I have been running OS 6.0.0.600 for 1 day now, very snappy just like the 600 JAVA Swap. Good battery life, superior browsing speed, instant GPS lock, only 1 small bug.

If you use a 3rd party theme and try to access the Home Screen Preferences, the screen will jump right back, you will have to switch to the original theme to be able to enter that portion. Not a big deal really since one would rarely go in there especially if he restores his backup then all the options would be retained. I however have found a way to have that resolved too if you wish

After you have installed everything,

1) Download and install BBSAK

2) Download the Following file which contains the Ribbon COD from OS 461: Download
    Someone has used the .480 COD's, what they don't know though is that you only need one of them and has to be from.461 otherwise the clock will be misaligned if the stock theme is used.

So make sure you inject the following cod:

net_rim_bb_ribbon_app

3) Launch BBSAK then go to the Modify COD(s) tab

4) Click on Install COD(s)

5) Navigate to where you have extracted the contents of the above 461 COD zip file and select the COD, then install

6) Wait for 90 seconds until the file is installed, the device will then reboot and you will be able to access the home screen preferences even when you use a 3rd party theme

Note: If you did not have a 9780, you can follow the same method, the only difference is you would have to extract the same COD as mentioned above from another OS which did not have this bug for your device.

Regards

A.I. & M.L.
    Last edited by albertinik; 07-08-11 at 05:54 PM.
    07-08-11 04:48 PM
    If you retain using the stock standard theme does the Home preferences page still work?
    07-08-11 10:14 PM
    If you retain using the stock standard theme does the Home preferences page still work?
    Yes. You only lose the Home Screen Preferences option when using 3rd party themes without trays.
    07-08-11 10:19 PM
    12 posts removed. With so many personal attacks and so much hostility there is only one option for this thread.

Closed.
    07-12-11 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD