Can we expect it before or after it is released to carriers?

With UMA or without?

&

How long before localized keyboard languages on the hardware (arabic?)

I know no one has any real answers, but im hoping someone would have a good idea from the BOLD9000 release
    08-13-09 08:41 AM
    If its on ATT you wont see no UMA calling even tho it supports it..ATT network is off limits to it..unless they upgrade they network..

Only T-Mobile supports the UMA

if you get it before its branded with a carrier logo it should still support UMA but only on t-mobile..Its like a Euro phone..they only get 3G on euro carriers not US we only get edge
    08-14-09 05:55 AM
    this will be interesting because there will be an unbranded version for the whole world, and possibly? one for Tmobile USA 3g only...which would be kind of silly to make unbranded anyway.
    08-14-09 09:11 AM
    If its on ATT you wont see no UMA calling even tho it supports it..ATT network is off limits to it..unless they upgrade they network..

Only T-Mobile supports the UMA

if you get it before its branded with a carrier logo it should still support UMA but only on t-mobile..Its like a Euro phone..they only get 3G on euro carriers not US we only get edge
    Even if you get a Unbranded device that doesn't mean it will support UMA...

T-Mobile 3G coverage available in 113 cities!

Here's the link...

The T-Mobile 3G network for the T-Mobile G1 phone with Google
    Last edited by Touchpro247; 08-14-09 at 09:26 AM.
    08-14-09 09:19 AM
    how did it work for the bold? released to carriers first then released unbranded and unlocked officially? then regionalized or what?
    08-14-09 05:46 PM
    There isnt really an official unbranded device. Its carrier branded though many carriers (EU especially) are unlocked in the box. UMA can be enabled on the device even if it is branded AT&T, but it must be on a UMA capable network, and have the UMA certificates.
    08-14-09 05:53 PM
    I'm guessing a Q1 2010 release to AT&T first. The ATT Onyx will have no UMA but other than that be the same as the TMO Driftwood. The TMO Driftwood will probably drop less than a month later or like the Tour, be released on the same day. I'm really hoping for that to happen and I can't wait for the pre-release unboxing video from noah.
    08-14-09 06:03 PM
    There isnt really an official unbranded device. Its carrier branded though many carriers (EU especially) are unlocked in the box. UMA can be enabled on the device even if it is branded AT&T, but it must be on a UMA capable network, and have the UMA certificates.
    my bold is not tied to any carrier or have any carrier branding?!? it was unlocked in the box without any carrier branding?
    08-14-09 06:41 PM
    I am not saying that there are not devices that are unmarked/unbranded, but they are not as easy to get as people think. Most of the time its been debranded and has had the bottom cover changed.
    08-14-09 06:43 PM
    the keyboard is also english with arabic in yellow and red numbers... ??!?
    08-14-09 06:49 PM
    Excuse I'm being nave here, but I want to learn more about this. Can someone please tell me what is UNA or what it stands for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 07:20 PM
    Excuse I'm being nave here, but I want to learn more about this. Can someone please tell me what is UNA or what it stands for?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/what-uma-291041/
    08-14-09 10:12 PM
    Thanks. I meant UMA xD.

08-15-09 09:54 AM
    probably have to unlock it using somekind of softwares? or probably unlock it with pin number bought online?
    08-17-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD