so is there an option to transfer contacts to sin in OS 5?

if not is there ever gonna be one?
    12-16-09 11:13 PM
    You know, I looked for this a long time ago. I never found an answer.

I know you can transfer contacts from the SIM to the address book, but not vise versa. I hope there is a way.
    12-16-09 11:20 PM
    well as far as i know theres 2 ways
    the slow way transfer one by one
    and the also slow way that requires a PC. to use desktop manager and back them up and transfer to new phone.

theres no option to select all and merge with sim phonebook
    wonder if RIM is listening lol cuz that would be grrrrrreat!!!
    12-16-09 11:30 PM
    you have to do it one at a time, much faster to use DM, if you ever need to replace your SIM you will be happy to have DM
    12-16-09 11:33 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=386728

Here is a thread from some CB members that says you can only do it one at a time.
    12-16-09 11:35 PM
    Only one by one as far as I know.
    12-16-09 11:38 PM
    A SIM card is only able to hold 1 number for each name. So all the other info will not be stored. Also, I think it's something like 250 contacts is all they can hold. Someone said on here before that you can have more info on one contact in the BB address book than a SIM card will hold.

So what was said above is the best way to save contacts, by creating a backup file in DM. Google Sync among a couple others are able to wirelessly sync contacts if that's what your looking for.
    12-16-09 11:57 PM
    yes the device has much more info for the contacts but what if you are switching to a different phone non BB.
    or your phone is busted and you cant connect to a PC...
    lets hope and wait and wait and wait
    12-17-09 01:52 PM
    Also, I think it's something like 250 contacts is all they can hold.
    That is correct...
    12-17-09 01:54 PM
    yes the device has much more info for the contacts but what if you are switching to a different phone non BB.
    or your phone is busted and you cant connect to a PC...
    lets hope and wait and wait and wait
    Well, all phones that have been made in the past many years are able to store more than 1 number per contact (mobile, work, home). So if you just put the SIM in a different phone, you will still need to contact that person to get their other numbers. What if you have more than 250 contacts? Also, every carrier has some form of a way to transfer contacts from phone to phone when you get a new one, or change it for a different one.

Storing contacts on a SIM card is so last millennium technolgy, get over it, there are so many better ways of backing up contacts.
    12-17-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD