Hi Guys

I got a very good offer from Sprint for the Blackberry Tour (9630). The only thing I do not like in Tour is that it does not have wifi .

Since the Tour is 9630 and Onyx is 9020, do you think guys the higher model number means the better specs ?

Does anyone know if the Tour needs to unlocked to work overseas?

Thanks
    07-27-09 10:42 PM
    Higher model number does NOT equal better specs. The Onyx will have better specs than the Tour IIRC, including WiFi.

If you have a Sprint Tour and you use it overseas and you continue to use Sprint service while there (if they do this), it does not need to be unlocked.
    07-27-09 10:44 PM
    Higher model number does NOT equal better specs. The Onyx will have better specs than the Tour IIRC, including WiFi.

If you have a Sprint Tour and you use it overseas and you continue to use Sprint service while there (if they do this), it does not need to be unlocked.
    Thanks. WhatI meant is that I don't want to use Sprint overseas. I want to insert a local SIM card from the other country and use it.
    07-27-09 11:05 PM
    I won't buy a bb without wifi

better speces doesn't always better,but, the price is always more expensive ^^
    07-27-09 11:15 PM
    Thanks. WhatI meant is that I don't want to use Sprint overseas. I want to insert a local SIM card from the other country and use it.
    In this case you will need to unlock it. Sprint should do this for you for free.
    07-27-09 11:37 PM
    The only difference between the Tour and Onyx will be that the Onyx has a "trackpad", it will have WiFi, and maybe a faster processor (aka around the Bold's speed)...
    07-28-09 02:59 AM
    ... and now (probably) a slick leather battery cover, like the Bold.
    07-28-09 01:49 PM
    Hi Guys

I got a very good offer from Sprint for the Blackberry Tour (9630). The only thing I do not like in Tour is that it does not have wifi .

Since the Tour is 9630 and Onyx is 9020, do you think guys the higher model number means the better specs ?

Thanks
    Just look at this Storm(9530) and Bold(9000). which one is better?
    07-28-09 02:12 PM
    Hi Guys

Thanks
    No higher number doesnt always mean it will be better. The onyx is a beefed up smaller bold. The Tour will not be able to compare to it. It really will be an all in one.. If you want an Onyx you could always jump over to ATT . Tmo will also get an onyx
    07-28-09 02:52 PM
    dont get a phone with out wifi
    07-28-09 02:54 PM
    and just look at the 9000 and 8900...

8900 all the way
    07-28-09 03:33 PM
    Hi Guys

Thanks
    I have a Tour, and it is awesome. Being verizon, they wont sell a phone with Wifi capabilities. im pretty sure Sprint is the same way. Honestly, i dont really mind not having wifi. Most of the time I am not near a wifi hotspot anyways so it really makes no difference. When I am at home, i use a computer.

Sprint will unlock your tour for free (there are other forums about this) and then you can insert international sims in it to use it elsewhere. Its really up to you if you want to get a tour or wait for the onyx. I don't really see much of a difference except for wifi, which is not critical. Only difference will be if they give an OS 5.0 update for the Tour. If they won't let us upgrade to 5.0, id go with the Onyx. If they will, there is no reason to wait.
    07-28-09 03:53 PM
    I want all the BBs to be released on VZW. That would never happen, but it would be very nice.
    07-28-09 04:37 PM
    there was a blog post on one of the blackberry sites that explained model numbers down to the T. I searched and searched but I could not find. Basically what the blog entry said was that the last two digits represent cmda or gsm yada yada. There is a method behind RIM's madness
    07-28-09 09:42 PM
    I have a Tour, and it is awesome. Being verizon, they wont sell a phone with Wifi capabilities. im pretty sure Sprint is the same way.
    Verizon has phones with WiFi, and in case you meant BBs, soon they will.
    07-28-09 09:50 PM
    WiFi enabled blackberrys will end in 50 instead of 30
    07-28-09 10:36 PM
    Thanks guys for the comments ....
    07-29-09 01:35 AM
    I think the Tour is CDMA which is what Sprint and VZW is. If you compare the stats for the Tour to your Bold your Bold will already beat it in everything. I think it's more of an upgrade to the first gen Storm which does not have 3G. My boss has a Storm and I have a Bold and my phone is more reliable then his and quicker in uploading and downloading stuff.
    07-29-09 02:07 AM
    I think the Tour is CDMA which is what Sprint and VZW is. If you compare the stats for the Tour to your Bold your Bold will already beat it in everything. I think it's more of an upgrade to the first gen Storm which does not have 3G. My boss has a Storm and I have a Bold and my phone is more reliable then his and quicker in uploading and downloading stuff.
    The Tour also has GSM freq..it will work on ATT unlocked
    07-29-09 02:16 AM
    Hi Guys

Thanks
    Obviously not. The Tour is not even better than the Bold due to a lack of Wi-Fi, even though it has a slightly better camera and higher resolution, but physically smaller screen.
    07-29-09 12:17 PM
    Thanks for the comments! Then, i will keep my Bold
    07-30-09 05:05 AM
    Obviously not. The Tour is not even better than the Bold due to a lack of Wi-Fi, even though it has a slightly better camera and higher resolution, but physically smaller screen.
    Agree... Not to mention that I've read reviewers still say they prefer the Bold's screen due to pixel density or something?

But one of the bigger issues, is the Tour and Onyx have a small black border on the edge of the screens. Unlike the curve 8900 and Bold which go to the edge.

The only thing that I dont like about the Bold is the low app memory and would "prefer" the camera was better because let's face it, even though I have a digital camera, it won't be with me all the time and so having a sort of decent 3.2 mp camera would really help over the sub-par 2.0 mp one.
    07-30-09 04:01 PM
    If you are comapring BB's, the model number is a great indication of a lot of things - it does not tell whether one is better then the other though. Do yourself a favor and search around for some of the specs of both phones then make your own conclusion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 05:18 PM
    HUH? All Verizon Blackberries have been 3G for years, including the Storm.

Also, the Bold doesn't beat the Tour in everything. They both have their pluses and minuses. The Tour has a higher res screen, better camera, and more internal memory. The Bold has a larger screen and a faster processor.
    07-30-09 07:15 PM
    The only difference between the Tour and Onyx will be that the Onyx has a "trackpad", it will have WiFi, and maybe a faster processor (aka around the Bold's speed)...
    Very notable differences!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 07:36 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD