Hello

I'm new to the forum.

I have been eagerly awaiting to get my paw's on the BB Bold since July on Vodafone.

Fruits of my labour will bare on the 3rd of September, 4days and counting ....

I read a few articles in regards to the bug's on the 4.6 OS (in specific JS and Wifi) and wondering if anyone has any idea when OS 4.7 is due to be released ?
    08-30-08 06:46 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

We are having a hard enough time getting OS 4.5 for some devices. OS 4.6 is out for others. OS 4.7 or even OS 5.x is waaaay in the future. I suspect that OS 4.7 only exists as a paper specification in RIM's marketing dept. right now.

We are talking months, maybe over a year here is my guess and that's all it is, a guess.

Do not hold your breath for this.
    08-30-08 06:51 AM
    If you want OS 4.7 then you are going to have to get the Thunder or the Storm. As of right now only RIM's new touchscreen is using 4.7. Check out the 9500 forum and you can read up on the only RIM device using 4.7.
    08-30-08 07:01 AM
    Word on the street is that non-touchscreen Javelin will come preloaded with 4.7. So there are good chances that the Bold will have its own version of 4.7.
    09-03-08 10:59 AM
    Word on the street is that non-touchscreen Javelin will come preloaded with 4.7. So there are good chances that the Bold will have its own version of 4.7.
    You're on the wrong street. lol. The Javelin will launch with 4.6.1 and the Bold with 4.6. As of right now the only device to launch with 4.7 is the 95xx
    09-03-08 11:11 AM
    Hahahaha, wrong street.
    09-03-08 11:19 AM
    Check blackberrycool.com. Its not a bad street to hang on
    09-03-08 11:20 AM
    Hahahaha, wrong street.
    I am so lost after all of these random comments
    09-03-08 11:27 AM
    Hello

I'm new to the forum.

I have been eagerly awaiting to get my paw's on the BB Bold since July on Vodafone.

Fruits of my labour will bare on the 3rd of September, 4days and counting ...
    Hi, and welcome to CB... did you get it today then?

I hope so, for your sake!
    09-03-08 11:51 AM
    If they're giving that kind of inaccurate information, then I would say it is and suggest another site for such information. CB for instance.
    09-03-08 12:18 PM
    This thread could start a riot.

just sayin
    09-03-08 12:22 PM
    This thread could start a riot.

just sayin
    Sure could.

You obviously you just can't believe all you read elsewhere though!

Anyone after the latest OS upgrade for their Bold would be better off keeping an eye on Crucial's new thread which can be found here.
    09-03-08 12:47 PM
    Montala
    did you get it today then?
    Unfortunately not! I'm having some issues getting it on my Insurance claim from Vodafone, I was promised one when my claim was approved but when the time came, I was told I am not eligible for "business" phones, I can only get "consumer" phones , so I'm waiting for one the Voda CR to come back to me, he's offered me the older blackberry's including Curve, but I won't settle for any less! A promise is a promise! Especially considering I've been a loyal customer for years. Finger's crossed!
    09-03-08 03:48 PM
    Oh dear... but as I posted earlier somewhere or other on here, Vodafone have now officially announced that The Bold will be available on personal 'consumer' tariffs in the UK from tomorrow, 4th September.... So I can't see how they can refuse to give you one then! (If you will pardon the expression! )
    09-03-08 04:39 PM
    PS: on the 4.7...take it as you wish...

BlackBerry Javelin to feature OS 4.7, fix Javascript issues | BlackBerry Cool
    09-03-08 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD