08-12-09 11:04 PM
79 1234
tools
    Sweet!!! It's like I'm a junky who just got the days fix!!!

Chris
    07-10-09 10:54 AM
    it looks good! i wonder how the BB world will react!
    Until the make some OS enhancements improvements, the same reaction is going to come from me.... "oh cool"

If the OS gets revamped (webOS like), then I'll be like "OMG OMG OMG, can't wait. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"
    07-10-09 10:57 AM
    Until the make some OS enhancements improvements, the same reaction is going to come from me.... "oh cool"

If the OS gets revamped (webOS like), then I'll be like "OMG OMG OMG, can't wait. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

I agree. I had the same discussion with kasperapd last night.
    07-10-09 11:11 AM
    Depends on the carrier for that statement. It would not be shocking to see non NA carriers launch the device first.
    Are we talking Trackpad here or Trackball be clear. You and I know the Trackpad will not see the light of day this year on any carrier. If it does I'll buy you another one if it doesn't you owe me another one next year when it's officially released. Deal or no deal? I stand behind my statement do you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 11:12 AM
    Bold with a trackpad....cool. Same ol OS, same ol keyboard, same apps. Can I have something really new please?
    07-10-09 11:21 AM
    Are we talking Trackpad here or Trackball be clear. You and I know the Trackpad will not see the light of day this year on any carrier. If it does I'll buy you another one if it doesn't you owe me another one next year when it's officially released. Deal or no deal? I stand behind my statement do you?

Well this is just totally incorrect. The 8520 will surely launch with the trackpad and do so this year. As for the 9020, it will launch this year as well. TB or TP, ha we'll see.
    07-10-09 11:24 AM
    Totally incorrect I don't think so not when the OP: Onyx with trackpad sighted

Your right about the Gem 8520 I will say that it will drop this year with a Trackpad. Onyx 9020 is what SA and I where making statements about to be clear.

CX, as always thanks for whatever you can share!

Last edited by Touchpro247; 07-10-09 at 12:48 PM.
    07-10-09 12:11 PM
    It looks great, but I am going to have to play around with the trackpad first, if it has one on release of course, to see if I want to get the Onyx by paying full price or adding a line.
    07-10-09 12:15 PM
    The Onyx will drop this year just not with a Trackpad. CX that's all I was saying please don't close this thread. I would love to see if SA is willing to take the deal. Enjoy your day bro!

07-10-09 12:38 PM
    The Onyx will drop this year just not with a Trackpad. CX that's all I was saying please don't close this thread. I would love to see if SA is willing to take the deal. Enjoy your day bro!

Oh I'm not going to close it my friend. You may be correct. There have been lots of things going on behind the scenes. Time will tell.
    07-10-09 01:35 PM
    Well I'm sold.... Definitely getting one now.

07-10-09 01:40 PM

I can see Voda/Orange launching it for Christmas. At this point there is still talk of a 2009 launch. (though it is a far cry from the October launch originally). I will take your deal (pertainly only to a non-gemini device launching with the glidepad)
    07-10-09 01:42 PM
    ddddrrrrrooooooooooooolllllll
    07-10-09 02:21 PM
    Trackpad as if touchpad in a laptop?......or like the one in n82?...
    07-10-09 10:21 PM
    So will the Onyx work on the new Telus HSPA network?? Just trying to figure out whether I should get the 9630 or wait for this guy.
    07-10-09 10:22 PM
    Trackpad as if touchpad in a laptop?......or like the one in n82?...
    optical trackpad as in the bottom of a modern computer mouse.

07-10-09 11:23 PM
    Why were you guys gonna close this threat?!?!?!?
    07-10-09 11:47 PM
    Dumb question, but would RIM allow the carriers to pick between trackball or trackpad?
    07-11-09 08:04 AM
    I've seen one with a usb in replace of the ball/pad so you can plug in your own mouse.

07-11-09 10:00 AM
    Well why not releasing one with TB (first) and one with TP (second)

RiM go for it!
    07-11-09 11:29 AM
    Dumb question, but would RIM allow the carriers to pick between trackball or trackpad?
    The carriers isn't the only input, you gotta remember about software also. If the OS isn't ready for the TP the carrier isn't gonna release that one.
    07-11-09 11:54 AM
    Hey guys, looky here.

That's evidence right there!

Link to original pic--> Skitch.com > wolwol > IMG00068-20090608-1539

So the Onyx is on the left what phone is on the right?
    07-11-09 12:30 PM
    I guess RIM made crackberry take down your pic huh? It's not on the front page anymore..*sad*
    07-11-09 12:32 PM
    So Onyx will release in the US in 2009 probably November.... Field testing hasn't started yet but there is a lot of marketing pressure to shorten the test window to expedite this to the masses....

Until we see the HW that comes to the field I don't know for certain if it will be trackpad or trackball but I expect we'll know for certain in the next 30 days....

PG
    07-11-09 12:47 PM
    So Onyx will release in the US in 2009 probably November.... Field testing hasn't started yet but there is a lot of marketing pressure to shorten the test window to expedite this to the masses....

Until we see the HW that comes to the field I don't know for certain if it will be trackpad or trackball but I expect we'll know for certain in the next 30 days....

PG
    I think you'll have your field test unit the first week of August...

Just read on Crucial's twitter page, that at&t will get field test units the first week of August.
    07-11-09 01:13 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD