Is there anyway I can get BlackBerry OS 5.0 on my Bold? And if so, will there be any negative repercussions for installing it?

I've searched for it but obviously can not find a download link, though I have seen demos of it on youtube.

Also, your opinion on whether or not it is worth the trouble would be greatly appreciated, along with any help you can give me.

Thanks!

- le0jay.
    07-21-09 03:43 AM
    You can get a beta version of it and so far, there are a few issues but nothing really major. You'd have to find the link urself since I don't think you can link beta or leaked downloads in crackberry.
    07-21-09 04:01 AM
    the official one has not released yet u have to wait for that.
    07-21-09 04:11 AM
    I have another question. I am a Danish user, and I am adding a lot of Danish words into the dictionary since there is no Danish in the language section. But when i upgrade to 5.0 ( when it comes out officially) do you think that the words that I have added to the wordbook will be deleted ?
    07-21-09 04:49 AM
    Having seen OS5.0 I would simply wait. It's more like OS4.8...can't understand which RIM person decided it was worthy of a major version change.
    07-21-09 04:53 AM
    When you upgrade an OS, there is an option to save a back up of your current files including address book, calendar items etc. I think it might also include words added to your dictionary. When the new OS loads, the DM reinstalls these files, so you should have no problem as far as that is concerned.
    07-21-09 04:55 AM
    The link to the latest version (5.0.0.100) was posted in the blogs here a month ago, as I noted in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/os-...6/#post3107857
    07-21-09 06:15 AM
    If you are experienced at bb upgrades and have have a genuine reason for upgrading rather than just curiosity, and are prepared to overcome some issues, go ahead, else wait a while

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD