As I understand it, there are at least three types of update which users can receive from their operators, some of which actually have to be requested first, while other arrive automatically.

Firstly we have SIM updates, which I presume are different to Service Books, and then finally there are Operating System (OS) updates.

Is there anywhere which explains these in more detail, as I am still not 100% sure exactly what does what, and also which ones are essential and which aren't?

I do appreciate that OS updates don't actually have to be applied, but it does look as if if a few more will still be necessary to enable the Bold to reach its full potential, and to overcome the current browser issues.
    08-31-08 11:57 AM
    Full OS updates are a ways off. It will more so be updates of certain features, functions, browser updates, etc. I wouldn't expect a full update such as going from .134 to .138 or something like that.
    08-31-08 12:02 PM
    IF I understood the OS 4.5 specs correctly a full OS upgrade can be done today for BES users OTA. If I were a BES manager I would think twice before doing this to say, 500 phones overnight. Can you imagine the chaos the next day if it failed? New job time, maybe....
    08-31-08 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD