Hate to be a heretic, but the reason I haven't gone for a Bold already is that I don't like the design.

It's too wide for my pocket, the faux leather is passe and the use of chrome in this instance is a little garish. That's my opinion of course, and you are more than welcome to disagree.

I like the understatement of the Onyx...

Everything you stated is the actual reason I LOVE the bold. The faux leather backing is amazing. You know how easily it is to scratch the backing of gloss/plastic compared to this? Plus, it just feels right in my hand. The curve was way too small for me and I didn't like the keyboard.

I'm glad the Onyx keyboard is based off the Bold one, though I'd have to hold the Onyx in my hand to see how it is.

But for me, there isn't any logical reason to step up to get the Onyx anytime soon. I have my $800.00 SLR camera for pictures and so do not care about the 3.2 mp camera. The only other benefit I see is the increased 256 mb internal ram. It's supposedly a new processor but no specs have come out as to whether it's higher than the Bold's etc... And the screen has the same pixels as the curve 8900 and you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between the Bold/curve 8900 screen.
    06-21-09 11:49 PM
    Is there an extra seat in the waiting room here? I'm a patient man, and a satisfied Bold owner; but can't help but be excited about this release!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 12:30 AM
    Everything you stated is the actual reason I LOVE the bold. The faux leather backing is amazing. You know how easily it is to scratch the backing of gloss/plastic compared to this? Plus, it just feels right in my hand. The curve was way too small for me and I didn't like the keyboard.

I'm glad the Onyx keyboard is based off the Bold one, though I'd have to hold the Onyx in my hand to see how it is.

But for me, there isn't any logical reason to step up to get the Onyx anytime soon. I have my $800.00 SLR camera for pictures and so do not care about the 3.2 mp camera. The only other benefit I see is the increased 256 mb internal ram. It's supposedly a new processor but no specs have come out as to whether it's higher than the Bold's etc... And the screen has the same pixels as the curve 8900 and you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between the Bold/curve 8900 screen.

i too have a nice DSLR, but i dont carry it with me 24/7 like my BB - a nicer camera is always welcome for me, so i can get some decent pictures on the fly.
    06-22-09 08:48 AM
    I guess I will pull up a chair and kick my feet up. I am very happy with the Bold but this is worth a look see.
    06-22-09 11:34 AM
    ugh no patience bout to kill u all in the room lol
    06-22-09 10:22 PM
    So is there still no release date for this, Im guessing its supposed to come by the late 3Q/early 4Q?
    06-23-09 10:20 PM
    I hope it comes soon (or announced properly) because my poor little 8100 pearl is huffing and puffing on its way to the finish line. Trying to make it last as long as I can
    06-23-09 11:01 PM
    Old school curve - holding on, wanting the Onyx...Curve getting less and less reliable. C'mon...when already?
    06-25-09 01:43 PM
    I need just ONE BlackBerry that has 3g, wi-fi, and can multi-task. I can't wait for the Onyx, it looks very much more appealing than the current Bold!!! Save a seat for me.
    06-25-09 03:28 PM
    I don't care if there is only standing room left, I'll gladly do it standing on my head! While I truly love my bold I am ready willing and able to pay the retail price whatever it is! I really hope that it really does come out in september but then again I don't mind waiting for a good product with more importantly an OS that is worth a damn.

06-25-09 05:28 PM
    I love my 8900 with the 5.0.0.100 OS. That's right 5.0 OS! But Onyx/Driftwood would satisfy my hunger for a long time. I just hope T-Mobile expands their 3G network fast. Anybody have any information on T-Mobile and their 3G Network?

06-25-09 08:43 PM
    I'll get one as soon as it comes out. Just like my Bold and 8900...
    Both unlocked Roger's phones. Can't wait for this one.
    Gonna play with my friends Tour tomorrow just to get a feel of the new format...
    Cheers,
    Todd
    06-25-09 10:13 PM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD