06-25-09 11:13 PM
87 1234
tools
  1. UN4GTBL's Avatar
    Sign me up!

    I hope its out before December on Rogers though!
    06-01-09 09:27 AM
  2. Jeffdc5's Avatar
    I love the look of this thing but it doesn't offer anything new that my bold doesn't have I'm going to have to decide if I should get this or hold on to my bold and wait for the magnum...
    06-01-09 12:14 PM
  3. scythe224's Avatar
    is this phone coming to Tmobile i wanna get it, if it is i have the 8900 i love and this would complete my collection for a while
    06-01-09 01:55 PM
  4. ucsdgirl04's Avatar
    This is what I'm holding out for. I like the trackball..but I haven't known anything else.

    But I will definitely be getting this. I love my 8320 but I am looking forward to something different (with more memory!!)

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ucsdgirl04; 06-01-09 at 04:27 PM.
    06-01-09 02:10 PM
  5. ferrumcampitor's Avatar
    Me too. Gonna stick it out with my little Curve and hope that the Onyx (love the name!) is released not long after I'm eligible for my upgrade. "Looking good Lewis!"
    06-01-09 04:40 PM
  6. JPW1's Avatar
    So when is the current speculated release date for the Onyx?
    06-01-09 05:13 PM
  7. BuesinessTime's Avatar
    I think the rumor is later this year, maybe around Christmas.
    That would be amazing.
    06-02-09 03:55 AM
  8. JPW1's Avatar
    I think the rumor is later this year, maybe around Christmas.
    That would be amazing.
    But I need it now!

    All kidding aside does anyone know how AT&T's upgrade policy works? I do need to get something now so I guess I might get the BOLD and then upgrade to the ONYX once it comes out. Would I simply just have to pay the 2-year contract price for the ONYX and then have my contract extended to 2 years from that date? Are there any other hidden costs that AT&T has in a process like this?
    06-02-09 07:49 AM
  9. BuesinessTime's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat haha.
    I need something to hold me over until then.
    I think getting another BB before would end up being a lot more money if you got both.
    I think if you got the Bold you would have to sign the 2 year agreement (which is the killer part, IMO) and then if you wanted to get the Onyx right when it comes out you might have to pay full retail.
    I don't know all this contract mombo-jumbo, so I'm not too sure.
    06-02-09 08:34 AM
  10. AdvantsTrade's Avatar
    But I need it now!

    All kidding aside does anyone know how AT&T's upgrade policy works? I do need to get something now so I guess I might get the BOLD and then upgrade to the ONYX once it comes out. Would I simply just have to pay the 2-year contract price for the ONYX and then have my contract extended to 2 years from that date? Are there any other hidden costs that AT&T has in a process like this?
    yea if you were to sign a 2 year contract you will be stuck for at least 18 months. In the event you pass a year with that contract you signed then you are eligible for whats called an early exception upgrade which is the 2 year price plus $75. If not then its true you will pay full price for the onyx.
    06-02-09 09:22 AM
  11. BuesinessTime's Avatar
    That's the pickle I'm in now.
    I'm moving back to the US and I need a new phone.
    Well if I get a BB right now I have to wait 2 years to get another one.
    If I wait then I have to use a crappy pay-as-you-go phone.
    The situation sucks.
    06-02-09 09:25 AM
  12. ferrumcampitor's Avatar
    I have ATT and after a year of your 2 year contract you are usually eligible for an upgrade at whatever $X.XX + 2 yr contract price they are offering on the phone which is usually pretty good. So every year I sign a new two year contract. Makes sense right? Whatever. They get their warm fuzzy of having me wrapped up for 2 years and I get a new phone and the latest contract upgrade every year. Works for me.
    06-02-09 09:37 AM
  13. ferrumcampitor's Avatar
    Is there any green tea in this waiting room? All I see is half burnt coffee...

    06-02-09 09:38 AM
  14. islandgal808's Avatar
    Onyx, Pluto or Magnum?? that is the question....
    06-02-09 12:37 PM
  15. BuesinessTime's Avatar
    Personally I'm not a huge fan of touch screen.
    I've been using an iPhone since they first came out and I'm a bit sick of it.
    06-02-09 07:52 PM
  16. godofdeath's Avatar
    Personally I'm not a huge fan of touch screen.
    I've been using an iPhone since they first came out and I'm a bit sick of it.
    think more palm phone like
    hope no stylus
    06-02-09 10:21 PM
  17. KurtisBertolami's Avatar
    To ask the question that someone else asked and it wasn't answered... Will T-Mobile USA be getting the onyx?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 01:17 AM
  18. BuesinessTime's Avatar
    Onyx is AT&T.
    Driftwood, which we haven't seen yet, is heading to T-Mobile.
    It's similar to the Onyx, just runs a different radio set that works with TMO.
    06-03-09 02:23 AM
  19. gregerator's Avatar
    That's the pickle I'm in now.
    I'm moving back to the US and I need a new phone.
    Well if I get a BB right now I have to wait 2 years to get another one.
    If I wait then I have to use a crappy pay-as-you-go phone.
    The situation sucks.
    Get the Tmo pay as you go Pearl II.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 03:31 PM
  20. Stavron's Avatar
    yea if you were to sign a 2 year contract you will be stuck for at least 18 months. In the event you pass a year with that contract you signed then you are eligible for whats called an early exception upgrade which is the 2 year price plus $75. If not then its true you will pay full price for the onyx.
    I get devices at the 2 year agreement price without having to do the mail in rebate through my company. If I do that do I have to extend my contract or is that just the price I pay for devices in general? To stay on topic I only ask because I was going to get the Bold now but if I can't upgrade till next year I will just wait for the end of the year and make my choice of the Xmas BBs coming out.
    06-03-09 04:54 PM
  21. BuesinessTime's Avatar
    I think you wouldn't be able to get it unless you pay full price if you sign an agreement right now.
    I think the rule is 17 months into the contract you are eligible for an upgrade, so you might just want to wait.
    06-03-09 08:22 PM
  22. xenon_art's Avatar
    count me to waiting list too.
    06-04-09 02:26 PM
  23. Stavron's Avatar
    yeah im sure i will just wait. my curve is starting to frustrate me but i can probably hold off. plus im actually waiting for the magnum or pluto to see what they have in store and im sure we will know much more about them once the onyx is released so i can make my final decision then. unless my curve decides otherwise.
    06-05-09 12:15 AM
  24. HIGHLANDER's Avatar
    Hi guys,which usa carriers are gsm and which are cdma as you all seem to have a hard time being tied into longterm contracts with carriers which either have poor service,or are not offering the handset you really want.
    Over here (uk) as we are gsm I have a monthly sim card which i am only tied into for a rolling monthly contract and have the BIS bolt on for data package,so basically i can give a months notice and walk away to a better deal.Yes all my berrys i buy outright (javelin,bold,flip,storm.8320) on e bay but always hold out for a bargain and it gives me the freedom of choice then to choose any carrier.I usually swap handsets every couple weeks to get the best of everything,,i am really surprised this type of option is not more used by yourselves or is it just not feasible?.
    I will be scouring e bay after the onyx is launched and hold out aslong as i can to get a desent price.

    Highlander
    06-09-09 12:24 PM
  25. md12's Avatar
    the onyx WILL have a trackpad, and a similar keyboard to the tours.
    06-09-09 12:28 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD