I called and stated I wanted to order the 9900 and the rep said " okay the 9900 is our newest blackberry which laaunched today. Let me transfer you to place your order" I've now been on hold for over 55 minutes. When I called last night, I held for an hour to be told its not available.

I will post an update if I get to order it.

As a side note I'm convinced ATT is already taking over. Service has been terrible recently when I call them. I've never waited ten minutes and a handful of times this month its been half hours plus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 07:59 AM
    Shoot, at least they told you they have it for sale. I talked to six (that's 6) agents this morning and not one of them had Any idea that 9900 was announced today by T-Mobile.

Keep us posted on your status. I'll call again to try to get it.

08-17-11 08:28 AM
    That's probably because they still don't have the phone on their site lol...you guys are wasting your time. There is absolutely ZERO mention of this device on tmobile.com...
    08-17-11 08:38 AM
    it launches for the business customers on the 17th and regular customers on the 31st. there is a post cb
    08-17-11 08:41 AM
    That's probably because they still don't have the phone on their site lol...you guys are wasting your time. There is absolutely ZERO mention of this device on tmobile.com...
    You should do some searching on when the 9780 became available from T-Mobile with no mention at all, anywhere, yet people on this forum, including myself, called and had it shipped and delivered within a day.

This ALWAYS happens with RIM devices. Yes, ALWAYS. There is no rhyme or reason to why it happens, research the 9780 thread. You'll see some customer service agents knew the phone was available, processed and shipped orders. Other members on this forum were told it's not available from other rep's. It's a matter of who you get on the phone.

The first person I spoke to this morning specifically said it was available and launched today. I am willing to bet you will be able to get it from T-mobile customer service prior to the 31st.

Let us try and don't worry about what we spend our time on and try to have a positive attitude.
    blackberrymike21 likes this.
    08-17-11 08:42 AM
    Tried 3 or 4 different times this morning with no success -- flatly turned down each time. At least they're finally acknowledging that it exists though.

I actually got one of the reps to try and process an order for it, but she said she didn't receive an option to. Looks like it's going to take some creativity...
    08-17-11 08:53 AM
    I think you are missing the point hun, if it's not on T-Mobile's website, chances are most of the ***** reps have no clue about it. I'm quite aware of how it works as I ordered a 8900 during the "business release" as well but that was by pure luck. I don't need to "research", I'm quite aware of what I'm talking about!
    08-17-11 08:56 AM
    I think you are missing the point hun, if it's not on T-Mobile's website, chances are most of the ***** reps have no clue about it. I'm quite aware of how it works as I ordered a 8900 during the "business release" as well but that was by pure luck. I don't need to "research", I'm quite aware of what I'm talking about!
    I'm still waiting to hear some tips on how you were able to order this phone early!
    08-17-11 08:59 AM
    No luck for me either, I just tried to call to place an order. I was able to order the 9700 time during the "business release" back in '09 because I have some corporate discounts on my account and they allowed me to place the order. When I called in a few minutes ago the guy said he couldn't find it on either side, consumer or biz. I thought I'd try again later today and give it another shot.
    08-17-11 09:29 AM
    I called and stated I wanted to order the 9900 and the rep said " okay the 9900 is our newest blackberry which laaunched today. Let me transfer you to place your order" I've now been on hold for over 55 minutes. When I called last night, I held for an hour to be told its not available.

I will post an update if I get to order it.

As a side note I'm convinced ATT is already taking over. Service has been terrible recently when I call them. I've never waited ten minutes and a handful of times this month its been half hours plus.

Any luck for you?
    08-17-11 09:37 AM
    Any luck for you?
    I got a rep and I mentioned the 9900, they did their usual researching and said to me it's in there system but there is no stock, therefore I cannot place an order. I didn't bother mentioning business release, or anything else and just said thank you and hung up. I am going to try again around lunch time.
    08-17-11 09:42 AM
    I got a rep and I mentioned the 9900, they did their usual researching and said to me it's in there system but there is no stock, therefore I cannot place an order. I didn't bother mentioning business release, or anything else and just said thank you and hung up. I am going to try again around lunch time.
    I was thinking the same thing, maybe as the day progresses they'll get more info and the stock will update.
    08-17-11 09:45 AM
    No luck yet. It seems as though even if you somehow get a salesperson to sell it to you it probably isn't going to be in the system for upgrades until the 31st. Not good.
    08-17-11 11:05 AM
    08-17-11 11:23 AM
    Here's what someone posted in the comments section on the CB main article about the announcement;

UPDATE: Apparently the BlackBerry Bold 9900 is only available to business accounts that are adding additional line to their accounts or starting a new line of service. All upgrades will be held off until the 31st.

If indeed you do want to add a line, you must contact your local T-Mobile Business Class sales representative directly and they will place the order for you. Here is the link to find your local T-Mobile Business Class sales rep. [ Unsupported Browser ]

I finally contacted mines here in Atlanta, Georgia and this is the info that he gave me. I was also directed multiple times from customer care, and business care that I would indeed need to contact the local Business Class sales rep.
    08-17-11 11:30 AM
    On a side note. Is anyone else experiencing 45 minute to hour wait times when calling T-Mobile? It's crazy.
    08-17-11 11:31 AM
    Everyone is jamming up the hotlines! I luv it! I will try to place an order later on today.
    08-17-11 12:52 PM
    Anyone have any luck yet?

Gonna try again in about an hour.
    08-17-11 12:55 PM
    There has to be a loophole somewhere. Has anybody tried getting through to the Customer Loyalty Department yet? I've been with T-Mobile since '03 so I may as well give that route a try.
    08-17-11 02:07 PM
    There has to be a loophole somewhere. Has anybody tried getting through to the Customer Loyalty Department yet? I've been with T-Mobile since '03 so I may as well give that route a try.
    Dude you're gonna kill yourself trying to find the loophole. If something comes up great, but if not, 2 weeks is really not a long time to wait.
    08-17-11 02:10 PM
    Everyone hitting the T-Mobile page has brought it to it's knees! I doubt that's what is going on, but the T-Mo's website is completely dead in the water for me... lol
    08-17-11 02:32 PM
    Well I called twice today.. didn't have to be put on hold (thank god) but of course the reps say they know nothing about the phone and its not in their systems.

I'm not gonna bother calling anymore. Two weeks isn't that long and who knows maybe the price will drop after its released.

** Is it just me or is the customer service getting worse?
    08-17-11 03:17 PM
    I called twice yesterday morning with no luck. One of the reps didn't even know the device had been announced or was currently available in a pre-sale to business customers.

Anyone having any luck with placing an order?
    08-18-11 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD