View Poll Results: Which version of .282 are you using?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Asian

11 22.45%
  • Rogers

23 46.94%
  • Vodafone

15 30.61%
08-17-09 10:23 AM
33 12
tools
    so I did a Hybrid of all three versions

My device is rock solid. Scans my SD card faster than I've seen...battery life is amazing. I can't believe no one has tried this sooner!!

08-12-09 02:14 PM
    This seems to support the argument that they are identical. Not only based on the fact that the "same OS gives different results" for you, but if you look at EVERY thread about new beta OS's, you have some people who say the battery life is great, some say it's terrible. Some say memory leaks, some say no problem whatsoever. Some say it's fast, some say it's slow.

It's no wonder when preconditioned with the idea that there are actually some differences between the same OS builds (despite hard evidence of them being identical), that people have different results...conceived in their mind or because of some variable that they do not account for...or just something went wrong during the install.

I have also tried all 3 in an attempt to prove myself wrong and yet I could not find any noticable difference between them. Your task, and the task of others who disagree, is to explain how it's possible that you could have drastically different results when the files that are installed to your phone have been PROVEN to be identical by a binary comparison.

It appears that people would rather ignore the facts and believe in some cosmic phenomena occuring that perhaps has installed better karma into one version or the other.

I for one, would love to get a factual statement explaining why it's possible that they're different.
    your so called "factual" statement's and "proof" doesn't explain the variances in memory. after wiping with jlcder and installing each different OS. with NO usage whatsoever there are major differences in memory. why would we have to prove WHY it's there? can you explain why there is such a difference if all three versions are exactly the same in every single way? and are the details shown in the memory screen on the phone itself just a figment of people's imaginations? I'm not talking about the subjective things like battery life which lasted someone 5mins longer, or pictures loading 2 seconds faster on 1 OS comparing to another. I'm just talking about the differences in memory.
    I's all well and good to say the stats are "conceived in their mind" but when it's actual figures shown in the phone is that conceived in the phone's mind or a mirage too?
    08-12-09 07:24 PM
    your so called "factual" statement's and "proof" doesn't explain the variances in memory. after wiping with jlcder and installing each different OS. with NO usage whatsoever there are major differences in memory. why would we have to prove WHY it's there? can you explain why there is such a difference if all three versions are exactly the same in every single way? and are the details shown in the memory screen on the phone itself just a figment of people's imaginations? I'm not talking about the subjective things like battery life which lasted someone 5mins longer, or pictures loading 2 seconds faster on 1 OS comparing to another. I'm just talking about the differences in memory.
    I's all well and good to say the stats are "conceived in their mind" but when it's actual figures shown in the phone is that conceived in the phone's mind or a mirage too?
    I welcome you to speculate as to what's causing the memory differences you believe you're seeing. I saw no difference when I tried all 3.

Surely it's not the identical files you're installing to your phone.
    08-12-09 08:39 PM
    Hey Icohen999,

Interesting concept - can you provide instructions on how one creates a hybrid of the 3 .282 versions?
    08-13-09 10:38 PM
    Hey Icohen999,

Interesting concept - can you provide instructions on how one creates a hybrid of the 3 .282 versions?
    I was kidding.

Making a hybrid of three version which are exactly the same would be as redundant as mixed a Aquafina and Dasani water together and calling it SUPER WATER!

Thanks for biting though, I needed a good one today!
    08-14-09 01:11 PM
    I did a clean wipe using BBSAK and installed Rogers' .282 and having NO issues with battery. Great 3G also!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    what is BBSAK? and how do i find it?
    08-14-09 02:01 PM
    How do you know if you have a memory leak I currently have the Rogers .282?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 03:34 PM
    what is BBSAK? and how do i find it?
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife.

How do you know if you have a memory leak I currently have the Rogers .282?
    Restart your phone and note your memory. After using the device for a while check again and see how far you've dropped (make sure you close any open apps).
    08-17-09 10:23 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD