actually my problem is im using BB 9700 but not using blackberry services, and when i try to install any version of OS 6 it says you need active blackberry connection. now im happy with my gprs plan and im using blackberry handset so why cant i install OS 60 on it ? cant any one help me this please ?
    03-03-11 06:24 AM
    You don't need a BB plan to get OS 6!

First, create a backup of your BB using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager just in case anything goes wrong.

Then backup your apps using BBSAK by clicking on the Backup Apps Button (if you wish to and have many apps that are hard for you to reinstall)

You must start by downloading OS 6.0.0.461

After the download is complete, install the file you have just downloaded.

Next, browse to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader
    In that folder, you will find a file called vendor.xml, DELETE that file

of if you have a 64 bit Windows, then it would be >>> Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

In that folder, you will find a file called vendor.xml

While you are in that folder, after you have deleted the above mentioned file, you will find another file by the name of loader.exe

Run that file, you will now get the screen to initialize the upgrade of the OS on your BB, click next to continue, your device PIN will be listed on this next screen, click next again to continue.

Now you will get with a list of options to select or deselect the components you want to install.

Carefully select only the items that you need, do not select all the chat messengers and components you know you will not use as this will eat up your precious application memory.

After you have selected the components you want to install, click next, and the upgrade process shall begin.

Your phone will automatically create a backup of your settings / apps first, then it will wipe the old OS then install the new one and restore the backup.

If you have backed up your apps using BBSAK, now is the time to restore them by clicking Restore Apps from BBSAK

Should anything go wrong at this stage, you will have to wipe your device again and try again, but luckily, we have created a backup file at the beginning of these instructions, so you will still be able to restore all your contacts, emails, settings, etc.
    sameer_majithia likes this.
    03-03-11 11:21 AM
    If you don't hyave a data plan, apps are useless, only a few will actually work without a data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 02:54 AM
    Dear thanks a lot for the trouble you took. I did everything as you described selected and deselected applications as you said with loader and I have the version of os 6.0.0.461 installed in my machine as you had asked. I have removed useless applications and as you said its but even after all this new version of os didn’t got installed it remained with old version of OS 5 only.

Any other idea you got or other way ?

Thanks a lot,

Sam
    03-04-11 06:21 AM
    i know without data plan some of applications are not working but for mails i got gmail, browsing i got opera and for chat i got trillian which solves my purpose. so i have not obtain blackberry data plan.

thanks for reply,

sam
    03-04-11 06:23 AM
    i know without data plan some of applications are not working but for mails i got gmail, browsing i got opera and for chat i got trillian which solves my purpose. so i have not obtain blackberry data plan.

thanks for reply,

sam
    1. Do security wipe from your device just for your data/setting
    2. Wipe your device with bb sak
    3. Re run the loader.exe again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 07:02 AM
    i tried this many times by same process but 6 os is not installing on my cell phone.
    it remains 5 os.
    please help me out.
    07-14-13 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD