooming make things go faster. That is, if I'm not rebooting to gain back all my leaked memory...
    I've read about your mem leaks, and I really feel bad for you. Aside from the navigational irritations through the views, I have been quite pleased with OS6. It is fluid, has a few tweaks and is aesthetically pleasing. The browser is improved (although not wowing) and I have not experienced ANY leaks.

Oh, one major annoyance, my battery lasts about 20 minutes streaming audio or video through BT. Media player is fine, and streaming through the headset or speaker is fine. There is something wrong with streaming through BT.
    12-12-10 09:46 PM
    OS 6 is nice overall..especially the Webkit browser..which still could be improved upon speedwise with later OS releases imo

Have you tried a .407 over .333 full Java swap? After letting it settle for 24 hours, browsing speeds has improved a bit.
    Can't say that I have. Might be worth it tho for a better browser experience. I keep hearing the "verizon release is imminent" rumor. Was trying to wait for that or another leak.

Edit: Loaded 407 for a spin, couldn't wait. Hopin' it helps the browser experience. Thanks for the idea Culex
    Last edited by cbreze; 12-13-10 at 12:01 AM.
    12-12-10 09:48 PM
    407...????
    12-13-10 01:36 PM
    How does browser speed and battery life compare to OS5

12-13-10 01:43 PM
    It has its ups and downs, it isn't quite as quick as 5.0.0.965 but I am a huge fan of a lot of the features, universal search etc, overall I'm happy with it
    12-13-10 01:44 PM
    407...????
    It's a hybrid.

Aside from the tiny lag when click on the Connections & Notifications bars, I like 333.
    12-13-10 01:46 PM
    407...????
    CJ, by 407 he means the 357/359 with a full 407 java swap. The 407 is from the Style. Look in the hybrid section if you want more info
    12-13-10 05:45 PM
    After trying out all of the leaked OS6 versions for the 9650, I have to say I'm very disappointed and have happily gone back to rock-solid .975. As much as I like many of the features of OS6, there were too many cons, most of which have been mentioned here already (memory loss, disappointing browser which renders sites such as CB all but unviewable, and the ridiculously sized banner that looks like it was designed for a larger touch screen phone). Unless the "official" release rectifies these problems, I will remain with OS5.
    12-13-10 06:02 PM
    That's lame. OS6 should be good enuff that no1 wants to go back to 5

12-13-10 06:38 PM
    That's lame. OS6 should be good enuff that no1 wants to go back to 5

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm personally anxious as **** for a new OS6 build to leak for the Bold 9650..the 9700, 9100/05, and the 9300 have been getting all the love lately.
    12-13-10 06:44 PM
    After trying out all of the leaked OS6 versions for the 9650, I have to say I'm very disappointed and have happily gone back to rock-solid .975. As much as I like many of the features of OS6, there were too many cons, most of which have been mentioned here already (memory loss, disappointing browser which renders sites such as CB all but unviewable, and the ridiculously sized banner that looks like it was designed for a larger touch screen phone). Unless the "official" release rectifies these problems, I will remain with OS5.
    I agree with you. I've tried every incarnation of 6 even playing with a "style" for a bit which I thought would be a good example of an official 6 release on a non touch. Wrong thinking there. I've gone back and forth between 5+6 to many times to count. Kept thinking I would be missing out not having 6. Six does have a smooth feel to it and if it weren't for the browsing experience it'd be great. You make a good point about the banner. WTH is goin' on up there? It does seem like a bigger screen device would handle it better.
    OK, so it's maybe not right for everybody then . To each their own and just be glad we have choices.
    12-13-10 07:28 PM
    So far my experience has been good. About a month ago I needed to go to go to the VZW site and get the password to reset by home router. With OS 5, it was near impossible. The pages won't load right. I had to use my daughter's Moto Devour to get the info. Since then I have tried the leaks and hybrids with good results. Running the XxNLGxX 9650 v2.2 .333/.407 hybrid now without any problems.
    12-13-10 08:00 PM
    Weird I have zero issues on my 9650. I am running a full java swap and it is rock solid. I would never go back to OS 5

12-13-10 08:26 PM
    .333 is running very good on my 9650 too. Definitely not going back!
    12-13-10 11:40 PM
    I love os6 but lately its been running slow on my 9650 which I've heard is a common problem, the webkit is nice but runs slow at times. RIM needs to work on the os some more

12-14-10 12:36 AM
    I am running .333 lags in display properties, and in the pulldown on home screen, It's definitely a full step slower than my wife's 9780 but, oh well. How do you do a Java swap and will it correct these minor issues?
    Do we believe that a final product 6.0 for the 9650 will run as well as the 9780? Thanks
    12-14-10 09:11 AM
    The early builds of OS6 were TERRIBLE, so I left my BB and had a Fascinate for a month - and now I'm back on a .407 hybrid and loving it.
    12-14-10 10:10 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD