I have a Bold 9780 and having issues with the trackball. It started acting up 2 days ago.....I don't know how to take this sort of trackball apart to clean it, if that is needed.

I already did the option choice for the level of sensitivity on horizontal/vertical and nothing seems to help. (it is set to 50 on both currently) When I am on bbim or any other apps, and web, the slightest touch it will send a picture to somebody, want to reply right away when I open an email, when I slightly click on the smilies it will automatically insert a when I do and you can just imagine how annoying it is to try to get on FB (app not web) and it will go back to back to the main page when you try to do pretty much anything!!

Can somebody help me on this annoying issue, or experiencing the same issues?
    07-24-11 09:22 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

I hope it is not a hardware problem. How old is the device? Could you take it back if you need to?

What version of the OS are you running? It could be one of the buggy early versions. I suggest you try updating to .600 and see if the issues stop.
    BarberBabe7 likes this.
    07-24-11 09:34 PM
    diegonei,

Thanks, I am hoping the forums can help me now and in the future!
    I got this phone Nov/Dec of last year.....I did not get insurance on it, so I would have to get a new one (I think), if it is the hardware, no? :/

How do I find the OS version? I went to Device, then About Device Versions....and find tons of info, obviously! lol It is showing 6.0 Bundle 1879 (v6.0.0.448, Platform 6.5.0.136 Does this help?
    07-24-11 09:43 PM
    Did you buy the 9780 from your carrier? If so, you have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty regardless if you didn't buy the insurance.

I don't now which carrier you're with. I have .448 on my 9780 and my trackpad is fine. It can be a bit sensitive at times compared to the 9700 I used to have. I'm guessing it might be a hardware issue. I think the .600 OS is an unofficial software which you will have to download from CB. I could be wrong.

Welcome to the forums.
    07-25-11 12:05 AM
    diegonei,

Thanks, I am hoping the forums can help me now and in the future!
    I got this phone Nov/Dec of last year.....I did not get insurance on it, so I would have to get a new one (I think), if it is the hardware, no? :/

Only in worst case scenarios. The trackpad itself can be replaced, it is not exactly difficult (althou I only crack a berry -pun intended- as a last resort). Youtube has plenty videos on how to do it (9780/9700).

How do I find the OS version? I went to Device, then About Device Versions....and find tons of info, obviously! lol It is showing 6.0 Bundle 1879 (v6.0.0.448, Platform 6.5.0.136 Does this help?

It does. 6.0.0.448 is your OS version. Update to .600. All version prior to .480 had quirks and bugs all over he place. With a lil luck, his will solve the problem.
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader

Latest Official 9780 OS 6.0.0.600 from Vodafone DE (All Languages)

I think the .600 OS is an unofficial software which you will have to download from CB. I could be wrong.
    It has gone official. If you don't have it, consider updating too. ^^
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-25-11 at 12:40 AM.
    07-25-11 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD