which one would be better? what are the pros and cons of the 9020 vs bold?
    07-30-09 06:57 AM
    This has been discussed already. I won't get into pros and cons, as that is all subjective.

Onyx has:
    - Possibly a faster processor - not sure if this has been nailed down
    - More App Memory
    - 3.2 vs 2.0 mega-pixel camera
    - Smaller
    - Better resolution (although screen is smaller)

What did I miss/get wrong?
    07-30-09 07:14 AM
    Maybe a trackpad. And hopefully not the really ugly fake-leather back
    07-30-09 11:04 AM
    The 9000 is a very nice device. And hard to go wrong with it. It has been out for a while is tried and true and has been optimized.
    Now if you have the option to wait for the release, I would definitely wait on the Onyx. It will be released with the new device software, comes in a smaller package, looks better and is an overall quicker device. That's saying allot because the Bold is very fast. When the Onyx is released it will be the premier BlackBerry on the market. And best too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:25 AM
    ^^ so the onyx will be the next flagship, like the bold? I like flagship devices... so if the onyx is it, i will get it, if not, ill pass?
    07-30-09 11:36 AM
    hopefully not the really ugly fake-leather back

LMAO. Yah, I agree. Lol, I'm on my second case-mate battery cover and the BOLD original is still hanging on
    07-30-09 12:02 PM
    ahha i agreee ....about the leather back
    07-30-09 03:49 PM
    check out the new pics with the pleather back in the blog section of CB
    07-30-09 03:54 PM
    The 9000 is a very nice device. And hard to go wrong with it. It has been out for a while is tried and true and has been optimized.
    Now if you have the option to wait for the release, I would definitely wait on the Onyx. It will be released with the new device software, comes in a smaller package, looks better and is an overall quicker device. That's saying allot because the Bold is very fast. When the Onyx is released it will be the premier BlackBerry on the market. And best too.

what he said, Onyx is FAST compared to the Bold, and the Bold isn't slow.

Its also smaller whilst retaining 99% of the keyboard usability of the Bold. Better camera too, for those vein moments when u wanna take a photo of yourself and send it to everyone and their dog.

Coolies
    07-30-09 05:31 PM
    I can never seem to decide between iPhone and BB, so I'm using a 3G S right now, and figured I'd pick up a BB (sold my Bold in March) again and just keep both from now on....

I'll fight my BB itch until the Onyx drops and pick that up. Probably paying full price (ouch I'm sure).
    07-30-09 06:20 PM
    When you look at the front panel of the Bold, the keyboard is spaced out really well, and all the keys are roughly the same size and is centered well. The keyboard font is a good choice too, elegant, but not ornate.

When you look at the front panel of the Onyx, the keyboard is not spaced out really well. The tiny bottom row (with the space bar) makes the entire keyboard look asymmetrical and clumsy. At least from the recent pics RIM's had the foresight to switch to the Bold/Tour keyboard font, but that last row ... yuck.

Is it me, or does the Onyx seem like a more clumsily designed device? I hope they get it together by the time they release the thing.
    07-30-09 06:33 PM
    hopefully the onyx will have OS 5.0 too.
    08-01-09 12:22 PM
    Wouldn't matter too much to me if it has OS 9.0...if that keyboard stays the same..and of course, my natural comments regarding this teensy weensy phone fetish.

08-01-09 05:56 PM
    hopefully the onyx will have OS 5.0 too.
    The Onyx will definitely go to market with device software 5.0.
    08-01-09 06:03 PM
    Can't wait! My biggest problem with the Bold is the lack of proper application memory.

08-02-09 12:16 PM
    Currently the only real improvement I can see form the Onyx is the improved camera...other than that I don't see how this should be the so called "BOLD 2" I doesn't have a leatherback,doesn't have any huge improvements and we are still lacking the videoconferencing...let me know when the bold comes out with 3.2 and video conferencing then we're talking...
    08-02-09 02:28 PM
    The Onyx is a bit smaller no?
    08-02-09 02:29 PM
    Currently the only real improvement I can see form the Onyx is the improved camera...other than that I don't see how this should be the so called "BOLD 2" I doesn't have a leatherback,doesn't have any huge improvements and we are still lacking the videoconferencing...let me know when the bold comes out with 3.2 and video conferencing then we're talking...
    Yeah the improvements doesn't seem that great but I does give the people that like the smaller size of the 8900 with the Bold features. The Onyx was seen with a leather back

NOW it's a BOLD - New Photo of a BlackBerry 9020 Shows Off a Leather Battery Door! | CrackBerry.com
    08-02-09 02:43 PM
    Im fine with the bold i have about 12 - 13 apps and i couldnt find more to put ..

the only problem is the camera
    08-02-09 09:46 PM
    Im fine with the bold i have about 12 - 13 apps and i couldnt find more to put ..

the only problem is the camera
    Well more apps are coming, but I understand what you're saying. More memory will help the device function more smoothly. The camera on the Onyx is very good.
    08-02-09 10:13 PM
    You know...this whole thing with new devices mystifies me. Why? When you have such a success like the Bold, would RIM change anything but the inner workings? Why make it smaller? Just slap some nice new guts inside what is already a huge hit. Know what would be great? A slider screen. Meaning: a two sided slider screen with some type of projection inlays in the glass. So the Bold screen area could triple when unfolded or un-slid. Wow. How Star Trek-ish of an idea. Ok enough dreaming. Let's just hope it doesn't dissapoint like the Tour or 8900 did me. Just to small and cramped on both devices.

08-02-09 11:05 PM
    didn't the bold have issues with battery overheating?
    08-02-09 11:56 PM
    Any chance RIM will launch another device with the same roomy keyboard as the Bold?
    08-03-09 10:20 PM
    my bold got few probs at this moment one of them the overheating case. still love my bold though but will get onyx when its out. more + things on it
    08-06-09 11:29 AM
    CX, what's the screen resolution of the onyx? Assuming 480x360 vs the Bold's 320?

08-06-09 11:46 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD