For the first time today and I've been in wireless coverage both at home and at work I have UMA and I can testify that I have UMA with bluetooth on.

It's a pretty buggy system sometimes, especially as I get a very poor signal and sometimes no signal at all at home, but as everytime I've successfully had UMA I've had bluetooth on while running the stock os, .442 and .545 I'm sure bluetooth has little to do with whether or not you get UMA.
    03-27-10 07:55 PM
    After all that reading, googling and other posts, care to share how you changed the UMA settings? I've picked up a 9700 through Vodafone and want to give it a wack, with a little help on the backend. Any assistance would be most appreciated.
    hi ive noticed you managed to get your uma working on you phone, ive got a 9700 bold on a 02 and my network is orange. just wondering if you could help me in getting into the engineering screen to activate this option. thanks in advance.
    thank you.
    03-31-10 05:52 PM
    Ok here is the how to, first off you need to get into the engineering screen, thats covered elsewhere on the forums so i wont get into that and I know you have got this done already but wanted to cover it for the others that may attempt this.

Now I've done this twice on two phones now and its worked fine but I take no responsibility for it what sover, any changes in the engineering screen are down to you, some stuff can screw your phone so dont go messing with anything you dont understand.

1/ Get to the engineering main screen
    2/ click mobile network enginnering screens
    3/ click Utilities
    4/ Click Session Manager
    5/ hit blackberry key and select UMA Options
    6/ Hit Blackberry key and New
    7/ Display name = Factory Provisions
    8/ Operator name = Orange
    9/ UMA Protocol = UMA V 1.0.3 (this is defaulty any way)
    10/ Take tick out of use default UNC address
    11/ Enter UNC address 'unc.singlephone.orange.co.uk'
    12/ Provisioning UNC port '14001' think that's default anyway
    13/ Take tick out of box for use default provisioning SEGW Address
    14/ Enter SEGW address 'singlephone.orange.co.uk'
    15/ SEGW certificate select 'Equifax Secure Certificate Authority'
    16/ Hit blackberry key and select save
    17/ come out of engineering screen and go to options Mobile Network, here you should have a new item 'Connection Preference' select either Wifi preferred or mobile network prefered, save changes and come back to home screen do a battery pull.

You then you should have UMA connection. It is still buggy as **** though and connects when it wants to, you may also have to leave it connected to wifi for a while before it connects but after the first time its easier.

Edit, Every time you put on a new firmware you loose any changes made in engineering screen and will have to do this again.
    hi just wondering if you can help me im struggling to access the engineer screen to change my settings to orange settings you've posted above, you can call me on 07967 559 445 0r pm id really appreciate your help
    thank you.
    03-31-10 06:09 PM
    Navigate your way to Zibri's Blog, you will find how to access the engineering screen there.

I have a question of my own...I have follwed the instruction and all seems ok except on my 8900 that is Orange UK branded i have a small green triangle before 'Orange' on the homescreen when i had UMA active. On my Bold 9700, i dont have the green triangle just 'UMA' next to in caps next to the signal meter.

Is this correct?

Thanks
    05-16-10 02:53 PM
    I agree I have found bluetooth to have no effect on UMA at all.

If you want UMA to work at its best then change the network from both to 2G only, I found that made it 99% good.

Some firware behaves better than others with UMA I've found 545 to be pretty good compared to some that have come out.
    Hi

I have Vodafone branded BB 9700 it is unlocked and successfully activated on Orange.

I Can not activate engineering screen

alt+left shift + h

I have entered into this unlocking program

PIN: my pin
    app: version : 5.0.0.656 (1111) (this entered is exactly )
    uptime:563 sec

getting the code

and just typing it in into the screen using alt and shift when required. - nothing happening!!!!

What am I doing wrong
    06-17-10 03:55 PM
    Anyone tried changing the UMA protocol to something else? Does it help/change anything?....
    07-24-10 09:26 AM
    Anyone tried changing the UMA protocol to something else? Does it help/change anything?....
    Yes, I have changed my UMA Protocol to v. 1.0.4 and this seems to work great. Always connects within a few seconds. The only thing is, if the device is restarted, the protocol reverts back to the default 1.0.3. I don't know why it does this or how to prevent it.

-ste
    07-24-10 11:33 AM
    I've just tried changing mine to v1.0.4 and it doesn't work so I've switched back. I'm on Orange UK with a 9700 with the latest OS.
    07-24-10 12:37 PM
    Hello,

I have just joined Orange on a sim only deal with my unbranded 9700. I've followed the instructions from Tinyk and can get UMA to a point. I have Mobile Network Options set to "wifi preferred" in the Connection Preference, but when I connect to a wireless connection it still stays on 3G. What I need to do to get on UMA is untick Mobile Network and Wifi, and then turn Wifi back on again.

Bit of a nuisance. Any way this can be better?
    10-01-10 12:44 PM
    It's something to do with the handoff from 3G to UMA. I find that happens to me a lot but if I put it in 2G mode the it'll hand off to UMA as soon as it connects to Wi-Fi
    10-01-10 01:07 PM
    @Mark-d

Yeah I've just realised this. Bloody annoying
    10-01-10 01:13 PM
    Changing the UMA protocol to 1.0.4 seems to fix that 3G to UMA problem, but someone above has said that it resets to 1.0.3 if you restart your phone.
    10-01-10 01:15 PM
    Changing the UMA protocol to 1.0.4 seems to fix that 3G to UMA problem, but someone above has said that it resets to 1.0.3 if you restart your phone.
    Not all blackberries are the same. Maybe it's just there's. If it does revert, just change it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 01:24 PM
    Not all blackberries are the same. Maybe it's just there's. If it does revert, just change it back.

A battery pull is seeing mine revert back to UMA v. 1.0.3...Grrr. Shame it won't just stay that way, save everyone a lot of bother.
    10-01-10 05:35 PM
    With T-Mobile UK now allowing its customers onto the Orange network, are they able to access UMA too?
    10-05-10 02:39 PM
    Its not Orange its the dicks at carphone warehouse they only sell unbranded phones which come with no support or settings and orange won't help either unless it is orange branded

Hahahha nobody called me a **** for selling unbranded phone in cpw before...
    People are always happy that they can switch sim cards
    12-20-10 02:33 AM
    Tinyk thank You very Much for the settings, work like a charm

happy bb9300 user
    12-20-10 02:35 AM
    Well blow me.... I have UMA again.

Had to enter the setting manually via the escreen, inputted the options for Orange UK from here, did a battery pull and hey presto, it's working again.

Thank you for all your help.
    01-18-11 01:07 PM
    woooo ive got uma again silly me forgot to put in the 2nd singlephone (numpty)
    thank god for crackberry
    phoned orange and they where no use saying i bought it in 4phoneu so its not supported
    02-22-11 04:18 PM
    It's something to do with the handoff from 3G to UMA. I find that happens to me a lot but if I put it in 2G mode the it'll hand off to UMA as soon as it connects to Wi-Fi
    I found that an unbranded Pearl 9105 that I hacked for UMA would only switch from 2G to UMA. When I swapped it for an Orange branded one, that goes from 3G to UMA quite happily.
    05-03-11 04:12 PM
    N .... all seems ok except on my 8900 that is Orange UK branded i have a small green triangle before 'Orange' on the homescreen when i had UMA active. On my Bold 9700, i dont have the green triangle just 'UMA' next to in caps next to the signal meter.

Is this correct?

Thanks
    yes, the Orange firmware must add that feature. It's actually a little house shaped icon. On my Pearl I get:

Green icon - connected to UMA
    Red icon - connected to wifi but not UMA
    White icon - wifi in range but not connected (hence no UMA).

The white one is a bit hit and miss, I often have it when there's no sign of wifi (middle of fields, for example). In principle, it should disappear if there's no wifi available.
    05-03-11 04:19 PM
    With T-Mobile UK now allowing its customers onto the Orange network, are they able to access UMA too?
    Orange support told me they would but I got the impression it is not going to be soon.
    05-03-11 04:21 PM
    Hello,

My daughter has been given an 8520 and it is Orange UK branded. We have got a free o2 BB sim and want to use that for her however we need a unlock code (I have discovered that much).

I thought I found a site. It showed step by easy step but when I went to their website it wanted to charge for the code.

Can anyone help on this instance so I can unlock it and she can be away with the BB Fairies ?

Thank you
    08-04-11 02:55 PM
    Hello,

My daughter has been given an 8520 and it is Orange UK branded. We have got a free o2 BB sim and want to use that for her however we need a unlock code (I have discovered that much).

I thought I found a site. It showed step by easy step but when I went to their website it wanted to charge for the code.

Can anyone help on this instance so I can unlock it and she can be away with the BB Fairies ?

Thank you
    Go here! http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-unlocking-f157/

08-04-11 04:46 PM
124 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD