Well I figured a few other devices had these types of threads so we should have one too.
    I am SO anxious to learn more about this device.
    What are you most excited about that the Onyx has to offer?
    Do you want it to have an optical trackpad or the trackball?
    When do you guys think it will drop and what changes do you think RIM will make in the meantime?
    05-30-09 09:29 PM
    I also can't wait to see when this thing will be released. I'm glad it will have the Bold-like keypad. I'm really curious to see how people like the optical trackpad on the Gemini. I'm hoping it will work well and be added to the Onyx. It would be cool to also have the 7.2 mbps speed. So far it sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear more about it from CX in the future!
    05-30-09 09:44 PM
    I read where the only difference between the Tour keypad and the Onyx is the bottom row is a little smaller, which is fine by me.

Personally I'm a little skeptical of the optical pad, people that have used it say they love it but I don't know yet.

As far as I know it will have the 7.2 MBPs on AT&T, which sounds amazing!
    05-30-09 09:49 PM
    the shape and size of this phone is a beauty. the onyx has all the qualities that the bold was missing. i never have tried an optical trackpad on a phone before. i hope it drops sooner than later. but we are looking at a fall release date somewhere near september-december timeframe.

magnum vs onyx- a match that i am looking forward too and will decide which one is the predecessor to my trusty bold.
    05-30-09 09:56 PM
    the shape and size of this phone is a beauty. the onyx has all the qualities that the bold was missing. i never have tried an optical trackpad on a phone before. i hope it drops sooner than later. but we are looking at a fall release date somewhere near september-december timeframe.

magnum vs onyx- a match that i am looking forward too and will decide which one is the predecessor to my trusty bold.
    I definitely want to hear more about the Magnum as well. I thought we were supposed to get some pictures of it last week. Hopefully soon. I love my 8900 but I really want the 3G for voice and data.
    05-30-09 10:01 PM
    The Magnum sounds interesting but I'm kind of sick of touchscreen phones.
    05-30-09 10:15 PM
    rim is making it real hard for folks like us to keep a phone for a long duration. the next 12 months of releases, which rim plans on doing, is going to drive people insane.
    05-30-09 10:33 PM
    Yeah it's going to drive me insane, I just want to decide on my first one!
    05-30-09 10:39 PM
    I'm skeptical about the trackpad as well. To me, I really can't find any faults in the RIM trackballs. Why fix something thats not broken?
    05-30-09 11:15 PM
    Why fix something thats not broken?
    This is the same question I ask.
    The only thing some people complain about is that it gets dirty and starts sticking.
    05-30-09 11:43 PM
    Release it RIM.
    NOW!!!

Would be a lovely device. Smaller Bold without that ugly synth leather back.
    A Dream.
    05-31-09 02:03 AM
    One thing I really love it the look of the beveled edges.
    I just want one now.
    05-31-09 02:06 AM
    Yeah I totally want this phone man I wish they would call it the Onyx when is comes out but I'm sure they won't

I also hope they keep the trackball just because the pictures we've seen it looks so sexy like that and I would think it would look weird with the trackpad.
    05-31-09 02:47 AM
    I think the trackpad would look odd also.
    I honestly hope the don't change a thing on the outside of the device.
    05-31-09 02:53 AM
    business time me and you are in a simillar situation i was planning on waiting for the onyx to be my first berry but im from the uk so i have no idea when its going to come out. i think im just going to get a curve and upgrade to the onyx when it comes out as my contract should be up by the time it comes out
    05-31-09 05:05 AM
    I was going to get the Tour since carrier isn't an issue, but since this sounds amazing I'm just going to use a crappy phone until then.
    OR I could get the 8900 and upgrade when the Onyx come out...
    05-31-09 08:09 AM
    Just compare it with the Bold. Could be the same release delay for the Onyx around the world.
    05-31-09 10:11 AM
    The Magnum sounds interesting but I'm kind of sick of touchscreen phones.
    The M is sweet! Just think of Palm devices. Yes it's touch, but it also has a keyboard. And there are more devices you guys just haven't heard their names yet....
    05-31-09 10:12 AM
    The M is sweet! Just think of Palm devices. Yes it's touch, but it also has a keyboard. And there are more devices you guys just haven't heard their names yet....
    Yes but Palm devices have the proper OS for touching stuff. I doubt that you will need touching your screen when you got a gorgeous trackball / -pad.
    05-31-09 10:39 AM
    Yes but Palm devices have the proper OS for touching stuff. I doubt that you will need touching your screen when you got a gorgeous trackball / -pad.
    Surely you don't think the M was made with a keyboard and touch, only for the touch not to work???
    05-31-09 11:21 AM
    Surely you don't think the M was made with a keyboard and touch, only for the touch not to work???
    Of course not. But where's the advantage in having a touchscreen that's smaller than 3 inch.
    (but ofc dunno the final specs for the Magnum)
    05-31-09 12:28 PM
    Mind if sit here and wait with everybody. I too am very intersted in the Onyx. I think it will be worth the wait. I currently have the curve and am looking forward to the extras with the onyx
    05-31-09 01:23 PM
    I own the storm currently and im thinking about dropping verizon selling my Storm and picking this bad boy up... As soon as my 30 days was up for the storm i was kicking myself in the **** because i should have gotten the bold because its a much more solid device and gets the job done every time no matter what. I prefer the physical keyboard over the touchscreen for sure. I cant wait for the Onyx to come out it will be amazing im pumped its the better Bold from everything im hearing and its just as fast if not faster cant wait!!!!

(that or i just wait it out for my 2 yrs to be up and the major roll out of BB phones will be out and the kinks worked out and from there i will see which is the best fit... I am convinced i don't really like touchscreen for typing. I prefer a full physical keyboard any day. This next yr should be very interesting to see what comes out for BB im excited but as of right now Onyx all the way (GSM phones seem to be the way to go faster processor and better devices))
    Last edited by SRMartin15; 05-31-09 at 06:08 PM.
    05-31-09 06:01 PM
    i wish the bold had a track pad
    05-31-09 07:17 PM
    I think my plan is once I move back to the US get the 8900 and use it until the Onyx comes out. If I don't do that I'll have to use a crappy pay-as-you-go phone from AT&T or some other carrier. Seems like the most logical thing to do since we don't know when the Onyx is coming out. :P
    06-01-09 02:33 AM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD