i used to have uma on my 8320 upgraded my 9700 through orange running their firmware and when i only have wifi connected my uma signal no longer comes up. before it used to run perfect im using the same router only difference is another orange branded phone 9700

also even though mine isnt working at the moment if i were to upgrade to a leaked firmware or a non orange firmware would uma still work? or does it have to be an orange firmware you use?

thanks
    12-12-09 09:12 AM
    The Uma working is a little dodgy on the 9700, what firmware are you on, if its the 351 then it will only switch to uma from 2g mode, if its above that it should work fine.

Does not matter what firmware you download they are all the same, it basically checks the phone during the install and if its orange it installs the settings for certain things if its not it doesnt, you cant change that bit anyway so it will not matter what firmware you download orange aproved or not it should still work. thats why I have the problem, I have a non branded sim free version and thus it does not pick up the Orange originality of the phone and does not install the uma settings thus why I put them in manually.
    12-12-09 09:36 AM
    i used to have uma on my 8320 upgraded my 9700 through orange running their firmware and when i only have wifi connected my uma signal no longer comes up. before it used to run perfect im using the same router only difference is another orange branded phone 9700

also even though mine isnt working at the moment if i were to upgrade to a leaked firmware or a non orange firmware would uma still work? or does it have to be an orange firmware you use?

thanks
    Nope you would need to use an Orange branded firmware as it would be enabled in there.
    12-12-09 09:38 AM
    I would never say someone was wrong with information cause im far from an expert but my 8900 had every version of firmware and beta and even custom made installed on it and UMA worked straight off without problem becuase it was orange branded, so my answer would be if yours is orange branded it wont matter what firmware you use it should still work fine.
    12-12-09 09:42 AM
    yeah thats what i was thinking because im sure i still used to get uma on my other bb's when using leaked or other firmware. i was thinking of upgradfing my 9700 to the new leak but wasnt sure about the uma side of things. saying that though im not even getting uma on the firmware it was shipped with so ill probabaly give orange a call see if they can help
    12-12-09 10:11 AM
    so ill probabaly give orange a call see if they can help
    Good luck, with any luck you might get someone knowledgeable in the bb department that also knows about UMA though i doubt it.

If your still stuck later drop me a pm with your pin and ill try to help you but im out for a couple hours shortly.
    12-12-09 10:22 AM

thanks
    Tinyk, thanks for the reply...my issue as above with kaz. Was 8320, now 9700, both Orange branded, everything else the same, just no longer shows uma when connected to the network
    12-12-09 05:16 PM
    I've got the same problem with 2 x 9700's.

The people concerned had no issues with UMA on their previous devices (8900 & 8120).

Now although the Wi-Fi works fine UMA fails.
    They've tried it in various locations with different ADSL providers with the same result.

I've escalted this to Orange and they have now involved RIM.

As soon as I get an update i'll post it here.
    12-15-09 05:54 AM
    I too had a problem with my 9700 but found that as my device was unbranded it didn't have the server details, quick search on here found them.

Display Name: Factory provisioning
    UMA Protocol version: UMA v. 1.0.3
    Provisioning UNC address: unc.singlephone.orange.co.uk
    Provisioning UNC port: 14001
    Provisioning SEGW address: singlephone.orange.co.uk
    SEGW cert: Equifax Secure Cert (public key type RSA 1024)

However you need to enter these via the engineering screen, as RIM is forcing sites down that offer it, PM and I'll send you a link to one that's still up.
    12-15-09 06:20 AM
    Hmm. I am feeling slightly reluctant to switch from my 9000 on T mobile to the 9700 on Orange if accessing UMA is troublesome or intermittent...(as this would be the main reason for the move to use UMA).
    12-15-09 02:26 PM
    Nope you would need to use an Orange branded firmware as it would be enabled in there.
    Not true... I now have the 5.0.0.411 leak - UMA no prob, same as when I was running Tmo Italy 4.6.1.250...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 02:53 PM
    I switched from ATT to TMobile because no wireless signal is decent in my home office but UMA allows me to send and receive calls perfectly using my WiFi. Or at least that was what worked for months without a problem, but for the last few days UMA has been dropping out completely - I thought it was my router losing the signal but probably .411 has something to do with it as I recently upgraded. Someone else here reported UMA problems with .348 so I will go back to my last happy version, .314, and see if that is the cure.

As for using UMA overseas, I visited my daughter in Barcelona and kept my radio completely off for two weeks, using only WiFi and UMA where available with no problems and God knows what service providers. No charges.
    12-15-09 03:30 PM
    Tinyk, thanks for the reply...my issue as above with kaz. Was 8320, now 9700, both Orange branded, everything else the same, just no longer shows uma when connected to the network
    No idea why, but all working now and showing 'uma'...
    12-15-09 03:37 PM
    just an update from mine just randomly on mine and my friends phones from orange our 9700 now show uma must of been something orange have done. Im also using the latest leak OS so this will work on other OS's even if not released by orange
    12-16-09 05:37 PM
    TinyK,
    Not sure if you have seen it yet, but there is now a local version of the engineering screen unlocker, runs on your pc. Link is here RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting get it before its gone. Tested by me and a few others and it works a treat.

Regards
    lee
    12-21-09 05:26 AM
    Thanks for that I have grabbed that, any idea why it does not run on 7, is it only meant for XP or should I be doing something diffrent? running main file does not seem to work.

Thanks
    12-21-09 05:36 AM
    thanks for this TinyK
    12-21-09 05:59 AM
    running main file is fine for me under XP, not sure about the other, not tried it
    12-21-09 06:22 AM
    have you tried compatability mode on 7?
    12-21-09 06:49 AM
    from Snatch 2266 thanks for this TinyK
    ?? did I miss something ? lol
    12-21-09 08:21 AM
    Nope getting unable to locate suitable runtime enviroment on this machine, on xp getting a similar java error

I'm guessing you just run bbesunlocker.exe ?

Have even tried extracting the internal files to see if they were needed.

Any help apreciated would love to have this as a backup working
    12-21-09 01:57 PM
    Very strange but works fine on my home pc running 7, must be lacking some java stuff on the other machines, not to worry so long as it works on one
    12-21-09 02:38 PM
    Hmmm,

I'm in a pickle... I have an Orange branded device and tried to activate UMA - nada Had a nosey in the engineering menu and added the reccommended settings anyway (even though the pre-installed options use a different UMA codec to the 1.0.3 reccommended... Still not getting any uma in network bit Any ideas?
    01-12-10 11:03 PM
    I upgraded from 5.0.0.321 to 5.0.0.423 and now on 5.0.0.442.

Orange UK UMA worked on .321, but failed on .423 and .442

I entered the settings correctly into the engineering menu as I did with .321.

Any ideas? I'll try it on another internet connection today (3rd place) at a public mcdonalds hotspot. I love UMA and really hope to get it going again :/

Diagnostics say ISP or network error.

I use:

unc.singlephone.orange.co.uk with the default port
    and singlephone.orange.co.uk

Equifax Secure Cert Authority certificate.

Tried UMA 1.0.3 and 1.0.4
    01-23-10 05:04 AM
    I have no idea why its not working I went from 423 to 442 yesterday on both mine and the wifes phone input exactly the same details and they are both working fine on UMA infact I find they switch over even better now. I always do one phone first and check it works save having to downgrade two.

It must be a setting or a misstype check it again.

Kev

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 05:08 AM
124 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD