Hey, for AT&T, I'm wondering if anyone knows which OS 5 version has the convenience key option for locking the keyboard. I updated to OS 6 which SUCKS, but the thing that I hated the most about it is it took away being able to just hit the left convenience key without looking to lock the keyboard. And I know you can have it with a password, but I don't want to password protect my phone.

I "upgraded" back to the last OS 5 (5.0.0.1607) and even though I was glad to get rid of OS 6, it doesn't have this option.

If anyone knows which one has it and where it can be found (if it isn't under AT&T here: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites) I would GREATLY, GREATLY appreciate it.

I don't know why I upgrade these things, they always seem to take one step forward and then run a super marathon backwards. What I wouldn't give to have my old phone back...
    06-29-11 12:16 AM
    I have never heard of that. Gonna give you a bump here 'cuz I'm interested in this as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 11:30 PM
    What's wrong with using the lock key on the top?
    06-29-11 11:43 PM
    I think it auto password locks if I remember right. But still, yeah, use the lock button hahaha

06-29-11 11:50 PM
    I just checked my phone and there is an option to select "lock" for the left convenience key. I tried it and it does the same thing as the top left button.

06-30-11 12:54 AM
    When setting up convenience keys you have to set it to "Password Lock". The only down side to this is, in order for it to lock your phone, you must actually have a password set up, other than that, both password lock convenience and standby keys work magical.

Hope this helps!
    06-30-11 01:43 AM
    I just checked my phone and there is an option to select "lock" for the left convenience key. I tried it and it does the same thing as the top left button.

Right, and he is wondering what OS version you are running...

To the OP, you do know that holding the "A" key locks the phone, correct?
    Last edited by CrackBerryBryan; 06-30-11 at 06:31 AM.
    06-30-11 06:29 AM

Please, please, please tell me which OS you have, for the love of God
    06-30-11 11:44 AM
    Right, and he is wondering what OS version you are running...

To the OP, you do know that holding the "A" key locks the phone, correct?
    I do, there's actually a ton of things about OS 6 I didn't like, but I just really liked the way it was before. Call me set in my ways.
    06-30-11 11:45 AM
    I am using .405 on ATT. I can press the k key and lock the screen. I think it was .605? and up that they started messing with the lock features. Just checked. On .405 you can set keyboard lock to a convenience key.

Last edited by catberryday; 06-30-11 at 11:29 PM.
    06-30-11 09:26 PM
    Please, please, please tell me which OS you have, for the love of God
    I did more experimenting with my phone. I'm using a 9650 on OS 6.0.0.524. If I have password enabled, when I try to assign a convenience key, it gives me "password lock" as an option. If I have password disabled, when I try to assign a convenience key, it gives me "lock" as an option. Sorry I wasn't much help in this case.

06-30-11 11:48 PM
    5.0.0.442 was the last official OS to have that feature... https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...4B931C35A169B0

Forget those joke AT&T builds

07-01-11 01:14 AM
    You guys are the bomb, thanks.
    07-01-11 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD