I am on an att bold 9700. I upgraded my os this morning from my handset to 6.6.0.195. Now all it does is show a listing of all my apps. When i select any of them it says module not found. How can i fix this? I need a working phone.
    Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    05-14-11 04:00 PM
    I am on an att bold 9700. I upgraded my os this morning from my handset to 6.6.0.195. Now all it does is show a listing of all my apps. When i select any of them it says module not found. How can i fix this? I need a working phone.
    Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    Did you restore your apps from a backup?
    05-14-11 04:38 PM
    Did you restore your apps from a backup?
    Yes I did..several times. The problem occurs when I try to access the email settings & set up my email accounts. It gives me a prompt to update & when I do it comes back to the screen of app listings. I then have to restore from a backup. Once I do that & try to access email settings again..the entire process repeats itself. It is very frustrating to say the least. I have also done a hard reset & that hasn't worked either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 08:45 PM
    My bad, opera mini is cross-linking threads, I meant to post this in another one. Bolt or the native browser from now on. -_-

You sure you didn't shrink anything important out of the OS? Can you provide screenshots if possible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 05-15-11 at 03:49 AM.
    05-15-11 03:45 AM
    I did not shrink the os at all. I was prompted by the handset that an update to the email system was available. Once i started the update thats when all the troubles began. I have done numerous battery pulls, a hard reset, and had to restore from a backup numerous times. Once i restore from a backup, everything EXCEPT the email works. When i go to email settings it prompts me again for an update, with a higher version # than the last. Hopefully i don't have to keep doing this until i finally get to the stable version #. I will try to send some screenshots as soon as i can. Thanks in advance
    05-15-11 04:45 PM
    i too am having a similar issue with my bold 9700. the only difference that i am experiencing is 1. i am unable to access the os. my screen only loads to "Blackberry Platform 6.6.0.195" and below that is the list of applications that are non accessible. and 2. neither of my comps pc or mac are unable to reload os. or restore. when i try to restore my bold on my mac it says "39 issues... restoring..." and my bold is not detected through my pc. after putting my battery in the phone "blackberry" appears with the progress bar(takes about 15 mins). after that the "blackberry platfor 6.6.0.195" screen comes up and i am unable to get out of that screen. i've tried a battery pull, alt+shift+delete. NOTHING!! =( any help would be helpful
    07-09-11 11:06 PM
    I would love some thoughts on this too - took me hours last night to fix the chaos caused by the email setup update... I'm not getting push email and I want to use the email setup on the phone to try and troubleshoot but it just exits unless you do the update..

As p51 indicated, after the 'update', the BB takes a lot longer to load than usual and brings you to a white screen with simple text. First line is "BlackBerry Platform 6.6.0.195" as indicated above, and then it lists, one after another, the applications. The apps do not load as clicking on them causes 'exception' errors. You cannot navigate from the screen. A few battery pulls eventually resulted in an Error 507 for me. Never seen this before and it's very perplexing!
    Last edited by macgarnicle; 07-12-11 at 07:46 AM. Reason: provide more info
    07-12-11 07:42 AM
    *note: possible fixes here: http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...-phone-626083/

Will try today.
    07-12-11 07:51 AM
    update: if anyone has this problem, reinstalling the OS seems to fix the issue. I did upgrade to .576 - not sure if reinstalling the same version would have helped.
    07-12-11 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD